rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which city is easiest to get laid: Tempe, Scottsdale, Glendale or Phoenix?

Evening gentlemen,

Before I begin, I'd like to state I'm a 26 y/o half-Filipino/half-White single male of medium build with a strong preference for white women. Latinas are ok, but come a distant second.

So, in the past, I practiced game and was relatively successful in Yuma, AZ. However, I felt like I needed to improve my lifestyle a bit more and quit game in order to pursue an education in web development; and lo and behold, I graduated in June and am currently job searching between those four cities.

It's time for me to get back into game.

In your experience, which city has been the easiest to get laid? Why? What are the best clubs/bars in the area? How thirsty is the male population?

This is a very specific and niche question, which I just happen to be able to answer.

Scottsdale, as you probably know, is the nightlife hub of the Valley, but it's also moneyed and superficial. At your age, you might find that you have more luck in Tempe with the ASU crowd, but I don't know what your style is like. (I really liked college towns in my mid-20s because it was easy to build a harem out of grad students, and since they were pretty transient, they didn't ask stupid questions.) There's also a developing scene for "alternative"/hipster/arts types in downtown Phoenix, it's still small but a guy with the right attitude can clean up.

Forget the West Valley. Glendale/Peoria is a nice place to live, but overall it's generally more blue collar and suburban and if you're planning to go out partying, the drive to Scottsdale/Tempe will wear you down sooner rather than later. Anywhere in the Camelback/Arcadia to South Scottsdale region should be great logistics, but the pricing varies widely depending on the exact neighborhood.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Quote: (08-06-2018 03:45 PM)Jetset Wrote:  

Scottsdale, as you probably know, is the nightlife hub of the Valley, but it's also moneyed and superficial. At your age, you might find that you have more luck in Tempe with the ASU crowd, but I don't know what your style is like. (I really liked college towns in my mid-20s because it was easy to build a harem out of grad students, and since they were pretty transient, they didn't ask stupid questions.) There's also a developing scene for "alternative"/hipster/arts types in downtown Phoenix, it's still small but a guy with the right attitude can clean up.

I'm the type of guy who will approach you and your group of friends. I'm outgoing, but I'm also quick to burnout when it comes to group conversations. So if I need to close, it needs to be fast.

Also, I run solo. I refuse to rely on a wingman.

If a group of people ask where my friends went, I simply state "They got fucked up and we lost each other."

Do you know much about the thirst level in those cities, btw?

You're going to see a lot of "credit card millionaires" in Scottsdale. Guys who are in shape, dress nice, have a nice car, and are secretly broke. Less of that in the rest of the Valley, but the point about your style is only that if you aren't comfortable in that type of superficial scene, you may not enjoy that particular nightlife. West Valley, you may start to drift into the tattoos-and-trucks circuit.

I have no idea how to quantify it, but women work their asses off to compete. They tend toward bubbly and feminine, there are a lot of newcomers trying to meet people, and you shouldn't have problems approaching. If you know the "Busted Dudes Test", I've seen a lot of attractive women stuck with truly busted dudes.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Maybe Jetset can check me on this but OP, you mentioned you are mixed with White and Asian. I am not sure of how your look tends towards but if you look stereotypically Latino in terms of appearance (dark hair, darker skin and exotic looks), I hear Arizona is tough if you have a preference for white women like you say you do.

From what my friends from AZ have told me, if you are anything other than white or black in most of the state, you are going to struggle. Apparently a lot of the ethnic people there are broke and tend to be in poor areas which makes it tough to score in nightlife and dating apps. I've never been so take what I say with a grain of salt but I'd definitely think about that.

I am the last guy to put much blame on race but from other guys on this forum and travel section, it can be a huge deal in some areas.

I can't really speak to that and don't know enough about OP to guess, either. He seems to feel good about how he fit in in Yuma, which is a small city and more rural, heavily Mexican, where the Valley is urban/suburban and has more ties to Los Angeles. It might be another point toward fitting in with the college and arts scenes, but who knows.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Jetset knows his shit about AZ, if you ever have specific questions or places to go, he's the man.

Quote: (08-06-2018 03:45 PM)Jetset Wrote:  

Forget the West Valley. Glendale/Peoria is a nice place to live, but overall it's generally more blue collar and suburban and if you're planning to go out partying, the drive to Scottsdale/Tempe will wear you down sooner rather than later.

I don't want to knit pick, but the West Valley, specifically Glendale/Buckeye/Goodyear, is great for working class white and Mexican girls. These girls aren't as flashy as your Tempe or Scottsdale princesses, but they're down.

Of course, Jetset is right and there's nothing to do over there for nightlife except the clubs and bars at the Westgate. But the Westgate can get real ghetto, so it's not the spot for young OP to roll single. But it's great to go grab lunch at Chipotle and start Tinder swiping.

But if I was you OP I would live in Tempe. You're young enough to still hang out on Mill St. on the weekends and houses/apartments are affordable in Tempe. If you want to live in Scottsdale, I would imagine at your budget you couldn't afford to live in North Scottsdale, so you would have to live in South Scottsdale. South Scottsdale is more affordable and closer to Old Town and the Entertainment District. The downside, is that when one thinks of the hot Scottsdale girls, they're all in North Scottsdale. South Scottsdale is more working class. But realistically OP, you're not in a place to compete in North Scottsdale yet. How Jetset described it, sums it up. But not only do you have to deal with the posers, you also have to compete with the real deal Scottsdale millionaires.

You could also check out East Phoenix where it turns into Scottsdale, I think this area is called Arcadia? Maybe Jetset knows it better, the area in East Phoenix off Indian School Rd. going into Scottsdale proper.