rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

30 days on Seeking - my observations
0 days on Seeking - my observations
I know there's a somewhat dated thread in the Newbie section on the website Seeking a.k.a SA, but I wanted to share some observations from signing up for a 1 month membership. Let me share some details that lead up to this:

1. I recently experienced a loss in my family which provided an unexpected windfall via life insurance as well as the sale of two properties left to me

2. I was considering relocating prior to that loss, but ultimately last Fall I posted on here about it, and decided to settle down in Houston, TX, where I purchased a hi rise condo downtown and closed on it after Christmas.

3. During the month of December, I signed up for a month subscription to Seeking, as I had heard and read about the site, but wanted to see for myself what I could pipeline in my new city, with no intention of entering any type of provider/SD relationship.

I am a mid 30s (36 next month) fit black guy, with a track record of pulling women from all races. Downtown Houston from my visits had a growing population of hot 7s-9s and a solid economy, decent nightlife, and pro sports teams.

The results/observations are below:

- I posted 4 photos, 2 showing off my body indirectly (1 playing basketball a buddy took for me with my phone, the other a female friend took for me in the gym), 1 photo at a dinner wearing a nice blazer/shirt, and 1 of me in the lounge of an airport indirectly showing off wealth (Rolex)

- The text was short and to the point. I shared (summarizing) that I was new to the city but not to the game. I was not looking to financially support a woman, however was interested in meeting beautiful women who had the desire for more, or who were seeking to experience an incredible 2019. I noticed by just mentioning that you could share in what I was already doing was hooking solid 8s and a few 9s (3).

- Any woman who in their profile lists I rather not say under children has at least 2. I had 14 women over 30 days message me with that in their profile, and when I asked directly, that was the reply. I followed up with 1 as a potential plate

- I had more incoming messages from white women than any other, which was surprising. Black women were curious, but I could tell some were skeptical of my profile. White women and Latinas were open to communicating, and after 3 to 4 messages, agreed to set up a meet. Meetings were agreed upon were happy hours for drinks during the middle of the week (Tues-Thurs). Never a Fri-Sun. I always set the stage that I usually had a 2 hour window we could meet.

- 17 meetings/dates were set, 10 were kept, 4 were closed. Of the 6 that weren't closed, 3 were expecting some pay per meet or money upfront even after I told them in our prior communication that wasn't going down. 1 of the 6 flakes wanted a guy she could move in with (literally), as she had just relocated from San Francisco, and was staying with a friend. When that topic surfaced, and I told her that wasn't an option, she made up some b.s and I never heard from her.

- Of the 4 that closed, the average bill for drinks with them was $59.00. That was drinks for 1-2 hours for both of us. The very first 1 we ended up staying and eating at the bar of a hotel restaurant, so that went up over $100 (rookie mistake). The others were all limited to 2-3 drinks max.

- Logistics was huge. I set up the meetings within 1 mile of my new place, and usually 24 hours ahead of our date/meeting, I dropped the hint that I had just moved in to the sexiest new condo in the city, followed by a pic of the view from my living room. With each of the 4 that closed (and the 1 who wanted to move in), they all asked IOI on the place, in which after we left - I suggested to the 4 to stop by to take a look at what I had done to decorate the place*

Overall, I spent about 1 hour a day replying to messages or sending messages to women. There are a LOT of scams/flakes on that site, and you have to screen well. There are also a lot of hookers looking for clients, and 1 almost tricked me into a meet.

The $90 invested I broke down to $3/day to quickly filter and msg 7-9's who I was interested in connecting. As I type this there are still some who I sent messages 2 weeks ago that have just hit me back, as they are returning to the city for college for the Spring Semester.

Interested in the groups thoughts, and will answer anything I can. I am nowhere near a master at game, but if you guys move to a new city (especially one with over 1M population), I recommend trying this out if you aren't a newbie to game.
Interesting breakdown. (btw, I think you made a decent decision with Houston and a nice condo--I remember you debating this a while back--glad it worked out)

Although, I am very curious about that site and the which girls around here are on it, I'm pretty much terrified that I'd be outted as "the dude looking for internet hookers" and my reputation would be ruined. My reputation is very important to me and more important to the "Future Me" and I don't know what "Future Me" has in store, so I don't want to fuck him over; it could be important.
Interesting...

Probably the best place to find good-looking girls. Important to screen but at least having many options, it's easier to avoid one-itis. Not to say higher chances of banging pretty chicks.

The problem I see is having to deal with scammers or those semi-prostitutes who push your buttons trying to extract as much as possible without giving shit. It's like going to a brothel and an ugly hooker sitting next to you and asking for a drink ($20 beer).
OP, in your costs breakdown, you seem to have forgetten the price of your subscription to the website itself.
Quote: (01-21-2019 07:11 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

Interesting breakdown. (btw, I think you made a decent decision with Houston and a nice condo--I remember you debating this a while back--glad it worked out)

Although, I am very curious about that site and the which girls around here are on it, I'm pretty much terrified that I'd be outted as "the dude looking for internet hookers" and my reputation would be ruined. My reputation is very important to me and more important to the "Future Me" and I don't know what "Future Me" has in store, so I don't want to fuck him over; it could be important.

I too rely heavily on discretion, and didn't mention that I did not have a clear photo of my face on the public photos. Once I vetted and felt a level of comfort, I shared one.
Quote: (01-21-2019 08:46 AM)Caduceus Wrote:  

OP, in your costs breakdown, you seem to have forgetten the price of your subscription to the website itself.

I actually did - $90 or $3/day.
I did something similar as the OP.

My goal was to see if the quality of women would be higher than other sites. This is an issue for me because I'm over 50 and generally don't have access to younger, hotter women online.

- met up with several women
- most were catfish
- 4 were dtf (and hot)
- closed 2 at no cost other than a drink
- these 2 are now fb's

Just like anything else you have to put in your numbers and have solid game.

The reality that I experienced is that yes, there are many younger women out there that actually love dating older men and it's not all about the money.
Quote: (01-21-2019 01:36 PM)Anchor Wrote:  

I did something similar as the OP.

My goal was to see if the quality of women would be higher than other sites. This is an issue for me because I'm over 50 and generally don't have access to younger, hotter women online.

- met up with several women
- most were catfish
- 4 were dtf (and hot)
- closed 2 at no cost other than a drink
- these 2 are now fb's

Just like anything else you have to put in your numbers and have solid game.

The reality that I experienced is that yes, there are many younger women out there that actually love dating older men and it's not all about the money.

This thread and this follow up post echoes what a co-worker mentioned to me about his experience last summer. He had just gone through a divorce and was out of the loop dating. He makes good money, but had limited game. Where we had a difference in opinion is he was ok being a part time SD to a 9 (which he is to this day). I told him to close them with little to no cost, but I think he just loves the fact he gets the attention from someone hot.
Wait a sec...SA is ok, but p4p is frowned upon? Color me confused.
Quote: (01-21-2019 11:13 AM)treypound Wrote:  

I already said this on another seeking arrangement thread, but paying 90 dollars per month just for having a profile on this website is way too expensive.
Quote: (01-21-2019 02:37 PM)Caduceus Wrote:  

Quote: (01-21-2019 11:13 AM)treypound Wrote:  

I already said this on another seeking arrangement thread, but paying 90 dollars per month just for having a profile on this website is way too expensive.

And that's the Beauty of it! That $90 price tag will Weed Out the Brokes & Players who want it with $0 Upfront cost! Now even a DayGame God like Paul Jenka was at a 13% success Rate... and OP's at 40%! I've never been on SA... but can understand the Goldmine it is for Players who can easily avoid being Tricked Out!
I think you posted this thread in the wrong forum. You posted it in the game section.
Quote: (01-21-2019 03:58 PM)zoom Wrote:  

I think you posted this thread in the wrong forum. You posted it in the game section.
But this is all about game, sugar daddy game. Play it well and win. This post is just affirming the effectiveness of one tool. It may not be everyone's first choice of a tool, but it is useful.
Quote: (01-21-2019 04:15 PM)Anchor Wrote:  

Quote: (01-21-2019 03:58 PM)zoom Wrote:  

But this is all about game, sugar daddy game. Play it well and win. This post is just affirming the effectiveness of one tool. It may not be everyone's first choice of a tool, but it is useful.

I know several RVFers who have done VERY well on seeking arrangement running "bait and switch" game where they claim to be open to the idea of financial support, but simply don't follow through.

They tell the girl what she wants to hear, run usual first date/zero-date bang recipe, and then carry on as if money/sugaring never came up OR next the girl when she starts insisting on an allowance or whatever.

Like Anchor mentioned before, while most girls on the site are looking to get paid, there's a substantial number that are merely looking for established wealthy/older men to date and won't necessarily demand payment (although they might expect to partake in the lifestyle, e.g. restaurants, travel, etc.). I wouldn't automatically assume anyone on SA (especially RVFers) is only there for p4p.
Quote: (01-21-2019 06:14 PM)Isaac Jordan Wrote:  

I know several RVFers who have done VERY well on seeking arrangement running "bait and switch" game where they claim to be open to the idea of financial support, but simply don't follow through.

That's gold...I'm going to try that!
I’ve done 2 x 30 days’ worth of Seeking subscriptions.

I always mentioned that the first meet was purely to assess a mutual attraction. This left the question of the arrangement unanswered, at least for the first meet.

This backfired on me only once, with a moronic/narcissistic cunt who had poor reading comprehension.

After the bang, she immediately put on a sulky face, expecting me to pep her up with an offer of money (nothing was said by her however). Later that evening after she’d left, she sent a text message mentioning she was expecting to be paid so she could feed her dogs! Good guilt trip attempt.

After I reminded her of the purpose of our meet, the explicit wording in my profile and that Seeking is not about “pay per meet” and that if I wanted a hooker, I would have just gone to a whorehouse, she said “I know some guys in your apartment complex who wouldn’t approve of your behaviour”.

I called it out for the empty threat that it was and put her in her place again.

Didn’t hear back from her, until 3 months later when I got a message from one of her white Knight friends (possible sugar daddy, who knows) who proceeded to insist I pay her “or there’ll be consequences “. I trolled him by saying she gave me herpes, so we were even, and that he should get checked too, haha.

I’d block the number, then get contacted again from another. This went on for a couple of weeks, culminating in a call to my direct line at work (not publically listed). That really pissed me off, but fortunately was the end of it.

Couldn’t believe the gaul of the guy and his blind obedience to that stupid bitch that was honestly a horrible bang with skinny/fat body and smokers breath, not to mention vapid conversation.
Quote: (01-21-2019 07:08 PM)Windom Earle Wrote:  

I’ve done 2 x 30 days’ worth of Seeking subscriptions.

I always mentioned that the first meet was purely to assess a mutual attraction. This left the question of the arrangement unanswered, at least for the first meet.

This backfired on me only once, with a moronic/narcissistic cunt who had poor reading comprehension.

After the bang, she immediately put on a sulky face, expecting me to pep her up with an offer of money (nothing was said by her however). Later that evening after she’d left, she sent a text message mentioning she was expecting to be paid so she could feed her dogs! Good guilt trip attempt.

After I reminded her of the purpose of our meet, the explicit wording in my profile and that Seeking is not about “pay per meet” and that if I wanted a hooker, I would have just gone to a whorehouse, she said “I know some guys in your apartment complex who wouldn’t approve of your behaviour”.

I called it out for the empty threat that it was and put her in her place again.

Didn’t hear back from her, until 3 months later when I got a message from one of her white Knight friends (possible sugar daddy, who knows) who proceeded to insist I pay her “or there’ll be consequences “. I trolled him by saying she gave me herpes, so we were even, and that he should get checked too, haha.

I’d block the number, then get contacted again from another. This went on for a couple of weeks, culminating in a call to my direct line at work (not publically listed). That really pissed me off, but fortunately was the end of it.

Couldn’t believe the gaul of the guy and his blind obedience to that stupid bitch that was honestly a horrible bang with skinny/fat body and smokers breath, not to mention vapid conversation.

That wasnt her white knight friend, that was her pimp
^ I did consider that, but doubt it considering it was 3 months later and ultimately tooth-less.

Likely her vitriolic gossip eventually landed on a sympathetic ear, inspiring retribution in the beta male.
Good stuff, treypound. I'm sorry for your loss.

You seem like a easy going guy with good things going on in your life, so you are actually congruent with the SA lifestyle. If you can share what your strategy on SA will be, going forward, it will be really helpful. Of the 4 that you closed, any chance for a repeat?
Quote: (01-21-2019 08:33 AM)joost Wrote:  

Interesting...

Probably the best place to find good-looking girls. Important to screen but at least having many options, it's easier to avoid one-itis. Not to say higher chances of banging pretty chicks.

The problem I see is having to deal with scammers or those semi-prostitutes who push your buttons trying to extract as much as possible without giving shit. It's like going to a brothel and an ugly hooker sitting next to you and asking for a drink ($20 beer).

Quote: (01-21-2019 07:55 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

You seem like a easy going guy with good things going on in your life, so you are actually congruent with the SA lifestyle. If you can share what your strategy on SA will be, going forward, it will be really helpful. Of the 4 that you closed, any chance for a repeat?

Thanks. As for on-going strategy, one of the four has LTR potential. She shared she only signed up for the site after her friend told her about how a former pro basketball player found her on there, and took her on a 3 week vacation in Europe, wining and dining her. She didn't have the personality like many I encountered, almost a sense of innocence about her at the ripe age of 26. The others I trade messages with, and I know one fell for me hard. The other two are still looking for their whale.

I would also note that a year ago, I would not have been as open minded to try this site in the manner I did. I also believe location matters. If I was still in the DC area, my results would likely be lower. Not because their aren't plenty of women there, but in my time there I ran into too many ultra liberal career women.
Quote: (01-21-2019 08:35 PM)treypound Wrote:  

Quote: (01-21-2019 08:33 AM)joost Wrote:  

Interesting...

Quote: (01-21-2019 07:55 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

Thanks. As for on-going strategy, one of the four has LTR potential. She shared she only signed up for the site after her friend told her about how a former pro basketball player found her on there, and took her on a 3 week vacation in Europe, wining and dining her. She didn't have the personality like many I encountered, almost a sense of innocence about her at the ripe age of 26. The others I trade messages with, and I know one fell for me hard. The other two are still looking for their whale.

I would also note that a year ago, I would not have been as open minded to try this site in the manner I did. I also believe location matters. If I was still in the DC area, my results would likely be lower. Not because their aren't plenty of women there, but in my time there I ran into too many ultra liberal career women.

Understood. Even getting 1 of 4 is not bad for an ongoing basis. As someone looking to dabble in SA in the near future, I definitely see the potential in places like NYC. Will need to test it out in New England.

One area that is a concern for me involves letting these females into your condo, showing a high value lifestyle. Maybe I am being paranoid but is there a concern about any potential for extortion, Metoo type scenario or do you screen for that? I guess what I am trying to say is that the more you have, the greater possibility that one of these SA females could try to make a run for your assets. I have to admit this has made me wary of showing too much personal stuff.

On a separate note, I hear great things about Houston, glad you found a good fit.
SA/Seeking is going downhill like all the rest of the dating apps. The 7-9s are moving elsewhere now or on ego trips and just stroking themselves with vibrators, liking their likes, with no connection.

It will all move back to the clubs and other prime venues soon enough. The way of nature. The pendulum swing.
Seeking is shit in london. Ugly women. Hookers everywhere. No slut even messages first. Before you say its my pics. I have a fake profile of a rich guy on there to and he hardly gets any messages either.
Quote: (01-21-2019 02:20 PM)Cation Wrote:  

Wait a sec...SA is ok, but p4p is frowned upon? Color me confused.

Frowned upon where? In society? This forum is rife with p4p discussion.
Quote: (01-21-2019 09:36 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

One area that is a concern for me involves letting these females into your condo, showing a high value lifestyle. Maybe I am being paranoid but is there a concern about any potential for extortion, Metoo type scenario or do you screen for that? I guess what I am trying to say is that the more you have, the greater possibility that one of these SA females could try to make a run for your assets. I have to admit this has made me wary of showing too much personal stuff.
You can mitigate this possibility:
- sexy time is never in your bed (first few times)
- you make sure they leave and never spend the night
- you don't let them get too drunk or stoned
- you can always record consent if you're really worried about it
- you follow up with her via text, talking about how much fun it was etc. and when she agrees you screenshot it and save it
They will get the message that this is a FB situation.