rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Saigon (HCM) and southern Vietnam

I'm not reading a lot about Saigon (where to go out for non pro hook ups and where the best pro action would be), nor about specifics for travel around there. I'd also like to visit some nice beaches while I'm in the NAM, and perhaps another city (not Hanoi), along with a bit of cool tourist stuff.

I'll be there solo in March, after traveling with my wingman in Japan (1 month+) and THai (2 months)...we're thinking of Tokyo and Osaka (with a bit of time in Kyoto and Kobe). We have about 10 more days to kill btw. Japan and Thai, at the end of Dec. This time could be used around Osaka, or we could stop in HK on the way to BKK. Any thoughts?

Also, for Thai, we're thinking 1 month in BKK, and 1 month in Koh Samui. Any other advise would be appreciated, as it's been 20 years since my backpacking days in this part of the world ( I did NZ, OZ, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thai, back in '91'. I can't imagine what 20 years has done to some of these areas!)

Stop over in HK. Might as well hit it up.

Yeah I wouldn’t miss out on HK.

None pro in Saigon would be very difficult, local good girl are not likely to go with foreigners. it might be better in smaller cities like Dalat and villages in mekong river, the local girls there are much friendlier but very hard to score.
There was a popular bar called Apocalypse Now, if it still operate I would try there. Lots of Semi pros there...

The best club I found in Saigon was called Lush. It's in District 1. Tuesday is ladies night there, and is really good (I was there in May). I met plenty of regular, attractive, non-prost. whores there.

Another really good club in Saigon is Gossip Club. I think there is normally a $15 cover and you need to be on the guest list, but this local girl brought me there so I was fine to get in. THAT is where the hot girls go out at night in Saigon.

Apocalypse now was a bunch of foreigners and prostitutes.. fuck that place.

I had a good time in Saigon, I'd check it out if you have time. Best food in Vietnam

I'm not a fan of Saigon, been twice and it's a bit of a hell hole. Noisy, polluted, over crowded, too much traffic, run down and dirty, bad infrastructure, constantly get hassled by people wanting to sell you shit. Hang around in the main tourist bits and you'll only encounter pros in the bars and clubs but there are places where locals go, don't ask me where they are or the name as I can't remember. Some of them are quite far out the main centre. Spent NYE there 2 years ago and it was horrible. Local girls don't mind meeting and possibly hooking up with you if you're not a blatant sex tourist so try and distance yourself from that crowd as much as possible and don't act like a seedy whoremonger and you might get some action.

If you want a beach head to Nha Trang, I liked that place a lot. It's quite far from Saigon though, had to take an overnight bus.

Quote: (10-09-2011 04:18 AM)travolta Wrote:  

The best club I found in Saigon was called Lush. It's in District 1. Tuesday is ladies night there, and is really good (I was there in May). I met plenty of regular, attractive, non-prost. whores there.

Another really good club in Saigon is Gossip Club. I think there is normally a $15 cover and you need to be on the guest list, but this local girl brought me there so I was fine to get in. THAT is where the hot girls go out at night in Saigon.

Apocalypse now was a bunch of foreigners and prostitutes.. fuck that place.

I had a good time in Saigon, I'd check it out if you have time. Best food in Vietnam

Yeah Lush is pretty awesome on Tuesday nights. Good place to pick up expat chicks. Some of the Vietnamese chicks there were non-pro but on the top floor I felt like the chicks were whores, but sorta under cover about it. Crazy place.

Ditto though about Vietnam generally being a tough place to meet non-pro chicks. It's not that acceptable for a non-whore to go with foreigners and generally when girls go out they are in grouips with guys.

Use couchsurfing and you'll find non pro local girls willing to hook up with the whiteman.