rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Academics Attacked by Leftists Thread

We have specific threads about academics attacked for their views (e.g. Jordan B Peterson), but a general thread about academics (or even students) attacked on campus, having their employment targeted or being fired/expelled for their views is in order.

I prefer red pill shitlords or those who really tried to buck leftist talking points over an extended period of time, yet there's no reason not to include leftists being pulled down by their own kind.

Rick Mehta:

http://archive.is/BOFxq

Quote:Quote:

Acadia University has fired tenured professor Rick Mehta, a move that comes months after a formal investigation was launched into complaints over controversial comments he made on social media and in the classroom.

Mehta said in an interview he is disappointed by the university's decision to fire him on Aug. 31, and he has filed for arbitration and wants his job back.

"By the collective agreement they do have to say that it's just cause, but I guess I would disagree with that," said Mehta, who did not offer further details on his dismissal.

The university confirmed Mehta was let go, but Acadia spokesperson Scott Roberts refused to comment on what led to the firing and said it was a "personnel matter."

The associate professor of psychology has been outspoken on a range of contentious issues. He has come under fire for saying multiculturalism is a scam, there's no wage gap between men and women, and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission has created a victim narrative.

Michael Rectenwald:

https://nypost.com/2018/01/13/deplorable...efamation/

The politically incorrect NYU professor accused of “incivility” by liberal colleagues and put on leave is now suing the college and four fellow profs for calling him everything from a drug addict to Satan.

The “malicious” statements appeared in an email thread that blasted out over five days in May from school accounts to more than 100 university staffers, claims a defamation lawsuit filed Friday by professor Michael Rectenwald.

He blames NYU for doing nothing to stop the “nasty screed,” according to papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court.

Rectenwald, 58, told The Post that the 20 “hateful” emails turned his once-pleasant academic life into a nightmare and might torpedo his career.

“I’ve been universally shunned by the entire department,” the liberal-studies professor said. “In academia, to be called a ‘racist’ and a ‘sexist’ is like the kiss of death.”

Gad Saad:

Quote:[/url]

David Pakman (a hypocrite and leftist but a deranged SJW went after him for pointing out that boycotting white men in 2020 is racist and sexist):

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/dpakman/status/1075769725320216583]

Born Down Under, but I enjoy Slovakian Thunder: http://slovakia.travel/en/nove-zamky

Gad Saad, whatever flaws he may have, definitely gets honorary leftist shitlord status:

Quote:[/url]

He's just been on with Joe Rogan:

Also a conversation he had with Geoffrey Miller, a fellow liberal who still spends much of his time backhanding SJWs:

[url=https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/05/140501132636.htm]https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...132636.htm

Born Down Under, but I enjoy Slovakian Thunder: http://slovakia.travel/en/nove-zamky

Students petition Northwestern to ban a visiting scholar whose work attempts to link intelligence and beauty to race

Alan Perez, Campus Editor
December 12, 2018

Students are calling for the dismissal of a controversial visiting scholar whose views on race has sparked concern among students and faculty in the psychology department.

More than 1,400 people have signed a petition as of Wednesday morning urging the psychology department to reverse its earlier decision granting Satoshi Kanazawa’s request to conduct research at Northwestern while on his year-long sabbatical from The London School of Economics and Political Science. Petitioners say his views “promote racism, sexism and xenophobia,” and are asking that the department revamp its screening process for visiting scholars.

“Kanazawa’s misogynoir nonsense should not be tolerated on Northwestern’s campus, a campus that prides itself with its commitment to support a diverse and inclusive campus community,” the petition reads. “Kanazawa’s fraud research and studies reflects modern eugenics, and Northwestern should be ashamed of approving his application to conduct research in Evanston.”

The psychology department’s chair, Prof. Richard Zinbarg, said in an interview last month that he would consider Kanazawa’s removal if he contributes to the “creation of a hostile work environment.” His presence has made faculty uneasy, prompting a department vote to denounce his research on race and an apology from Zinbarg for approving Kanazawa’s request.

Word of Kanazawa’s visit to Northwestern has slowly spread among students this fall, but is only now gaining more public attention. Students shared the petition on social media and criticized some of his research as racist, work that includes a blog titled “Why Are Black Women Less Physically Attractive Than Other Women?” for Psychology Today, which was later deleted.

While his work on race — including a 2012 study that attempted to explain an apparent race difference in intelligence — has garnered pushback, he has also authored controversial work on gender and religion, with articles titled “Are All Women Essentially Prostitutes?” and “What’s Wrong with Muslims?”

Kanazawa did not respond to request for comment Wednesday morning.

Responding to his critics online, Kanazawa tells people to “prepare to be offended.”
“If what I say is wrong (because it is illogical or lacks credible scientific evidence), then it is my problem,” he wrote on his LSE webpage. “I do science as if the truth mattered and your feelings about it didn’t.”

Provost Jonathan Holloway said he was concerned when he learned of Kanazawa’s presence on campus, but supports the change in rules for vetting visiting professors the Psychology Department made.

“Due to the open nature of a comprehensive research university there will be occasions when offensive ideas emerge and when people advance arguments that run afoul of well-established, peer-reviewed research findings,” Holloway said. “When such moments arise the first thing that must be done is to remind the community of the university’s commitment to do and be better.”

Email: [email protected]
Twitter: @_perezalan

I've read two of this guys books and used to read his blog over at Psychology Today before they fired him for reasons stated above. Brilliant dude, reminds me of a mildly autistic (and I mean that in the best sense) version of Gad Saad. Highly recommended.

It’s getting a lot worse, yet it’s a welcome sign that this younger academic has given the establishment the proverbial up yours.

“Pseudoscience” lol. Say the same people who don’t blink an eye at - and fund - papers supporting the idea of “rape culture”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyma...tings.html

A Cambridge don who was sacked after being accused of publishing 'racist pseudoscience' says he lost his fellowship for questioning 'left-wing sacred values'.

Social scientist Noah Carl was let go from a fellowship at St Edmund's College last week, on the grounds that he allegedly collaborated with people who hold 'extremist views'.

His writings discussed genetics and IQ, as well as linking artistic tastes and opinions on Brexit to the decline of the humble British pub.

It was his writings linking IQ and genetics however, that prompted 586 academics to sign a letter to the prestigious institution, accusing him of 'racist pseudoscience'.

At a talk yesterday in Oxford he defended his stance and classed himself as a 'victim' after stating that studies he had uncovered from the 1960s and 2015 had a number of adverse effects on campus.

Setting out evidence on over-representation of left-wing views in British academia he said: 'Four studies found that in 1960 about a third of academics supported Conservatives and 45 per cent Labour. By 2015, 11 per cent supported the Conservatives and about 70 per cent Labour.

Prior to his talk on free speech in Oxford yesterday, he posted a blog defending his work, where he said that exploring a possible link between genes and intelligence was 'a perfectly defensible scientific position'.

He said: 'It may turn out that genes make zero contribution, or it may turn out that they make a contribution greater than zero. Deciding in advance that they make zero contribution is not science. It is proof by assertion.'

Mr Carl had been one of several speakers at the event who had been threatened with 'no platforming', lost jobs, or had invitations revoked due to views on issues ranging from free speech, race and gender, The Times reported.

In 2016 he wrote a paper in which he claimed that 'the higher the percentage of Muslims in the population, the greater the share of citizens susceptible to Islamist radicalisation'.