rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

World depopulation - Bill Gates says pandemic could wipe out 30 million

Bill Gates recently warned that an outbreak of a disease like the flu virus that swept the world in 1918 could kill 30 million people within a six-month time span.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill-gat...mic-2018-5

I am of the opinion that world depopulation is going to start soon. It will likely be caused by a number of causes. First pandemic illness that spread. But other factors will play out from food and water shortages, wars (not so much though), suicides will likely be big, large demographic of baby boomers dying out, natural disaster etc.

It will not be a overnight process though. It may take about 50 to 75 years.
World population in 1915 was about 1.5 billion. Then in 2015 it shot up to over 7 billion. I think it may well hit 9 to 10 billion. But after that it will start to go down every year. Maybe lose 25 to 50 million a year. Eventually it will go down back to 5 - 6 billion.

Then it will likely rise back to 8 billion and then go down again to 4 - 5 billion.

Many think this is a disaster but it is just nature looking after itself.

There is actually a lot of positive about half the world dying out.

The big one I think is that the large population boom from 1915 onwards to now created more development than ever in recorded history.

A massive world wide technological structure was created and every city in the world massively developed and all areas of science, medicine, engineering -- music, every area of knowledge experienced massive growth.

All this growth is recorded and here to stay.

When the world depopulates it will have all the knowledge preserved and a fantastic technological structure to work in.

There will be likely another boom or golden period as there will be demand and not enough workers.

So this massive world depopulation coming will be tragic for those who die out but in the bigger picture it will only be a stepping stone for greater evolution for the human species.

What do you guys think?

If it takes Bill and Melinda Gates out, it will be glorious. Mark Zuckerberg or Jeff Bezos would be a bonus as well.

Plague? More like opportunity.

Quote: (08-02-2018 07:02 PM)Bain Wrote:  

I guess.

But I think it depends on which half of the world you and your loved ones fall into. Not a lot of positives about watching your family and friends die around you, while you wait your turn.

Call me crazy but I think Ebola is going to gain critical mass and kill billions.
If the United Nations had any brains they would nuke the jungle bats now. The flu is killing many people. Combine that with an economic upheaval and it will kill millions easy. How is Venezuela doing these days? Get sick down there and it is curtains.

I doubt there will be a drop in world population in any of our lifetimes. There was a book in the 1970's called 'The Population Bomb' where the author, Paul Ehrlich, hypothesized that mass starvation would kill hundreds of millions before the new millennia. He thought their wasn't enough food to feed the number of people on the earth at the time. Similar to global warming this was a doomsday scenario. However, just like the oil alarmists of the 19th and 20th centuries, he was wrong. Farm tech, yield tech and water technology advancements easily fed the growing populations. You could argue the people that are starving now are their due to corrupt governments and poor culture as opposed to overpopulation. Alarmists are wrong 99% of the time, as long as we have semi-free markets there will be solutions.

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham

Quote: (08-02-2018 09:15 PM)Number one bummer Wrote:  

I doubt there will be a drop in world population in any of our lifetimes. There was a book in the 1970's called 'The Population Bomb' where the author, Paul Ehrlich, hypothesized that mass starvation would kill hundreds of millions before the new millennia. He thought their wasn't enough food to feed the number of people on the earth at the time. Similar to global warming this was a doomsday scenario. However, just like the oil alarmists of the 19th and 20th centuries, he was wrong. Farm tech, yield tech and water technology advancements easily fed the growing populations. You could argue the people that are starving now are their due to corrupt governments and poor culture as opposed to overpopulation. Alarmists are wrong 99% of the time, as long as we have semi-free markets there will be solutions.

There will be a population drop off by the end of the 21st century, and it will be because of war. The world has a big war every century. Iraq 2.0, Afghanistan, Syria, ext. ext. are not the big wars of this century. To be clear, the war might not be about anything that's even going on today at the beginning of the 21st century, it might be about something(s) completely unrelated. But, I have no doubt about the war part will happen because history has been so consistent.

I can't comment on diseases or food shortages or anything like that, I don't know. All I can say is that if any of these things do happen, they can't come to Europe or anywhere in the Anglosphere. We are full. And we are worldwide minorities. But thanks for asking.

There hasn't been a war that lowered the global population since Genghis Khan. The wars that have lowered the global population(think 1200 and before) did so largely through disease and famine, not the actual warfare. As mankind has gotten better at growing surplus food and treating disease, the death-rates of war have fallen greatly. Nothing short of nuclear war would lower the population in my opinion.

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham

I highly doubt there will be a mass depopulation over the next 100 years. There doesn't need to be.

I'm with the Matt Ridley line of thinking on this one. As countries continue to develop, the amount of children per couple drops drastically. Without immigration, most countries in the West are below their replacement value. China has millions of men that will never reproduce. Japanese dudes aren't banging either.

As Africa and India develop, my opinion is that the birth rate will decline and the world population will probably level off at some point. I doubt it will go past 10 billion in any of our lifetimes. I can't really speculate beyond that as who knows what will happen with technology.

Quote: (08-02-2018 09:04 PM)rpg Wrote:  

Call me crazy but I think Ebola is going to gain critical mass and kill billions.
If the United Nations had any brains they would nuke the jungle bats now. The flu is killing many people. Combine that with an economic upheaval and it will kill millions easy. How is Venezuela doing these days? Get sick down there and it is curtains.

Nah, Ebola is too deadly for its own good. It kills too quickly for it to spread far and wide. With quick containment, Ebola epidemics are self-limiting.

If there's going to be a deadly global pandemic (which is a big IF), it will be a slightly different strain of the ordinary flu. Flu viruses mutate all the time, and some of these strains that give only mild sniffles and a 24 hour fever are only one mutation away from taking down millions worldwide.

We were (relatively) lucky with the H1N1 pandemic. That one mutation turned out to be less deadly than originally thought.

A Joseph Stalin, Mao, Pol pot character in power could easily exterminate tens of millions in a decade.

Don't debate me.

BRING IT. Tourism is out of control, you can't go anywhere anymore. If we manage to survive life will be glorious for a few decades at least.

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

I bet some of you are secretly hoping thats 30 million Africans, Muslims and Asians.

Don't debate me.

Quote: (08-03-2018 05:56 AM)Pride male Wrote:  

I bet some of you are secretly hoping thats 30 million Africans, Muslims and Asians.

It's rather relative.
Release a highly virulent strain of Ebola in Africa & it would be an absolute nightmare.
Detonate a large EMP over Africa & most would barely even notice...

Feelings aside, it would just be the most realistic scenario.
Especially Africa.
Hopelessly overpopulated, disastrous public infrastructure, horrible hygienic conditions, no well functioning healthcare sector, widespread superstition, fragile and weak central governments, tropical environment with god knows how many diseases just waiting to cross over to humans...
Plus no sustainable and/or autarkic food production, a myriad of ethnic and religious conflicts, a gigantic youth bulge, economic inequality, lack of opportunity, and foreign powers competing for influence and control over resources.

Frankly, if there is any place at all where I can easily see the possibility of 30+ million people dying in the 21st century, it's Africa.

The ironic thing is that they'll probably replace those 30 million people within 5 to 10 years anyway.

Quote: (08-03-2018 06:14 AM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

It's rather relative.
Release a highly virulent strain of Ebola in Africa & it would be an absolute nightmare.
Detonate a large EMP over Africa & most would barely even notice...

Canibalism in china could easily swipe half of the popultion in less than a year and food poisoning in India, due to not washing hands after a visit to the poo field, could decimate the totality of the population in a week...

And I would replace the world "muslims" by "semits" to take the whole race out as only their religion differ...

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

30 million? That's a drop in the ocean. The world population is over 7 billion.

How would 30 million affect anything?

You're doing it wrong. If you want to race-bait, you should have said, "I bet some of you are secretly hoping that's 30 million brown people."

30 million is nothing. Zero. Even 300 million wouldn't be that much. A few years of births in Africa and middle east and done!

"Christian love bears evil, but it does not tolerate it. It does penance for the sins of others, but it is not broadminded about sin. Real love involves real hatred: whoever has lost the power of moral indignation and the urge to drive the sellers from temples has also lost a living, fervent love of Truth."

- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote: (08-03-2018 09:28 AM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

30 million? That's a drop in the ocean. The world population is over 7 billion.

How would 30 million affect anything?

Not much from a global perspective.

About 55 million people die, globally, every year. An additional 30 million would represent about a 1%, rather than a normal .7%, over-all mortality rate.

Locally, the effects may be quite devastating.

As long as foreign aid continues to pour into 3rd world countries they will reproduce like crazy.

First world population before immigration, yes, that could decline.

Bill Gates recently warned that an outbreak of a disease like the flu virus that swept the world in 1918 could kill 30 million people within a six-month time span.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill-gat...mic-2018-5

I am of the opinion that world depopulation is going to start soon. It will likely be caused by a number of causes. First pandemic illness that spread. But other factors will play out from food and water shortages, wars (not so much though), suicides will likely be big, large demographic of baby boomers dying out, natural disaster etc.

It will not be a overnight process though. It may take about 50 to 75 years.
World population in 1915 was about 1.5 billion. Then in 2015 it shot up to over 7 billion. I think it may well hit 9 to 10 billion. But after that it will start to go down every year. Maybe lose 25 to 50 million a year. Eventually it will go down back to 5 - 6 billion.

Then it will likely rise back to 8 billion and then go down again to 4 - 5 billion.

Many think this is a disaster but it is just nature looking after itself.

The big one I think is that the large population boom from 1915 onwards to now created more development than ever in recorded history.

A massive world wide technological structure was created and every city in the world massively developed and all areas of science, medicine, engineering -- music, every area of knowledge experienced massive growth.

All this growth is recorded and here to stay.

When the world depopulates it will have all the knowledge preserved and a fantastic technological structure to work in.

There will be likely another boom or golden period as there will be demand and not enough workers.

So this massive world depopulation coming will be tragic for those who die out but in the bigger picture it will only be a stepping stone for greater evolution for the human species.

What do you guys think?

You need to lay off the Avengers for a while bro. You sound like Thanos, and you say it could be a good thing. That is until you see your whole family fall victim.

Why does Bill Gates give a fuck about depopulation which is a good thing? He should be shipping tonnes of birth control pills to Africa.

I will be the first to admit that the wealth of Africa is completely wasted on Africans. I believe the colonialists could have handled the situation a lot better.

Don't debate me.

Quote: (08-03-2018 12:30 PM)Pride male Wrote:  

Why does Bill Gates give a fuck about depopulation which is a good thing? He should be shipping tonnes of birth control pills to Africa.

I will be the first to admit that the wealth of Africa is completely wasted on Africans. I believe the colonialists could have handled the situation a lot better.

I find it hard to believe that you're African when you always say stuff like this.

"Especially Roosh offers really good perspectives. But like MW said, at the end of the day, is he one of us?"

- Reciproke, posted on the Roosh V Forum.