rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Baristas

Baristas

I've been working on the coffee shop stuff, and usually the most attractive girls there are the baristas. I've developed a sense of whether or not the barista is doing the usual trained monkey "How's your day" routine and is actually friendly, but what I find difficult is isolating them for a chat that lasts longer than thirty seconds. At the register some dipshit in a business suit invariably shuffles up behind me and the barista cuts off the convo because she doesn't want to get chewed out for holding up the line talking to me. So far I've been trying to wait for an opportune moment to get a refill for uninterrupted chat time to at least get to suggesting talking some more during their break, the other two ideas I had were trying to snag them when they do the rounds tidying up tables, or camping at the counter where the drinks are served. The counter camping seems a bit creepy without having already established sufficient rapport though, and def wouldn't work during high traffic times. Any ideas?

Baristas

Yeah this is a tough one, especially in busy stores.

One thing you can do is find out what time her shift ends, and try to start a chat as she's about to leave.

Baristas

Quote: (09-30-2011 03:43 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

One thing you can do is find out what time her shift ends, and try to start a chat as she's about to leave.

Hmm, good idea. One thing I've noticed is that employees must get some sort of coffee ration or something because I've noticed them getting in line and buying something before they take off for the day. Getting in line for a refill at that point could work.

Baristas

I caught a barista on her break, the DB cell phone opener worked great.
If you're a regular you'll eventually see her on break bored punching away at her cellphone.

Baristas

Quote: (10-01-2011 01:05 AM)tjuan Wrote:  

I caught a barista on her break, the DB cell phone opener worked great.

Can you explain this to us? DB cell phone opener? Dead Battery???

Mixx

Baristas

DB = Day Bang

The cell opener is simply asking her about her cell phone.

Baristas

Quote: (09-30-2011 03:43 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I've developed a partial "How's work going?" routine which I use on literally almost every person that waits on me. This has led to conversation about how tired they are, other factors about their jobs. A surprising percentage, maybe 20-30 mention they're getting off "soon"; usually stating a time period of less than two hours.

I've been surprised how frequently I can drop a question like how long is your shift, and girls who usually look at me as if I'm a serial rapist out of CSI will off-hand tell me they get of at "four" or whatever, because it's not in the context of me asking for something, it's about the level of stress on her and her life and how she's experiencing it.

I don't know how to easily convert this on the spot, probably better to go stalker and "happen" to be around at the time?

Baristas

Ok, I've worked on this a bit and it all comes down to how crowded the coffee shop is. Even an interested barista isn't going to be willing to get in trouble at work for ignoring customers in the time it would take to build enough conversation to get into asking out range. And if you try to hang out by the bar while she's spending 90% of her time servicing other customers you'll look like a chode.

Lucky for us, people don't like to drink coffee after about late afternoon, and a coffee shop will usually be dead after 4-5 PM, and assuming they don't close down at that time this is your opportunity. Pop up about an 90 min before closing for your free refill or whatever, and as long as the crowd is thin you can make conversation with them fairly easily. You've got about an hour or so before they're going to be busy getting ready to close. Ideally you'll suggest hanging out after they get off work, then either agree to meet somewhere or say you've got to run an errand and can pick them up after they get off work. If you try to hang around till the end of the shift it'll seem strange.

Really the only stumbling block that I'm still faced with is the tendency for the baristas of more, shall we say, ample girth trying to swoop in before I can talk to the cute ones.