rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ricky Jay - R.I.P. 1946-2018

Ricky Jay – magician, sleight-of-hand artist extraordinaire, actor, author, scholar of weirdness and oddities, Guinness award winner for throwing playing cards – passed away on November 24th at age 72.

Ricky Jay's life and legacy have been dutifully celebrated in the feature documentary Deceptive Practice, an enduring 1993 profile in The New Yorker, and lately by David Mamet's eulogy. The man indeed left a dent in the magic community.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

I still have a copy of "Cards as Weapons" on the shelf.

Quote: (12-04-2018 08:37 PM)chicane Wrote:  

I still have a copy of "Cards as Weapons" on the shelf.

If you like Ricky Jay, there is a long thread honoring his life at a magician's forum. A lot of clips of him performing, some unlisted on Youtube and only available by links from the thread.

https://forums.geniimagazine.com/viewtop...71#p349229

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Great tribute to him by an ex girlfriend, Tracy Newman (sister of Laraine Newman of SNL) with some more video clips.

[Image: me%2Band%2Bricky%2Bjay.jpeg]

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2018/11/a-...y-jay.html

Quote:Quote:

Even though I had hung out at the Improv in New York in the mid-60s where many great comics were honing their acts, and was a founding member of the LA improv group, The Groundlings and had seen many brilliant performers, I had never seen anyone like Ricky Jay. The wit, the relaxed manner, the charm, the confidence and the ability to amaze! The Amazing Ricky Jay is what we all called him. He was and still remains the best overall performer I've ever seen. When you see Ricky Jay live, you’re sitting on the edge of your seat through the whole show!

A lot of people are talking about him in the media. I didn't realize so many people loved and admired him. RIP

[Image: blog_kirsten_rj1.jpg]

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

I remember this guy from the show Deadwood (loved that show) and the movie Heist. Good actor.