rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NYC Daygamers: Stay For Winter Or Leave?

Hey all,

I am a new NYC daygamer. Loving it here and have had a lot of success the last few months. The cold has just set in though, and friends tell me that winter in NYC can be brutal.

I am thinking about leaving NYC for the winter and coming back in the Spring, because I daygame exclusively.

Does anyone daygame in the winter, or is it simply impossible?
Are you a NYC daygamer, and do you leave for winter?

Do you like dealing with cold weather and snow until April?

Make our guns illegal and we'll call them "undocumented"

How would you be able to leave your city for an entire 3+ months? Do you work remotely? Would you be able to afford an Airbnb or hotel for that long or do you have a buddy who you could crash with for a while?

It’s definitely anything but impossible to daygame in NYC in the winter. It could be 0 degrees and there still will be plenty of foot traffic, as women go to work, grab groceries, run errands. Union Square, 34th Street, 42nd Street, and 59th Street are always packed.

Try it this winter and see. I actually like winter in NYC, it's extra charming with Christmas decorations everywhere and the weird summer smells suppressed. Single girls will be especially self-conscious about being lonely, especially the "it's my first Christmas in the city" types.

Compared to upstate or New England the weather is not even remotely "brutal", mostly just wet, and the streets will still be busy. Maybe get a cool pair of boots.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Stay and spend more time gaming in coffee shops (just take you laptop to one when you want to post on rfv next time), public transport, and malls. The cold weather tends to make girls go there in droves seeking the warmth and attention.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

Quote: (11-30-2018 04:43 PM)2 Cool 4 U Wrote:  

Do you like dealing with cold weather and snow until April?

No - that's why I'm curious if anyone else is able to pull it off. I am leaning towards leaving.

Quote: (11-30-2018 04:45 PM)GoingHAM20 Wrote:  

How would you be able to leave your city for an entire 3+ months? Do you work remotely? Would you be able to afford an Airbnb or hotel for that long or do you have a buddy who you could crash with for a while?

Yep, I work remotely.

Quote: (11-30-2018 05:06 PM)Jetset Wrote:  

Try it this winter and see. I actually like winter in NYC, it's extra charming with Christmas decorations everywhere and the weird summer smells suppressed. Single girls will be especially self-conscious about being lonely, especially the "it's my first Christmas in the city" types.

Compared to upstate or New England the weather is not even remotely "brutal", mostly just wet, and the streets will still be busy. Maybe get a cool pair of boots.

Cool - but do you day game in the winter? I get that it's more charming - just feels like a LTR situation and not for dudes on the prowl.

Quote: (11-30-2018 05:26 PM)Philosopher Wrote:  

Stay and spend more time gaming in coffee shops (just take you laptop to one when you want to post on rfv next time), public transport, and malls. The cold weather tends to make girls go there in droves seeking the warmth and attention.

So, indoor daygame only? This was what I feared.

Thanks all for the advice - crazy helpful.

I live in nyc and like to daygame. I hate winter. The big winter coats that many girls wear throw me off and make it tough to tell if they are fat or not.

Also, when it's that cold I'm just not as horny. Try to partner up with a girl in November/December for fucking the next couple of months. Because damn it all, I just want to get someplace warm and my mind is not really all that concerned about approaching.

Quote: (11-30-2018 05:58 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

I live in nyc and like to daygame. I hate winter. The big winter coats that many girls wear throw me off and make it tough to tell if they are fat or not.

Also, when it's that cold I'm just not as horny. Try to partner up with a girl in November/December for fucking the next couple of months. Because damn it all, I just want to get someplace warm and my mind is not really all that concerned about approaching.

This guy gets it.

So that's what I'm saying. I arrived in NYC at the end of summer, and women are just drop-dead gorgeous from 7am to 7pm. But over the last month or so, it's gotten real cold and they seem to have started disappearing (relative to August / September).

Everyone is telling me "it's cuffing season" and to "get a girlfriend" or "leave the city for weekends until April". But if I don't have to be here, it doesn't sound like it's the right move.

NYC is, by far, the best city I've ever seen for gaming. It's pretty amazing. But no one ever seems to mention the fact that the winter is significantly worse than spring/summer/fall. That's a huge caveat.

Quote:Quote:

Quote: (11-30-2018 05:26 PM)Philosopher Wrote:  

So, indoor daygame only? This was what I feared.

Thanks all for the advice - crazy helpful.

Yes, mostly indoor daygame as cute girls tend to walk fast in cold weather (as they don't dress warmly enough as they are in a hurry somewhere and will be less likely to stop and help you find a coffee/pet shop. However, there are some outdoor options as you can go to German style Christmas fairs where there is mulled wine being served in the street or an ice skating ring as girls will be more relaxed and approachable. One type of winter day game I developed was ice skating game. Where I find a girl who sucks at ice skating and take her hand to help her out) Kind of like gym game where you become the instructor and drop "where I come from..." bait or "my students recommended this rink," etc

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

Cool, so it looks like the move is to bail for the winter.

Thanks all!

Yep leave for Thailand

Cold weather is a hit to day game for some of the reasons a few posters in this thread have mentioned. Coffee shops are a good way to do work and get out the apartment, but the turnover of girls is really low. OP is doing the right thing I think by leaving since he's purely during day game.

Where is OP headed to? Even despite the cold, the only North American city I would take over NYC for daygame in the winter is Miami.

Quote: (12-01-2018 04:14 PM)GoingHAM20 Wrote:  

Where is OP headed to? Even despite the cold, the only North American city I would take over NYC for daygame in the winter is Miami.

Daygame in the winter...in NYC...when you have a choice to be somewhere else...

[Image: c1583039c9e689c5dc6cb13e494981c9.gif]

Quote: (12-01-2018 04:21 PM)lunchmoney Wrote:  

Have you been to NYC in the winter? NYC, at its coldest, still has better foot traffic than virtually anywhere else at its hottest.

Remember, OP said he’s into daygame. BTW, side note, but thank God there are still dudes out there who actually take action and approach.

Yes, NYC still has high foot traffic - but its lower than it was in the Summer and Fall, as others have mentioned, most everyone is in a rush to not be outside - myself included! My goal each session is 10 approaches in 2 hours. I usually only end up with 5-8 every 2 hours, but that's the goal. But in the winter I've only been able to get in 2-3 every 2 hours, so it's definitely a factor.

I'm still a bit too much of a pussy to run daygame indoors in malls and in quiet coffee shops. I prefer being out in the elements.

Summer and Fall was just never-ending hordes of world-class smokeshows walking around all over the place. Just in the last month it has slowed significantly - probably still better than anywhere within 1,000 miles, but as I mentioned, I can go anywhere and I'm not tied to the city.

Was trying to confirm my bias here that I should leave, and that has been confirmed. But I will be back in the Spring for sure.

Quote: (12-02-2018 11:38 AM)sharksfanguy88 Wrote:  

Yes, NYC still has high foot traffic - but its lower than it was in the Summer and Fall, as others have mentioned, most everyone is in a rush to not be outside - myself included! My goal each session is 10 approaches in 2 hours. I usually only end up with 5-8 every 2 hours, but that's the goal. But in the winter I've only been able to get in 2-3 every 2 hours, so it's definitely a factor.

I'm still a bit too much of a pussy to run daygame indoors in malls and in quiet coffee shops. I prefer being out in the elements.

Summer and Fall was just never-ending hordes of world-class smokeshows walking around all over the place. Just in the last month it has slowed significantly - probably still better than anywhere within 1,000 miles, but as I mentioned, I can go anywhere and I'm not tied to the city.

Was trying to confirm my bias here that I should leave, and that has been confirmed. But I will be back in the Spring for sure.

I feel ya on the mall/coffee shop part. Even despite being an avid daygamer, I hate being leered at by mall "cops" or approaching at coffee shops where everyone immediately turns and stares when you approach, since it's quiet and everyone is planted, as opposed to the streets, where everyone is on the go.

What cities are you considering?

Quote: (12-02-2018 06:12 PM)GoingHAM20 Wrote:  

I feel ya on the mall/coffee shop part. Even despite being an avid daygamer, I hate being leered at by mall "cops" or approaching at coffee shops where everyone immediately turns and stares when you approach, since it's quiet and everyone is planted, as opposed to the streets, where everyone is on the go.

LA & Honolulu

Quote: (12-02-2018 07:29 PM)sharksfanguy88 Wrote:  

LA & Honolulu

Might want to take a gander at this. As grim and melodramatic as this write-up on LA sounds, it’s sadly quite accurate:

http://www.rsdnation.com/node/1026993/forum

Quote: (12-02-2018 07:37 PM)GoingHAM20 Wrote:  

LA & Honolulu

Might want to take a gander at this. As grim and melodramatic as this write-up on LA sounds, it’s sadly quite accurate:

Yeah, saw that. I don't really buy it.

Quote: (12-02-2018 07:43 PM)sharksfanguy88 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-02-2018 07:37 PM)GoingHAM20 Wrote:  

LA & Honolulu

Yeah, saw that. I don't really buy it.

Might wanna take a vacation to LA prior to committing for a 3 month stay where it’s gonna be extremely expensive, not to mention you’ll need a car.

Im not in New York, but in Riga, which is fricking cold in winter. The daygame definitely deteriorates. I tried malls and university, but its a different feel, albeit possible. I should leave here as well, just being lazy. Coffee shops- no thanks. Usually you can do one approach for every coffeeshop you visit.

Quote: (12-01-2018 05:30 PM)GoingHAM20 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-01-2018 04:21 PM)lunchmoney Wrote:  

Have you been to NYC in the winter? NYC, at its coldest, still has better foot traffic than virtually anywhere else at its hottest.

Remember, OP said he’s into daygame. BTW, side note, but thank God there are still dudes out there who actually take action and approach.

I have. You can have NYC in the winter. I will gladly take it April-October when I need to visit.

Even in the winter, NYC is a great daygame place. Obviously, there are more opportunities in the spring/summer/fall, but you remember the women that live here have adapted to the weather patterns. No one shuts off their lives when it gets cold. If your daygame requires you to filter out girls based on skimpy outfits, then you're probably better off in Miami or Cali. The way I see it, is that generally speaking, people are more prone to being bored during the winter, so if you see a cute girl during the day and try to chat her up, she may be more receptive simply due to the fact that she wouldn't mind spontaneous excitement in an otherwise depressing climate.

Quote: (12-03-2018 09:51 AM)PakMan Wrote:  

Even in the winter, NYC is a great daygame place. Obviously, there are more opportunities in the spring/summer/fall, but you remember the women that live here have adapted to the weather patterns. No one shuts off their lives when it gets cold. If your daygame requires you to filter out girls based on skimpy outfits, then you're probably better off in Miami or Cali. The way I see it, is that generally speaking, people are more prone to being bored during the winter, so if you see a cute girl during the day and try to chat her up, she may be more receptive simply due to the fact that she wouldn't mind spontaneous excitement in an otherwise depressing climate.

This is what I believe, as well. I haven't tried daygame specifically, but from spending a lot of time on the street and associating with NYC women, I can't imagine this would be a bad time.

It's all a matter of lifestyle preference, though. If somebody just wants to get away from the winter weather, there's no arguing with that. Los Angeles, I don't have experience with, but the received wisdom from the forum is that it's toxic as hell as a game destination.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!