rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

Wong Fu is a big Youtube channel that has been leading the way in blue pill cinematic shorts for 15 years now. Since they are one of the most watched channels on all of Youtube and the contents of their videos contain a great many of the tropes and cliches that we make fun of here, I figured it would be fun to make a thread where we point out and laugh at those things in their videos.

I'll start with this one about a girl who breaks up with her boyfriend and leans on a shy nice guy working in a grocery store for emotional support to get through that time only to tell him she "isn't ready" when he suggests that they see each other at some time and place that isn't at his work. She then proceeds to come back to the store later and trash him basically for only earning minimum wage and not traveling enough before she leaves town never to return.

Much later, probably just as soon as he has finally forgotten about her, she mails him a cardboard box containing a number of plastic bottles (which had previously contained the product of this video's main sponsor which they used to drink together) that she has filled with various items from all of the cool nature places she has traveled to without him. She does not mention anything about banging other guys on her way to and through these places but we here on this forum know how the game is played.

The box contains a letter written by her in which she tells friend-zone incel guy that she is sorry for trashing him the last time she saw him but that he needs to put all of the items in the bottles back where they came from because it will fulfill him or something.

The best part of all is the end credits which begin at 12:00 where the directors of the short talk about their sponsor who is, I kid you not, a company called "Vitasoy" that manufactures soy milk, which the directors then claim to love and to have been drinking since childhood. Truly spectacular.

Without further ado, I present "From Here On Out" by Wong Fu Productions.

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

Fung Bros are incredibly worse...talk about a bunch of idiots that constantly perpetuate self-limiting beliefs of Asian dudes living in the West

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

I think I banged that chick in Venice a couple years back.

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

I thought this thread would have lots of jokes like:

Chinese say "Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

Or,

"me Chinese me play joke me put peepee in your coke"

Alas....

But yes that is a pretty heinous video. I feel it has a "come to find peace and happiness in your Inability to ever score - and ALWAYS respakt the whamenz"

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

I dunno, the message I saw was - chicks don't did timid grocery clerks, quit a pathetic job like that, widen your horisons, then you become worthy. It's true isn't it?

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

Quote: (02-01-2019 08:01 AM)Mage Wrote:  

I dunno, the message I saw was - chicks don't did timid grocery clerks, quit a pathetic job like that, widen your horisons, then you become worthy. It's true isn't it?

It's not a pathetic job, just a normal one. There is no shame in being a low wage earner. That's what most jobs are now and mostly everyone without connections at least starts there. Most people are not going to be travel photographers, e-commerce millionaires, and managers at brokerage firms. Most jobs are lame and boring, thats's why they pay. Why would someone pay you for something they could get someone else to do for free?

The timidity is his fault, yes, and that's where game would come in but he's still got to get his rent money from somewhere and maybe he just hasn't saved enough to get himself out of that place yet.

Personally, I'm not really of the opinion that you become "worthy." I think it comes mostly down to giving the impression to the female that you have higher value than all the other men she currently has access to (increasingly more difficult with the internet making more and more men accessible to her). You may or may not actually be of higher value. You just make her feel that way.

All that said, yea, he would do well to be more confident but a job is a job and travel costs money (I'm actually curious to know where he got the money to go to those places she told him to go to at the end).

The main thing I was focusing on was the female because she displays many of the common behaviors that we know and often talk about, all in a single video.

Also, the soy milk thing at the end is the icing on the cake that made me want to share this video here. It just brings everything together so well.

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

So this video is really a comedy, right?

It must be, because I couldn't stop laughing. I had to watch it alone otherwise a lot of the people around me would get pissed at my gales of derisive laughter at 'something so sad and sensitive'.

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

Quote: (02-01-2019 08:01 AM)Mage Wrote:  

As Waqqle said, there's nothing wrong with a being a low wage earner as you gotta start from somewhere.

The bigger issue here could best be described by the Arcade Fire song Suburbs ii of feeling stuck in that townie syndrome.

The grass is not always greener when when "widening those horizons" but the growing pains that come along with that eventually result in newer experiences, personal development, changing preferences with women, and just more overall lifestyle possibilities if one plays his cards right.

Essentially, the women that shun him after he widens his horizons will exceed those of that one grocery store chick who will long gone be a distant memory....

Everybody has different developmental patterns as humans as I personally benefitted off of:
1) branching off for college,
2) recycling friends/influences after undergrad,
3) doing the same thing over again when returning for grad school, and
4) then once more having to reinvent myself in the last couple of years yet again.

In a couple of those phases, I had stints working "shit jobs" at restaurants in the suburbs but was somehow able to date above my weight too.

Quote: (02-01-2019 11:19 AM)Waqqle Wrote:  

Personally, I'm not really of the opinion that you become "worthy." I think it comes mostly down to giving the impression to the female that you have higher value than all the other men she currently has access to (increasingly more difficult with the internet making more and more men accessible to her). You may or may not actually be of higher value. You just make her feel that way.

^That skill only comes with more trial & error & through branching out.

As a guy that's very well aware of his own capabilities & limitations as time evolved, I know for a fact that I would've never developed that "edge" if I maintained the townie lifestyle many of my high school friends continued even after returning home from college.

Then again, I'm back in my hometown living on the cusp of big city/suburbs as these townie type scenarios are ones I'm cashing in on now [Image: smile.gif]))

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

Quote: (02-01-2019 01:12 AM)Laner Wrote:  

I think I banged that chick in Venice a couple years back.

Pretty sure I had her in San Jose.

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

This short film must be an Asian way of saying "let them eat cake".

A guy works at a grocery store, meets a girl he likes. She seems to like him too, but life just has to be too fucking complicated, right? She can't just go out on a date with him and have sex because she has to travel around the world and find herself. Then she leaves town and sends him a bunch of stupid bottles with rocks, air, water and leaves from different places she visited. The poor bastard making minimum wags is supposed to travel to all these places alone and bring back all these stupid things, with blue balls and maxed out credit cards. In the meantime, bitch goes to Venice where Laner fucks the shit out of her.

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

delete

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

I blame Kpop and Kdrama for creating all these modern Asian soyboys.

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

Quote: (02-02-2019 10:19 PM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

I blame these parents for starting families in the self-segregated San Gabriel Valley (626) of Southern California for raising their sons in an environment which basically disables them from knowing how to interact with the rest of the world outside of their Asian bubbles.

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

Quote: (02-02-2019 10:19 PM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

The whole east Asian "flower-boy" look was started by the alleged paedophile Japanese American Johnny Kitagawa:

Quote:Quote:

Johnny Kitagawa

Long before the rise of Kpop’s boy bands, Japanese boy bands once took center stage in Asia. Like Kpop’s manner of presentation, these bands often portrayed an effeminate image via clothing style, make-up and hairstyles. Many of these bands were owned by Johnny & Associates; a production agency led and founded by Johnny Hiromu Kitagawa. Kitagawa’s influence over the Japanese entertainment industry was phenomenal due to the fact that he held a monopoly over the creation of Japanese boy bands for more than 40 years.

Moreover, it has also been speculated that Kitagawa’s influence may even reach beyond just simply the entertainment industry. In 1988, Koji Kita, a member of one of Kitagawa’s bands, came forward about Kitagawa’s abusing of his position to make unwanted sexual advances upon the boys in the bands. Later in 1996, more performers came forward to state similar allegations. What was intriguing, however, was despite Kitagawa’s fame and popularity, there was almost no mention of it in the press. From “Secrets, sex, and spectacle: the rules of scandal in Japan and the United States”, by Mark D. West, West commented that it wasn’t due to the Japanese shying away from pedophilia stories since there were numerous articles covering Michael Jackson’s cases. But for some peculiar reason, Kitagawa’s cases were almost entirely ignored.

[Image: 1*aoSxgcR7EeX0dxXiix6ayg.gif]

[Image: 1*b7lmIjD0kNkcPy7O3R2KcQ.gif]

[Image: 1*h74V7CbdnrWJBzfBZNcrbw.gif]

But who exactly was Kitagawa? What do we know about him as a person? According to Shuto Yoshiki, a writer for Japan’s Foreign Policy Forum, “Johnny Kitagawa was born in Los Angeles in 1931 as a Japanese-American bearing a US passport. Following the Korean war he moved to Japan where he lived in a single-room apartment on the fourth floor of a lodging house within Washington Heights (later the National Olympic Memorial Youth Center accommodation block). While there, he worked as a member of staff at the American Embassy Military Assistance Advisory Group”.

The takeaway here is that Kitagawa was a Japanese-American who had worked for the United States government. Yoshiki also noted that “in fact, it was America that gave birth to the Johnnies”, because Kitagawa’s first contact with young Japanese boys was at a site owned and operated by the United States government; Washington Heights.

Not only is this fact essential to proving that the birth of the “flower boy” was not something that naturally came from Asian culture, but that there could potentially be something or someone insidious, perhaps even sinister, who was behind the popularization of the flower boy in Asian media. This is especially the case when taking into account the fact that the United States government was involved.
As a result, the question isn’t whether the U.S. government played a role in pushing the emasculating style onto young Asian men. Rather, the question that should be asked is how big of a role did it play in pushing the style and how big of a role did it play in potentially brainwashing many young Asian men and women to embrace the style as attractive? Judging from how the Japanese press were kept eerily silent on Kitagawa’s crimes, the assumption would be that the U.S. government’s involvement was, perhaps, not insignificant.

But how would the west benefit from going out of its way to promote a grotesque fashion sense among Asians, particularly Asian men? The influence of soft power can’t be underestimated. By bolstering a style that has tremendous emasculatory effects on Asian men, Asia’s soft power can be weakened and respect for the continent and its people as a whole will be decreased. In the meantime, the west remains the epitome of beauty, reason, culture and prestige in which it can easily use to wield undue influence over other countries.

Quote:Quote:

Likewise, in South Korea, the emergence of kkonminam (translates to “flower boy”) was linked to the rise of yaoi genre of comics after 1998 when there was a lift on the ban of Japanese pop culture. It can then be concluded that the kkonminam is certainly a recent trend and was never originally part of Korean culture. There had also been discussions regarding the rise of kkonminam as being caused by Korean women’s desire to “conform to an ideal, surgically enhanced beauty”, which then induced them to “turn away from the traditional male role model, towards a man who now understands, and may even to some extent share, the beauty burden".

Wong Fu Laugh Thread

This concept of "flower boys" reminded me of a bit in Gavin McInnes' latest podcast from last week where he says these guys are basically women.

I've isolated it here:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0EjoOAszkz9