rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you guys compartmentalize the Pickup/ Redpill Parts of Your life?

Let's be honest, any girl finding out about pickup/ redpill tendencies you have is a liability, for numerous reasons, one of which being somehow it gets to an employer or you end up getting publicly shamed. In this day and age anything is possible.

Quick anecdote, I was vibing really well with a girl the other day in the middle of a set, and she was like, "you would probably like the book 'the subtle art of not giving a f*** by Mark Manson (I think that's his name)". I was like "that's pretty cool, i've heard of the book, didn't that guy used to be like a pickup artist or something?" Anyway, that thread of conversation had me saying, oh shit, maybe like I shouldn't have said that. I don't want to make a mistake like that again.

How do you guys compartmentalize? For example, I don't use facebook, my IG doesn't give any revealing details on me, much less my current location, I'm not on any other social media, and I have a burner phone I use for taking numbers. Both my cells I pay for in cash as well, and I plan on keeping it that way. The only person I talk to about game is my wing and some older red pill work guys. No one else.

No need.

Not being able to recover from something so benign as discussing an author that used to do pickup is something that you'll get better at as social skills improve. Don't make it a point to be controversial with women unless you know what you're doing, but being afraid of controversial subjects won't do you any favors either. As for employers, these days it's best to own your income.

I'm all for privacy measures and even tempering my opinions in mixed company, as that just seems like common sense if you want to get along with people. But I don't think there's any reason to completely hide your beliefs or even the fact that you've read up on pickup.

Sounds like you're walking on eggshells with these girls and that's a horrible frame of mind to be in. I can't imagine that's sending very good messages in your body language. Some of the most natural players you'll meet are complete shitlords with women (that's not a prescription - use with extreme caution).

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (02-12-2019 08:58 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

No need.

Not being able to recover from something so benign as discussing an author that used to do pickup is something that you'll get better at as social skills improve. Don't make it a point to be controversial with women unless you know what you're doing, but being afraid of controversial subjects won't do you any favors either. As for employers, these days it's best to own your income.

I'm all for privacy measures and even tempering my opinions in mixed company, as that just seems like common sense if you want to get along with people. But I don't think there's any reason to completely hide your beliefs or even the fact that you've read up on pickup.

Sounds like you're walking on eggshells with these girls and that's a horrible frame of mind to be in. I can't imagine that's sending very good messages in your body language. Some of the most natural players you'll meet are complete shitlords with women (that's not a prescription - use with extreme caution).

I was three margaritas deep (something I decided is going to happen no more, keeping it to one drink when going out), and I don’t think it came off badly, I am familiar with a lot of authors but it just popped in my mind that he used to be in pickup. As a general rule I avoid controversial things but I do come off a bit cocky.

You may be getting to the truth about my body language. I think I need to work on it. I try to have relaxed but dominate posture. I make every effort as well to speak slowly and clearly, but maybe it needs some work…

Many of the guys I've seen have success are shitlords and make no effort to self-censor but they own it via their frame.

Be truthful to yourself.

If you get questioned (although your example is leaning more towards you questioning yourself), then either change the topic because it makes you uncomfortable (true), or mention that it's something that came up in conversation previously (true), or just tell her this conversation is boring (also true) and escalate rapidly. Lead.