rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Shooting in Birmingham Alabama mall and opinion on law enforcement

Before I say this I would like to include: I support the Police almost 100%, especially in Birmingham because of the high crime rate. I lost multiple friends to gunfire and the police were the ones to bring the killers to justice. I'm also a full supporter of gun rights as like I said, Birmingham is a dangerous place so you have to be safe.

However
http://www.wbrc.com/2018/11/23/security-...WKEMvg9q4w

Basically
Quote:Quote:

Hoover police say the 21-year-old shooting suspect Thursday night that was shot and killed at Riverchase Galleria “likely did not fire the rounds” that injured an 18-year-old victim.

Hoover police say investigators believe that more than two individuals were involved in the initial altercation, including the initial suspect, 21-year-old Emantic Fitzgerald Bradford Jr. of Hueytown. This new information indicates at least one gunman still at-large who could be responsible for the shooting.

Police says Bradford was fleeing the scene while brandishing a handgun, was engaged, shot and killed by a uniformed Hoover police officer. This new information comes after Jefferson County’s Sheriff’s Office investigators and crime scene technicians interviewed numerous individuals and examined several critical evidence.

Hoover police say the shooting occurred around 9:30 p.m. and was a result of a physical altercation involving two adults near Footaction. Bradford was pronounced dead at the scene at 10:11 p.m.

The gunman shot an 18-year-old male twice. A 12-year-old female was struck, though it is unclear when it occurred.

Ej was a childhood friend of mines whom I saw and talked to maybe 3-4 weeks ago. He was in the army and wasn't known for any crazy actions, stupid childish actions but definitely not harmful or crazy actions. The other guy brian, that got shot was also a childhood friend and I even grew to coach him in basketball. Seems the 2 got into a fight with another group and the other group shot Brian. EJ ran away while having his gun out and was shot and killed by the police.

I'm conflicted about the event as I support the police, but I feel this event could have been handled differently. I also completely understand that in the moment even with intense training things go wrong and you have to act in the moment as calmly a possible.

All day the news reported that EJ was the shooter and his name was almost tarnished to the point where I even viewed him differently.

I didn't want to make a post but I wanted to see the forum members opinion not only on this but on police training, brutality (although I wouldn't view this as police brutality), and on law enforcement in general.

Sorry if there is a post out there like this already, Its a rough day.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

There was also recently a case of a black security guard that brought down a black shooter and had him prone with a gun to his head, but the police arrived and having simply been tasked to find a black shooter they shot the security guard dead.

I can't see why either your friend's death or the security guard's death would be racially motivated but I think that American cops need to demand better protective gear that allows them to enter these situations with less of a necessity to blast the first thing that moves in case their hesitation allows a lucky shot to punch their ticket for good.

In most cases a concealed carrier that's armed themselves in response to a threat is going to hear "police" then turn towards the police while they still have the gun in their hand. Bang. They get killed.

Since the vast majority of these situations involve pistols and not rifles, if the police had access to a ballistic glass shield then they could give someone the benefit of the doubt until they actually raised their gun to fire.

[Image: police_with_small_shield.jpg]

These things are obviously not a force field of invulnerability but they can buy a second of good grace that can allow the person holding the gun to realize what's going on and drop the bloody thing. They would also give the officer the ability to take greater care in their aim, lowering the chances of a bystander being hit. Hell, they'd even save on lawsuits because the police shootings would be far more cut and dried.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

^^^ See the cop car already got bulletproof windows. At least the Honolulu police got laminate on their windows.

Thus here's my theory:

Start making much more use of the loudspeaker. When the cop gets outta the car it creates a standoffish situation. Plus, they could take a more "Do not fire unless fired upon" approach. This would, of course, eliminate situations like the one above where the white cop rolls up and shoots the first minority he sees.

You could get more creative and put a remote-controlled gun on top of the car. Have it shoot paintballs and pepper balls and some people. It could taze sons of bitches too. Then as technology increases, you could just have the rooftop thing work like the phalanx ciws and do all that shit automatically. You'd never get into a quick-draw gun battle.

So what if being out of the car gives you an extra second or two to chase somebody that tries to run. Shoot em with the paintballs. Put some gps tracking shit in the paint, or that thermal target marking stuff. Run em down with the helicopter.

It sounds a little robocoppy, but the technology is there. Unfortunately we won't have as many cop shooting arguments on this forum. But I just solved the police shooting problem.

Aloha!