rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Alternative to Tinder for privacy

Was looking through this awesome thread about avoiding Goolag, Fuckerberg and SJW doxxers and even applied some of their suggestions to my online life
thread-53965...al+privacy

One thing I missed on it though, is alternatives to Tinder and other Dating apps
I'm going to travel soon and and don't want to miss the chance of gaming some sloots and getting some flags, but at the same time I'd rather avoid social media, or at least those who are openly against straight men like me

Is there a way for using online game without exposing your privacy? Suppose guys in this forum who are savvy in game and/or computering would know

No such thing as "online game". You be swiping just like all those other suckers.

Game is about going outside and actually approaching girls. You do this by talking to them using your mouth.

Only three ways to do something: "The right way. The wrong way. Or my way. Obviously my way is best."

I love these threads where people basically don't want to use online game and yet their brains can no longer make the next step that the answer is to put down the damn phone, go outside and talk to people.

Honestly, might go home and start a business treating "tech addiction", seems that society is just absolutely fucking cooked on that shit.

Honestly if you have an interesting life you should maintain an instagram and barebones facebook.

You're most likely not doing anything interesting enough for someone to dox you, and if you work a job where you're gonna get fired for your opinions then a new job is a good solution.

I talk about what I want to on my twitter (don't have anyone I know to avoid drama), I have a facebook account for family and people that want to reach out to me which I'll check every week or so, and my instagram for interacting with my friends and girls that I want to bang.

If I'm gonna get banned from some platform for just being me then so be it, but when you use social media in a limited range only for friends & showing value then you aren't gonna have any issues.

Plus, girls these days are so connected that it is a definite negative to not have a social media. Unless you have good game and can explain it well, you're losing SMV points in most girls eyes.

By the nature of online dating, your privacy is being infringed upon. You can obviously lie about your name, but your pictures have to be of you, otherwise she'll just up and leave when you decide to meet up. So, decide upon what is more important to you, privacy or a bunch of 5/10s on Tinder.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Quote: (11-27-2018 09:07 AM)The Golden God Wrote:  

Plus, girls these days are so connected that it is a definite negative to not have a social media. Unless you have good game and can explain it well, you're losing SMV points in most girls eyes.

SMV stands for Sexual Market Value.

Social media in itself does not display any qualities associated with SMV. Post a picture of your abs and it does. But then you could just lift your shirt in front of said girl. Or make her touch those abs. Or just walk around shirtless on a freaking beach. Which displays a whole lot more SMV than some picture of a beach.

Reason to not have social media: You have better things to do. Like living life instead of taking pictures of food. Or banging hot girls instead of taking pictures of yourself.

Only three ways to do something: "The right way. The wrong way. Or my way. Obviously my way is best."

Quote: (11-27-2018 09:25 AM)BadBoyGamer Wrote:  

SMV stands for Sexual Market Value.

Social media in itself does not display any qualities associated with SMV. Post a picture of your abs and it does. But then you could just lift your shirt in front of said girl. Or make her touch those abs. Or just walk around shirtless on a freaking beach. Which displays a whole lot more SMV than some picture of a beach.

Reason to not have social media: You have better things to do. Like living life instead of taking pictures of food. Or banging hot girls instead of taking pictures of yourself.

Very wrong...

Most people realize status is highly tied into SMV... do you really think that girls decide who they want to bang just based on attractiveness?

Status has been one of the most (if not THE MOST) important factors in mating selection throughout our evolution...

As far back as the days of neanderthals the men who got to pass on their genes the most were the ones who were physically superior with a wealth of social connections.

Even in bonobo groups (monkeys most similar to humans socially) the most sexually successful monkeys are the ones with the best social skills & connections.

Ignoring the fact that social status is highly affiliated with SMV is textbook trash pickup artistry meant to sell books. Same people that say "looks don't matter, it's all about the game".

Here are just a few ways that a decent instagram can improve SMV:
+ Pictures with attractive girls. (shows you are around attractive women)
+ Attractive girls commenting/interacting with your posts. (women are competing for you)
+ Pictures of interesting travels & hobbies. (gives a girl insights into your life & builds interest)

Thinking that women in this day and age don't care about social media... really?

Are you living under a rock?

Most girls these days live like wannabe social media influencers and they're cringing at the fact that you are socially invisible to them.

You are misunderstanding me. Or perhaps not.

Having a Facebook profile or whatever does not automagically give you high status. You actually have to display some form of status on it. For example a simple picture of abs. Not saying that abs mean anything, but it is better than showing a picture of a plate of food.

Quote:Quote:

do you really think that girls decide who they want to bang just based on attractiveness?

Depends on what you mean by "attractiveness". I just used abs as a simple to understand example. I guess it was still too complicated.

Thinking that women in this day and age don't care about social media... really?
Are you living under a rock?

No they do not. Not one little bit. Perhaps she will care when you only "talk" to her online, but I do not. I talk to girls in real life by using my actual mouth.

Most girls these days live like wannabe social media influencers and they're cringing at the fact that you are socially invisible to them.

Girls crave real contact with real people. Guys who spend their time on Facebook are the ones who are invisible. Just little pixels on a screen.

Look, I'm not going to argue about the importance of social proof with a guy who is in the delusional camp of "game trumps everything". [Image: tard.gif]

Let's use our common sense here.

I'm a college aged guy and I have a large social circle. My age and lifestyle give me lots of opportunities to meet girls in a pretty balanced mix of day game, night game and supplemental online game.

Every girl in recent memory that I have progressed past a first date/ONS and gotten to know has an active presence on social media (posts 1/week and regularly uses).

Just about every one of them asked me for my instagram & snapchat username at the least.

I have just now recently gotten back into posting (thanks Corsega for your great guide on instagram game).

I spend maybe 2 hours total on social media weekly, most of it being twitter & instagram.

I live an interesting lifestyle that gives me plenty of chances to post high value posts.
- Pictures with my friends at parties & events.
- Pictures from training MMA, BJJ and weightlifting.
- Videos of my guitar playing & singing.
- Pictures of different wines, food and interesting scenery on my travels.

When new prospects look at my page, they see the interesting parts of my life and they want to know more about me.

Girls that I've been with in the past see my updates and message me looking to catch up.

Easy to do, low investment and high returns.

What's so hard to understand about that?

My instagram is essentially my display case.

Look, I'm not going to argue about the importance of social proof with a guy who is in the delusional camp of "game trumps everything".

Where did I say social proof is not important?

I say Facebook and social media is not important.

Two completly different things.

When new prospects look at my page, they see the interesting parts of my life and they want to know more about me.

Great that it works for you. I never said it cannot work. I do say it is not needed. There are other ways to display value.

True that it's not needed.

Just the way good looks are "not needed".

Or grooming and fashion is "not needed".

For less than 15 minutes of work a day I reap all the benefits of having an attractive instagram profile for girls to look at.

I look at it this way...

Hypothetically you and I have the same looks, same approach and interaction with the same girl and get a number with the stated intent of setting up a date. The only thing different is I maintain an instagram account that shows interesting things in my life.

She may have a little bit of apprehension toward going on a date with a guy she only knows from 30 minutes of conversation.

When she goes to look up my name (yes... girls ALWAYS do this) on instagram, she sees I am congruent with what I was talking to her about.

She may even learn a few things that raise her interest, like how I went to St. Martin last summer around the same time she did.

Just like having a friend in a girls social circle that can talk you up helps you out, instagram helps you out by showing a girl the good sides of you without you having to take the effort to show her yourself (trying to impress her v. her organically gaining interest).

Let me also add that I'm not advocating being a social media junkie.

Facebook has become useless as all it is now is people sharing memes and political propaganda.

Twitter is only good for news and entertainment.

Instagram, however is the sweet spot I have found.

Posts are lightweight with just a picture and small caption, girls are most active on instagram AND it is by far the least politicized platform. Along with the option to make a private account, I think these factors place instagram far above other social media avenues and I think it's the only one worth putting effort into building (for personal purposes).

Thanks for the attention

I'm travelling to Europe for reasons other than game with no good wingman prospects. I know face to face is a better option, it has always been that way with me, but I'm staying a week tops in each city, so it limits my range a little bit
Honestly I thought there would be an semi-anonymous app even if the quality was worse but I'm disappointed

The way I see it my options are:
-Day Game at tourist traps, definitely considering that
-Night game solo, but it's not something very attractive to me, usually I roll with at least 2 other guys
-Going back to social media for Online game, maybe I can rely on the exotic factor? Not sure if the rapefugee crisis would have an effect

Also as a bonus I'll probably take the advice of taking cool looking pictures in cool places, but the results would only come way after going back.
Maybe even meet a member, who knows..

Quote: (11-27-2018 12:53 PM)TutorGuina Wrote:  

Honestly I thought there would be an semi-anonymous app even if the quality was worse but I'm disappointed

You misunderstand the market.

You (and very other few people) are the only ones that care about privacy.

The market caters to convenience. You can either follow it, or opt out entirely (and reduce your changes of getting laid by a very, very large amount).

The Golden God: Are you saying that if James Bond ran game on some random high status girl, he’d get blown out because he doesnt have social media?

The way I see it, people who use social media to get laid are weak to begin with because they’re doing something they don’t like in order to get laid. One should have the confidence and game to get with a girl without ANY status or social media. You as a person should convey status, not other people’s opinion of you, including scumbags like Mark Zuckerberg.

Using social media to get laid is supplanting, beta behavior, IMO.

Girl: You seem pretty cool, so do you have an insta?

Loser response - Yea! Here it is, check me out and evaluate me like a fucking commodity to be denied or accepted because I totally desire your approval so I can get my dick wet.

Weak.

Quote: (11-27-2018 03:20 PM)tugofpeace Wrote:  

The Golden God: Are you saying that if James Bond ran game on some random high status girl, he’d get blown out because he doesnt have social media?

Off topic, but I really have to call this out:

Last I checked, none of us is James Bond.

But having 12K Instagram followers gets me more than a few wide eyes from girls I IG close, so there ya go. Guess I'm a supplicating beta.

The way I see it, people who use social media to get laid are weak to begin with because they’re doing something they don’t like in order to get laid. One should have the confidence and game to get with a girl without ANY status or social media. You as a person should convey status, not other people’s opinion of you, including scumbags like Mark Zuckerberg.

Using social media to get laid is supplanting, beta behavior, IMO.

Girl: You seem pretty cool, so do you have an insta?

Loser response - Yea! Here it is, check me out and evaluate me like a fucking commodity to be denied or accepted because I totally desire your approval so I can get my dick wet.

Weak.

I swear some of you guys just write on here while jacking it about your "alpha mindset" with no experience at all to back up what you're saying.

Explains the username.

Really though, how many of you are meeting attractive 7+ girls in the 18-30 range who are NOT social media addicts?

It has nothing to do with supplicating to beta behavior, it is about being as "cat friendly" as possible.

If a girl isn't around you at all outside of the short amount of time it took you to approach her, she knows nothing about you.

Sure you can tell her about your travels, your dog that you take for runs and the amazing restaurant you and your friends went to last month, but pictures tell WAY more than words can and you should be using that to your advantage.

Plus, I think anyone familiar with basic psychology will agree that there is a subconscious frame of her chasing you when she is taking time out of her day to stalk you on instagram. Her finding interesting things and seeing you with other attractive women on her own is far better than you telling her these things from your own mouth.

Seems to me the ones concerned about what other people think of you are the guys advocating for no social media use.

I don't place my value on how many likes or followers I have, the only reason I use any social media is to either share things I like (that just so happen to show value) or to see what people I like are doing.

Avoiding something that is guaranteed to better your results is just plain retarded. You either adapt to the current state of affairs or get left behind.

Do you also avoid cleaning your bathroom and tidying up before a girl comes over because you think it's beta to do things to impress girls?

Quote: (11-27-2018 04:06 PM)corsega Wrote:  

Off topic, but I really have to call this out:

Last I checked, none of us is James Bond.

But having 12K Instagram followers gets me more than a few wide eyes from girls I IG close, so there ya go. Guess I'm a supplicating beta.

James Bond's persona is not particularly difficult to achieve in real life. And when I say that, what I mean is that he is only moderately muscular, he is lean, has a good haircut, and tailors his clothes. The only difference between him and most men is that he doesn't show supplanting behavior towards women, and he's stoic. You don't need to wear expensive clothes or have the confidence that comes from being a very good assassin to be good with women like he is.

I swear some of you guys just write on here while jacking it about your "alpha mindset" with no experience at all to back up what you're saying.

Explains the username.

Really though, how many of you are meeting attractive 7+ girls in the 18-30 range who are NOT social media addicts?

It has nothing to do with supplicating to beta behavior, it is about being as "cat friendly" as possible.

If a girl isn't around you at all outside of the short amount of time it took you to approach her, she knows nothing about you.

Sure you can tell her about your travels, your dog that you take for runs and the amazing restaurant you and your friends went to last month, but pictures tell WAY more than words can and you should be using that to your advantage.

Plus, I think anyone familiar with basic psychology will agree that there is a subconscious frame of her chasing you when she is taking time out of her day to stalk you on instagram. Her finding interesting things and seeing you with other attractive women on her own is far better than you telling her these things from your own mouth.

Seems to me the ones concerned about what other people think of you are the guys advocating for no social media use.

I don't place my value on how many likes or followers I have, the only reason I use any social media is to either share things I like (that just so happen to show value) or to see what people I like are doing.

Avoiding something that is guaranteed to better your results is just plain retarded. You either adapt to the current state of affairs or get left behind.

Do you also avoid cleaning your bathroom and tidying up before a girl comes over because you think it's beta to do things to impress girls?

Funny, you resort to ad hominem attacks when you have nothing of substance to add to a discussion. As if my username means anything, as if you know anything about me as a person. I didn't mention "alpha" once in my post which shows me that you seemingly know very little. Being self respecting or high value doesn't' inherently mean you're an alpha male.

The difference between me and you, is that I clean my bathroom for ME, because I'm a clean person. I work out and maintain a shredded physique for ME, because I love doing it. I travel and have lots of friends, because I enjoy it. I have many interesting hobbies because I enjoy it. I make good money to support ME. Everything in life that I do, I do for ME. If a woman happens to come along for that ride, then so be it. This is why getting high quality women for me is a fucking joke, because I show ZERO supplanting behavior, I demonstrate that I need ZERO of her approval, and I literally give ZERO fucks about whether or not she likes me.

Women pick up on this mindset IMMEDIATELY. It shows in the muscles of your face, your tone of voice, your eye contact (intensity + duration), your posture, your gestures, etc.

As far as your social media - you're basically saying that as a man, you're not adequate enough in person, so you have to hope that a girl glosses over your Instagram while she's talking a dump in hopes that she might return your text asking her to hang out.

Your entire post reeks of desperation.

Women ask me if I have an insta and I flat out say no. They don't ask why, they don't really say anything, and it hasn't hurt me one bit.

Quote: (11-27-2018 05:11 PM)tugofpeace Wrote:  

The difference between me and you, is that I clean my bathroom for ME, because I'm a clean person. I work out and maintain a shredded physique for ME, because I love doing it. I travel and have lots of friends, because I enjoy it. I have many interesting hobbies because I enjoy it. I make good money to support ME. Everything in life that I do, I do for ME. If a woman happens to come along for that ride, then so be it. This is why getting high quality women for me is a fucking joke, because I show ZERO supplanting behavior, I demonstrate that I need ZERO of her approval, and I literally give ZERO fucks about whether or not she likes me.

Read any basic evolutionary biology textbook and you'll soon realize why nothing you do is for you.

It's for sex.

It's for validation among your tribe.

It's for the proliferation of your genes.

If you prefer more casual reading, check out The Red Queen or Sperm Wars.

Quote: (11-27-2018 07:08 PM)corsega Wrote:  

Read any basic evolutionary biology textbook and you'll soon realize why nothing you do is for you.

It's for sex.

Totally agree. What I really hate the most when ppl say I lift weights to improve my health .

There are literally hundreds of other ways to improve the health. Out of all of them, you chose weight lifting because it will get you some pussies

Tugger, I think you should read a dictionary, for YOU of course, not so you can attract girls...

Supplanting doesn’t mean what you think it does.

I think the word you are looking for is “supplicating”

Anyways...

I do clean my house and go to the gym with a conscious drive to fuck girls, you’re right. When I first started lifting in high school my motivation was to get more girls. I’m not some homo that loves cleaning and shopping for clothes but those are things I do because I realize the importance.

When I want something I do my research and I aim to be as good at it as possible. Sports, school, career, no matter what it is I’m gonna find the best way to do things and work hard at it.

And when I say it sounds like you have no experience... it’s because I really don’t think you know what you’re talking about.

Any guy dealing with young, attractive girls will agree with what I’m saying here. Again, I’m college aged and I deal with the 18-23 age range all the time. If you’re competing with other men in their age range for them, they already have an advantage on first take when a girl can look them up and see a well built page that shows additional value on top of what was displayed in person.

It’s the way things are now... nothing desperate or beta about it.

Looking forward to reading your thread on “James Bond game” since that seems to be cornerstone advice for you.

Quote: (11-27-2018 07:08 PM)corsega Wrote:  

It's for sex.

Nothing I do is for me? Let me get this straight:

If it weren't for women, you're saying I wouldn't wipe my ass, I wouldn't do the dishes, wouldn't bother with laundry, wouldn't bother taking out the trash, etc? I'd live in a pile of shit in a cardboard box? Speak for yourself. I actually have self value and self respect and am disgusted at the thought of being unclean.

If it weren't for women, I cannot possibly actually enjoy cooking good food for myself, eating healthy so I live a good life, and exercising because I like what I see in the mirror and pushing my limits?

If it weren't for women, I can't have a desire to earn money for myself to allow myself to travel, buy nice things for myself, and provide for myself? To take care of my parents/siblings if they're in need?

Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

Totally agree. What I really hate the most when ppl say I lift weights to improve my health .

There are literally hundreds of other ways to improve the health. Out of all of them, you chose weight lifting because it will get you some pussies

Lifting literally means nothing to women. Sure, you have your niches that like really big men, bodybuilderesque, but all that really matters is your bodyfat percentage. They do not give a FUCK. I've been weighing my food and lifting for over 12 years now, more than a third of my life. You really think I'd put myself through all that for a chance at pussy? LOL. I've been getting laid since I was 14. I didn't even touch a weight until I was 18, and didn't even look respectable until I was 23. The only thing lifting got me was slightly less time to get a girl to fuck, and more respect from dudes both in my social circle and in business.

Tugger, I think you should read a dictionary, for YOU of course, not so you can attract girls...

Supplanting doesn’t mean what you think it does.

I think the word you are looking for is “supplicating”

Anyways...

I do clean my house and go to the gym with a conscious drive to fuck girls, you’re right. When I first started lifting in high school my motivation was to get more girls. I’m not some homo that loves cleaning and shopping for clothes but those are things I do because I realize the importance.

When I want something I do my research and I aim to be as good at it as possible. Sports, school, career, no matter what it is I’m gonna find the best way to do things and work hard at it.

And when I say it sounds like you have no experience... it’s because I really don’t think you know what you’re talking about.

Any guy dealing with young, attractive girls will agree with what I’m saying here. Again, I’m college aged and I deal with the 18-23 age range all the time. If you’re competing with other men in their age range for them, they already have an advantage on first take when a girl can look them up and see a well built page that shows additional value on top of what was displayed in person.

It’s the way things are now... nothing desperate or beta about it.

Looking forward to reading your thread on “James Bond game” since that seems to be cornerstone advice for you.

You got me there on the grammar, kudos.

James Bond game? All I said was that he's not a difficult persona to replicate in the dating world. Never claimed that was my style.

Remember when I was a college freshman in '04 and the girl sitting next to me (7) asked me to show my photo albums on my laptop. When I answered that I don't take pictures-she just walked away.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

James Bond's persona is not particularly difficult to achieve in real life.

James Bond is a fictional character. And within this fiction he is a highly trained spy who has support of a powerful intelligence agency. He killed hundreds of people without blinking an eye. And he can fly helicopters and fighter jets.

And somehow guys think he can be used as a template for being an attractive man.

Just ridiculous.

Quote: (12-01-2018 06:04 AM)BadBoyGamer Wrote:  

James Bond's persona is not particularly difficult to achieve in real life.

James Bond is a fictional character. And within this fiction he is a highly trained spy who has support of a powerful intelligence agency. He killed hundreds of people without blinking an eye. And he can fly helicopters and fighter jets.

And somehow guys think he can be used as a template for being an attractive man.

Just ridiculous.

Maybe some guys think that way, but I'm not at all referring to his job.. just his demeanor and looks. He's calm, collected, stoic, confident, and bold. Those aren't qualities that you can only get by having his job.. he could have all those qualities and be an accountant and still have the same effect. It's not like he tells women he's killed tons of guys or that he's a good fighter.