rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

JD.com CEO Richard Liu was arrested on suspicion of rape

Anyone following this story?

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/05/technol...index.html

[Image: Liu-Qiangdong-aka-Richard-Liu_660.jpg]

Richard Liu, the billionaire founder and CEO of Chinese tech company JD.com, was arrested last week following a rape allegation, Minnesota police said Tuesday.
The report released by the Minneapolis Police Department sheds more light on Liu's arrest on Friday, which catapulted the chief of China's second largest e-commerce company into headlines around the world.

Police had previously said that Liu, 45, was arrested on suspicion of sexual misconduct, but didn't provide further information. According to the report released Tuesday, he was arrested on suspicion of rape, highlighting the seriousness of the allegation against him.

Liu, who denies any wrongdoing, was released Saturday without charge and without having to post bail. He has since returned to China, where he attended a JD.com (JD) event in Beijing on Monday.

In response to the news that Liu was arrested on suspicion of rape, one of his attorneys, Joseph Friedberg, told CNN on Tuesday that his client hasn't been charged with any crime, wasn't required to post bail and didn't have to surrender his passport.

JD.com has said previously that Liu was falsely accused. In response to a request for comment Wednesday, the company referred back to its statement from Monday that noted that Liu had returned to China after being released without any charges and without requirement for bail.

Minneapolis police spokesman John Elder told CNN on Tuesday that the investigation is continuing. The police report, parts of which are redacted, says that Liu was arrested without a warrant by a police officer wearing a body camera.

Richard Liu was arrested on Friday in Minneapolis and released without charge on Saturday.

Liu was in Minneapolis for a residency as part of a doctorate program in business administration at the University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management. Other than confirming Liu's participation in the program, the university has declined to comment further.

The program is for "top-level executives" working full-time in China. The current participants have worked for about 20 years and have an average age of 50, according to the university's website.

JD.com is China's second-largest online shopping site after Alibaba (BABA). It has been listed on the Nasdaq since 2014 and is worth more than $40 billion.

JD's shares fell 6% on Tuesday, their first day of trading since news of Liu's arrest emerged.

Liu started building his business about 20 years ago. JD's site sells everything from appliances and clothing to groceries and has a sprawling logistics network for quick delivery.

Major investors include Walmart (WMT), which owns a 10% stake, and Chinese tech giant Tencent (TCEHY), which holds 18%, according JD's latest annual report.

The business has made a fortune for Liu, who has an estimated net worth of around $7 billion, according to Bloomberg.

He owns nearly 16% of the company's shares and controls just under 80% of its voting rights, giving him huge sway over key decisions.

--------

TL;DR: Guy's 45 and worth $6B running the second largest online retailer in China. He's in US for a studies at Carlson School of Business. Few weeks ago, throws a party at the restaurant, gets everyone drunk including the 21 year old Chinese student. Then takes her to her apartment in his car, then bangs her at her apartment. The girl then accuses Richard of rape.

Richard is arrested, but then released and he quickly flies back to China.

Prosecutors are now deciding whether to file charges.

More: http://www.startribune.com/reuters-chine...494130611/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-jd-co...SKCN1M40EQ

I thought there was a post count requirement to make new threads.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

^^^

I think it only applies to new members who joined after 8/24/2018, the day of the forum rules update.
OP has the grandfather clause since their join date was March 2018.

This is why one must be careful with those drunk & hot girls. It's better not to engage these days since the "retroactive [X] card" is becoming a thing.

A bit to tired to click on link right now... but a Billionaire relatively good looking Raping Someone? I can't imagine a cop on the planet not scratching their head after hearing this for the first time! I'll be sure to fallow up on this story when charged up

He should stay in China, unless they have the same "2 (sometimes 1) drinks is rape" rule.

Not related, but why is he at Carlson Business School? At his level he can pretty much work into an Ivy or Oxbridge and get an MBA without even lifting a finger. Hell, I know personally of two moderately influential low IQ people (one politician and one affirmative action finance exec) who have MBAs from very prominent schools despite them being certifiably stupid.

Quote: (09-25-2018 05:45 AM)MANic Wrote:  

Not related, but why is he at Carlson Business School? At his level he can pretty much work into an Ivy or Oxbridge and get an MBA without even lifting a finger. Hell, I know personally of two moderately influential low IQ people (one politician and one affirmative action finance exec) who have MBAs from very prominent schools despite them being certifiably stupid.

If that is true, and dude actually wants to learn something. Then maybe that is exactly why.

Or another of dozens of other possible reasons.

Quote: (09-25-2018 05:45 AM)MANic Wrote:  

Good point. When you have serious clout in business it seems that even the highly esteemed old money institutions would love to have you onboard. Maybe he has a fetish for ice cold winters & Dutch women heheh.

Hi wife, the 'milk tea sister' is 24 years old. Mr. Liu is 45, so she's a good 21 years younger.
[Image: clap2.gif]

False rape accusations have become so prevalent lately that I'm often joking with friends that , "you can't say you've made it until someone falsely accuses you of rape."

Of course, lives are being ruined and the situation sickens me, but I've chosen to try to laugh at the insanity of it all since the other option would be to lash out and there's just not a lot I can do to change things. I can only imagine what it must feel like for a regular guy to be on the receiving end of the rape accusation stick. Fortunately, I think a lot of men (and conservative women) are becoming disgusted with how far the 'rape culture' narrative has gone and we're starting to slowly see push back in the form of counter suing universities for lack of due process and the like.

Anyway, I don't believe these accusations one bit. It's simple: the more successful, famous, or good looking someone is, the less likely they are to rape someone, and I mean rape in the forceful sense, not propositioning someone since that isn't rape at all.

Mr. JD will be totally fine because he can always chill in China indefintely, + it's very unlikely that anyone will try to prosecute him for this. However, JD.com stock has been brutalized lately, and this situation isn't helping one bit.

Here's his wife:
[Image: 20140805-to-huu-bang-tra-7-ty-dong-moi-h...him-1.jpeg]

[Image: b083fe9562de17db02cd1d.jpg]

Tactician it's fucked up that when I was a kid "rape" required force or drugging someone.

Now consensual sex can be called "rape" for a variety of reasons. (Most prominent is the "I had two drinks")

The worst is this new "affirmative consent" business. I've never asked "may I stick my penis in your vagina. May I flip you over and hit it from the back, m'lady" GTFO

If she doesn't say "no" (other than while incapacitated) or push you (a physical "no") etc it's consent.

Can you even say he was arrested if he wasn't charged, incarcerated or bailed? Sounds more like taken in for questioning (extended Terry Stop) than an actual arrest. Unless he was arrested and his billionaire lawyer/connections quashed it before it got to that point. They can bully regular dudes with questionable charges, but you're taking on big game in a situation like this.

Quote:Quote:

“I was not willing,” she wrote in Chinese on the messaging application around 2 a.m. on August 31. “Tomorrow I will think of a way to escape,” she wrote, as she begged the friend not to call police.

Escape from her own apartment?