rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Handling rejection properly

So you got your game tight. You know how to open girls in every type of environment and situation. You know how to make them laugh.

Eventually you get to the point of getting the digits and out comes the dreaded "I have a boyfriend" line or whatever.

What are some other rejection lines women have thrown at you?

What's your typical response?

How do you handle it without looking like a total tool in public or in front of your friends?

Team Nachos

Focus on NOT getting the BF line.

Give us an example of how you spit your game.

Alright I opened this girl in Wendy's on my lunch break. She was sitting in the corner by the windows.(Wendy's are all built the same)

She had a stack of books in front of her. It looked more like she was working instead of eating. Once in a while a retarded girl would come by and talk to her.

So me and my 2 co-workers got a table across from her with me facing her.

So I said in a loud voice, Excuse me ...Can I ask what you do?

She said she's a social worker and she has a crew of girls that she looks over while they work at all different places.
She was there babysitting this retarded girl in Wendy's.

So we start chatting a little bit and she says I have to go to another location tomorrow. So I say jokingly, Where is that, McDonald's?
She let's out a loud snorting laugh. (Good sign)

So I ask, What do you on the weekends for fun? She says she teaches dance and ballet to young girls. So I say, Ohh that's nice. I love to dance myself.
I do mostly interpretive dance. It doesn't go over too well in the clubs though. (She let's out another laugh)

So I'm running short on time and have to get back to work so I drop, Listen I know you're working...can I give you a call sometime?

And she drops ...I have a boyfriend. We live together.

So I say ok that's cool. If you change your mind or wanna be friends or something give me a call. And I give her my business card.

Team Nachos

Quote: (09-30-2011 09:26 AM)Mace Wrote:  

Focus on NOT getting the BF line.

Give us an example of how you spit your game.

Actually this can be the wrong way to program. If you focus on not getting the BF line, you will manifest getting it !!!

As an experiment it is good to go out and intentionally try and get the bf line and see what happens. A free attitude can get you surprising results.

Quote: (09-30-2011 09:40 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I've been noticing how girls qualify their relationship status at the moment of closing lately. As if, they need to let you know how serious it is, because otherwise, you might have a shot.
See also: "I'm married, I have a 4 y/o daughter." "I'm engaged, we're getting married next month." Etc. I have no conclusions for this, just find it interesting.

As far as post-rejection, I usually just ramp down the conversation rather than just cutting it off. Feels more natural, plus, you never know when you might see her again, so best to keep the cool vibe on.

Also, getting her on Facebook is a good fallback if she won't give her #. At least then you have a means of contact or monitoring her relationship status.

Quote: (09-30-2011 11:06 AM)PDX Wrote:  

I've been noticing how girls qualify their relationship status at the moment of closing lately. As if, they need to let you know how serious it is, because otherwise, you might have a shot.
See also: "I'm married, I have a 4 y/o daughter." "I'm engaged, we're getting married next month." Etc. I have no conclusions for this, just find it interesting.

As far as post-rejection, I usually just ramp down the conversation rather than just cutting it off. Feels more natural, plus, you never know when you might see her again, so best to keep the cool vibe on.

Also, getting her on Facebook is a good fallback if she won't give her #. At least then you have a means of contact or monitoring her relationship status.

In her defense, she was nice about it. Not your typical bitch. She was friendly and open to conversation. It didn't feel like I was being milked for attention.

Team Nachos

Alright I opened this girl in Wendy's on my lunch break. She was sitting in the corner by the windows.(Wendy's are all built the same)

She had a stack of books in front of her. It looked more like she was working instead of eating. Once in a while a retarded girl would come by and talk to her.

So me and my 2 co-workers got a table across from her with me facing her.

So I said in a loud voice, Excuse me ...Can I ask what you do?

She said she's a social worker and she has a crew of girls that she looks over while they work at all different places.
She was there babysitting this retarded girl in Wendy's.

So we start chatting a little bit and she says I have to go to another location tomorrow. So I say jokingly, Where is that, McDonald's?
She let's out a loud snorting laugh. (Good sign)

So I ask, What do you on the weekends for fun? She says she teaches dance and ballet to young girls. So I say, Ohh that's nice. I love to dance myself.
I do mostly interpretive dance. It doesn't go over too well in the clubs though. (She let's out another laugh)

So I'm running short on time and have to get back to work so I drop, Listen I know you're working...can I give you a call sometime?

So I say ok that's cool. If you change your mind or wanna be friends or something give me a call. And I give her my business card.

I think you handled the rejection just fine. She probably did have a boyfriend. Maybe you could have talked to her a bit more cause the few things that were said were good and got her laughing.

Sounds totally cool to me, both on your end and hers.

Gmac gave some great advice a while back. It's stuck with me.

When a girl says she has a bf, say "we just met and you're already telling me about your problems?" Or just keep talking and completely ignore that part.

Quote: (09-30-2011 12:11 PM)houston Wrote:  

When a girl says she has a bf, say "we just met and you're already telling me about your problems?" Or just keep talking and completely ignore that part.

Thanks for reminding me, sometimes I forget my own gems. [Image: banana.gif]

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

"What a coincidence, so does my girlfriend" ~ BLAM!

Thanks for the feedback fellas.

I'm basically looking for ways to close politely if you get turned down politely.

and

For ways to close harshly if she's a bitch about it.

Team Nachos

Well if I feel the boyfriend line is a shit test then I'd talk through it and push my luck.

Team Nachos

Quote: (09-30-2011 12:58 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I'm basically looking for ways to close politely if you get turned down politely.

and

I think maybe you're giving up too easily. What do you think the number one line is from single girls to get rid of guys?

You got it.

Girls with boyfriends stray too, but you already knew that.

If you're 100% sure she doesn't want you hanging around, just walk away without saying anything.

(or better yet, pull a Roosh -- https://twitter.com/#!/rooshv/status/119607167320985600)

There's no need to continue the interaction or be polite as a charade for someone you won't be talking to again, amirite?

Quote: (09-30-2011 12:17 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

When a girl says she has a bf, say "we just met and you're already telling me about your problems?"

That's a great line, but in this case, she added that they live together. That's more than just a shit test, it's a sincere, "No, you don't have a shot with me."

Unless alcohol is involved, or unless Parlay is reeeally good looking or charming, I'd say the door is closed pretty tight on this one and it's best to just cut bait. The "telling me about your problems?" line might still be good for a chuckle, but it will change the vibe from "friendly chat" to "this guy thinks he's a player," so I wouldn't keep pushing beyond that. She's been nice so far, so to me, I wouldn't want to be an ass.

Quote: (09-30-2011 01:39 PM)Riff Dog Wrote:  

Unless alcohol is involved, or unless Parlay is reeeally good looking or charming, I'd say the door is closed pretty tight on this one and it's best to just cut bait.

I could probably stand to lose a couple pounds. I am pretty damn charming though. [Image: wink.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (09-30-2011 12:58 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

and

Politely is always the best way.
Yesterday I recognized in a bar a girl that used to bartend at a bar I used to hang out all the time over two years ago. We werent friends (as I knew the other bartenders better), but I got some free drinks from her in the past. I knew she was in a serious relationship at the time. I approached her and her friend that were sitting and chatting at the bar and asked her if she used to work at XY bar. She nodded, said she remembered me, then abruptly threw in "Nice meeting you" and turned back to talk to her friend.
Quite dismissive. And clearly assuming I was hitting on her (not the case as I was trying to open her for my wingman that was waiting in the back).

Still, I just replied "Have a wonderful evening, ladies" and walked away.
The morale? Unless girls are point blank rude and are intentionally trying to insult you, I dont think there is much of a point in arguing with them.
Worst case scenario, if she is really rude, I would use a sarcastic remark and leave with a smile on my face "Great parents. Impeccable etiquette. Straight out of Oxford".

Quote: (09-30-2011 03:22 PM)Oblivion77 Wrote:  

Still, I just replied "Have a wonderful evening, ladies" and walked away.
The morale? Unless girls are point blank rude and are intentionally trying to insult you, I dont think there is much of a point in arguing with them.
Worst case scenario, if she is really rude, I would use a sarcastic remark and leave with a smile on my face "Great parents. Impeccable etiquette. Straight out of Oxford".

I don't think anyone is suggesting you argue with a girl who rejected you, but if the polite route suits your style... more power to you.

Handling rejection properly consists of moving on to the next girl.

End thread.

Whenever a girl drops a line that I feel is designed to invoke a response from me, be it "I have a boyfriend" "I'm bisexual" "I'm horny" Anything where she's trying to get me to react in a way that she wants (trolling basically) I just ignore it, entirely.

"I have a boyfriend, we live together"
"Give me a call some time"
Hand her the card and leave

Gmac's line is great too, the right delivery thats funny as hell and even an ice queen would have to crack a smile.

Also, am I the only one that laughed out loud when he read "(Wendy's are all built the same)"?

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Chad I do a lot of fast food places for lunch during the week.

I don't know if you noticed but I started the Gaming fast food cashiers thread. [Image: wink.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (09-30-2011 12:17 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Thanks for reminding me, sometimes I forget my own gems. [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (09-30-2011 12:26 PM)ATTA Wrote:  

"What a coincidence, so does my girlfriend" ~ BLAM!

- I had a boyfriend in prison but not by choice.
- He is obviously a chubby chaser.
- I bet he has AIDS. Break up NOW!
- Boyfriend? Or pimp?
- Not into 3somes. Thanks for asking though.
- You're just saying that to get my pants.

Normally I walk away politely, but if she's a bitch the gloves go off. If I think she can hold social value I'll continue the conversation to attempt social circle infiltration.

Quote: (09-30-2011 06:07 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I don't know if you noticed but I started the Gaming fast food cashiers thread. [Image: wink.gif]

Get any McDigletts yet? I see a lot of hotties working in shit hole jobs like cashiers, I need to start working that angle and stop trying to get laid at bars.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (09-30-2011 08:18 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Quote: (09-30-2011 06:07 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Get any McDigletts yet? I see a lot of hotties working in shit hole jobs like cashiers, I need to start working that angle and stop trying to get laid at bars.

I was scamming on a half Irish half Italian girl at a local Panera Bread for a while. She has long curly hair down to her tight little ass. Such a cutie.

I asked her out for drink one time. She turned me down. Had a boyfriend she said. No big deal. I found out she was the manager [Image: wink.gif]

She's been super nice to me since then. Always goes out of her way to come to my table and see how we're doing.

I get free pastries, fruit smoothies and coffee anytime I want there. She sends one her girls over to bring it to us personally. It's so funny.

I have a hot young Latina that works the register at Boston Market. She rings up my lunch for $4 instead of $10 all the time. She turned me down too.

There's 6 hot girls that waitress and bar tend at the Applebee's. I've been getting friendly with them lately too.

Wendy's has a 7' tall white skinhead dude manager. He hides all the hot Mexican girls in the back and the drive-thru and only puts this one fat ugly Mexican girl with a lazy eye at the register. I get so pissed cause they all stare hard at me when I come in and I can't even talk to them.

Subway has a little 80 pound Indian girl that flirts with me. Problem is that it's a family run business and her mother and brother work right next to her. Kinda hard to kick it to her with her mom there. [Image: huh.gif] She hooks me up with free chips though.

That's the other plus of gaming fast food girls. Free food.

Team Nachos

In my experience wise ass responses to rejections don't make you feel better and definitely don't make your future interactions that night/day better. You feel like "I got my revenge hahaha" but the next girl you approach, the 'butthurt sadist' feel is glowing all around you.

Just say 'ok no worries' and walk away.

Polite girl
"Can I have your #"?
"Sorry I have a boyfriend".
"Haha, ok no worries. Nice talking to you anyway". - keep this positive

Impolite girl
"Can I have your #"?
"Impolitely no".
"Yeaaah no worries." - maybe more cynical, walk away.

I'm sure a lot of people who read this feel the urge to 'retaliate much stronger' in the 2nd scenario however as I wrote, this usually hurts the rest of your night/day and isn't worth it.

Most tricky aspect of game is to stay composed and happy with yourself regardless of the responses you get.

Once you get into "who's got more smartass responses" battle with the girl - you lost, i.e. you're not getting laid tonight, not with her and not with other girls either due to the 'evil creep' vibe that you're nurturing.