rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Publishing red pill written works

I wrote for RoK for a couple years for Roosh, and I was thinking of eventually writing a novel or two. I like the idea of digital and paper on demand publishing, but is there any company that is not tainted by feminism who will just decline to publish because they are offended?

I made sure to get my paperback of Game the second time around immediately upon Roosh's announcement as I knew it would be banned again. It sits by my La Z Boy in my living room and gets read by the fire with good beer on weekends. I know our proprietor has issues with publications of his works, and I want to learn from his experience and others.

I know a lot of you guys like having a paper book, but I personally only ever buy electronic books these days to read on Kindle.

The good thing about electronic books is they can't censor them and you can produce them yourself for zero overheads.

Quote: (02-10-2019 03:49 PM)Luke Stranahan Wrote:  

I wrote for RoK for a couple years for Roosh, and I was thinking of eventually writing a novel or two. I like the idea of digital and paper on demand publishing, but is there any company that is not tainted by feminism who will just decline to publish because they are offended?

I made sure to get my paperback of Game the second time around immediately upon Roosh's announcement as I knew it would be banned again. It sits by my La Z Boy in my living room and gets read by the fire with good beer on weekends. I know our proprietor has issues with publications of his works, and I want to learn from his experience and others.

Dude, no reason at all to use a traditional publisher. Go indie publishing. Same distribution, same quality, same everything. Paper and electronic and even audio, you can do it all. It's not hard either.

Quote: (02-10-2019 04:22 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

I know a lot of you guys like having a paper book, but I personally only ever buy electronic books these days to read on Kindle.

The good thing about electronic books is they can't censor them and you can produce them yourself for zero overheads.

What I was speaking of was on demand printing, not traditional publishing. It usually goes along with electronic books. They may not be able to censor them, but they certainly can stop offering them for sale. I would do both e books and print on demand.

Quote: (02-11-2019 10:27 AM)Luke Stranahan Wrote:  

Quote: (02-10-2019 04:22 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

What I was speaking of was on demand printing, not traditional publishing. It usually goes along with electronic books. They may not be able to censor them, but they certainly can stop offering them for sale. I would do both e books and print on demand.

There's no rhyme or reason to how the 'Zon bans books, with the exception of sex with minors and bestiality - those are consistently banned. Erotica authors have reported inconsistent banning practices.

Outside of erotica, it depends on how much media attention you get. There are plenty of anti-feminist books for sale online that, for better or worse, didn't attract the same shitstorm that Roosh did.

If your views are so radical that you get banned from platforms, you can always sell electronically from your own website using Paypal or even crypto. You can also drop-ship paper books, using Lulu.com as a printer. But that means using your house as a small warehouse, and time spent at the post office. It could be worth it, but you'd have to price the book properly to compensate yourself for your time.

Quote: (02-10-2019 08:47 PM)Savonarola Wrote:  

Dude, no reason at all to use a traditional publisher. Go indie publishing. Same distribution, same quality, same everything. Paper and electronic and even audio, you can do it all. It's not hard either.

I was not thinking of using a traditional publisher. Please recommend an indie publisher.

Edit: for recent comment, I see your point. Nah, I'd just have some characters be pro-white, anti-HR and feminism.

I am a fiction writer (also wrote 2 articles for ROK) currently writing Red Pilled short stories- I want to put them together in a book and sell it.

I was going to just self publish it on Kindle.
I also want to write novels in the future. I'm not sure how publishing and publicity would work with that, though.

Quote: (02-11-2019 11:01 AM)Luke Stranahan Wrote:  

Quote: (02-10-2019 08:47 PM)Savonarola Wrote:  

I was not thinking of using a traditional publisher. Please recommend an indie publisher.

Edit: for recent comment, I see your point. Nah, I'd just have some characters be pro-white, anti-HR and feminism.

In 2019, there is no reason to go to an indie publishing house. Best route now is DIY, where you can make your own files, book covers, and sell independently. You contract out the stuff you don't know how to do. We are now our own publishers.

This is my field.

This is good information. To whom do you sell?

Quote: (02-11-2019 12:51 PM)Luke Stranahan Wrote:  

This is good information. To whom do you sell?

For electronic, all the usual online stores-- iTunes, Amazon, Kobo, B&N, Scribd, and a zillion others. Use an aggregator like Draft2Digital to make it more manageable.
For paper, I just sell via CreateSpace, owned by Amazon, which gets you into a vast global network of print distribution channels.

Ah, but does create space not have a refuse-to-publish thing? I think Roosh ran afoul of them directly with 'Game."