rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Doing a European Trip...need some thoughts

First time posting here. Decided to do a northern Europe trip over the summer. As of right now the trip is looking to be Reykjavik, Amsterdam, Stockholm and Berlin. It would be great if people who have visited to those cities could give me some pointers/opinions about them. Particularly:

-What are some good places to party (thats not a tourist trap)?
-How are the girls there/picking up pointers?
-If you were in that general area, any other city you would visit instead?

Really appreciate the help.

- I met an asian american in Stuggart two years ago. He had just returned from Stockholm He described the women as tall cold statues with great posture. He didn't get any for the two months he was there. but I doubt he had any game.

- I have a friend who grew up there. She's a slutty classy gal.

All of the cities you listed are fun, but don't expect to have a "locals" experience in Amsterdam very easily.

I'd add Copenhagen to that list. And possibly Tallinn or Riga, depending on time. You can get a ferry from Stockholm to Tallinn and then a train down to Riga, but you'd want to give that leg of the trip at least 3 days.

Berlin is a ton of fun, and it's actually pretty cheap. Stockholm is very expensive.

Pretty much all the clubs in Reykjavik are non-touristic, since there are so few tourists around. At least that's how I remember the clubs and bars when visiting the cold country last spring. Of course, if you find an Irish pub called "Shenannigans" or something similar, be sure to avoid..

People seem to think that all Icelandic people are supermodels but from my experience they are just huuuge (horizontally and vertically - not meaning that they are all fat, though. just big boned) and pretty laid back and chilled. Be sure to visit Blue Lagoon near Reykjavik and maybe do some horse back riding or something, since the nature is very beautiful. Don't go just for partying.

Berlin is just sooo big partywise. If you want to get a real underground experience, head for the clubs in east berlin. There's some really scary shit in some of those places ;-) The mainstream clubs are pretty much located near this one big square near the centre, cant remember the name of the plaza though. My advice about Berlin is that try to get into the club culture since that's really amazing there. Also history is very present, if you're interested in that.

I would probably do Finland and Estonia as well. Finnish chicks love foreigners and now when the summer has just officially started (nation's biggest drinking fest and official start of the summer, 1st of May just passed), ppl are drinking a lot outside and are really relaxed. If you take the ferry from Stockholm to Finland, it's full of easy girls partying hard all night (or if it happens to be "wrong boat" it's full of pensioners doing the same thing.. haha)

but what about the chicks, are they particularly easy in any of those countries? or American-like?

Quote: (05-02-2009 03:29 PM)elguapo Wrote:  

but what about the chicks, are they particularly easy in any of those countries? or American-like?

No, but I know a perfect place to find American-like women.

Quote:Quote:

head for the clubs in east berlin. There's some really scary shit in some of those places ;-)

Like in the movie Hostel?

Appreciate all the advice. I have been thinking about the trip and it seems infeasible for me to go to Europe for 5-6 weeks as I thought initially. Currently, it looks like the best I can do is spare 15-20 days to travel during August. I would like for the trip to cost less than $2-2.5k. So, I am trying to figure out the best traveling itinerary with those constraints.

Right now I am thinking of doing a Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague trip. However, thats very flexible because I just want to go to places where I can have a good time partying and meeting new people. What do you guy suggest I add on or nix from those three cities? Prague seems great from the other thread I read...however, would it be advisable to go to other cities for lower costs/less Italians/hotter women?

As for specifics> What hostels would you guys recommend for this trip? I have heard good things about the Flying Pig in Amsterdam but it seems pricey at 50 a night.

Why did you settle on these cities? In August, big cities are flooded with tourists, which may be a good thing for some people. The locals go back to their villages, or to the beach.

Germany has many music festivals, so you may want to check that out, don't shower for a week, meet a dirty European girl, bang in the tent, pure romance.

Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague are good choices, but with a budget of 2k, as long as you stay away from Scandanavia, UK (well maybe now that the Pound is so low things might be different), and Switzerland, things should be ok.

Berlin is especially hot right now, and the prices are still pretty good, and the crowd there is a fun-loving crowd.

If you just wanna have fun and party, you should consider the Mediterranean during the summer, especially if you're going to Europe in August. All the euros go to the Med, places like Croatia and the Greek Islands, and party it up. Casual sex is rampant, and girls just wanna have fun, oh girls just wanna have fun!

Places like Majorca, Mykonos, the Croatian beaches are places you should definitely consider.

In August the best thing in Europe is to hit the coast. Most of the people on the big cities go on vacation, so you don´t really get to know the real life of the city. I would strongly advise you going for the coast. For me Croatia is the best value. It´s still cheap because it didn´t enter european union and euro, the beaches are wonderful, and the local women are incredible, Hvar ISLAND IS GREAT. Croatia is actually the beach destination of all the eastern european countries, therefore full of eastern europe girls, that for me are the most beautiful in europe.
Ibiza is also cool, but really expensive if not booked in advance. Greece is more expensive than Ibiza, but with undescrible scenaries, book really in advance. There´s also Lake balaton in Hungary, I´ve never been there but people that have been say wonders.

Top beach parties I´ve been:
Ibiza (spain)
Hvar (croatia)
Santorino (greece)

I´ve already been in Berlin and Prague, not amesterdam. Berlin is a young city and very cheap compared to other european countries, it´s also one of the most populated. I cannot say it´s a pretty place, but the feeling of being on a city that marked the 20th century is always present, you have the wall, statues of Lenin, etc, etc. I was staying in friends flat, so I don´t know any hostels, but try to stay in prenzlauer Berg, it´s the old comunist part, were all the young people live because it´s cheaper. Pay atention for the lights in the comunist part as they are diferent than the ones in the western. The club scene is incredible, I think Panorama club is a reference. German girls are really hot. It´s amazing how they always have amazing tits.

Prague it´s also cheap, a beautiful city, I don´t know if the summer is the best time to go, because the locals tend to go to Croatia or lakes nearby. Girls are amazing, beer is cheap. But don´t leave Czech Republic without passing by Ostrava and Desperado bar (just don´t go on a thursday). Ostrava is an ugly city with nothing to see, but the girls are worth the travel.

If you look at the map you will see that Prague is a distance of 700 kms from many cities, like Viena, Bratislava and Budapest, and there´s a fast train called Pendolino that conects them.

Most beautiful cities I´ve been:
Paris (france);
Roma (Italy);
Viena (Austria);

Best Party big cities I´ve been:
Barcelona (spain),
Berlin (Germany)
Lisbon (Portugal), but it´s empty in summer.
Madrid (spain)

If your short on time the best is plane. There are two main low costs where you can book cheap tickets:
Ryanair and Easyjet. Ryanair is cheaper but it normally doesn´t leave you in the capitals, only nearby.
If you are in Prague the best is Skyeurope. Book in advance and you can find conections for 40 euros between the cities you´ve mentioned.

I´m going to Copenhaguen for this weekend and after Reykjavik for one week I´m specially curious on Reykjavik. I will write a report after.

Some links:

- Hvar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya6RgRNmDbI

- Novalja - Zrce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMn4OFF_i...re=related

- Ibiza
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHg1OnXt3...re=channel

- Santorino
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkkVXxysCZY

I forgot to say from barcelona you have cheap tickes and ferries to Ibiza, and you can also get to Croatia from Italy by ferry.

I´m going back to ibiza and croatia this summer.

Thanks a lot for all the great information! Okay I am definitely considering moving to beaches. I am ruling Ibiza and Greece out because of costs. The place that seems the most interesting is Croatia or other eastern european beach towns. Other than Hvar what else would you guys recommend? Just any place with good looking girls and a great nightlife works for me. Also as I only have 15-20 days I would prefer not to move around too much. It would also be great if the places will be near/cheap to travel from Prague as thats where I plan on departing.

Wow, great review Pepini. sfd66, where are you traveling from?

The Bulgarian and Romanian beaches on the black sea are also very good, although many spots are a bit commercial (In my opinion Varna is a german and russian mecca). South of Croatia, there's Montenegro. The beaches and towns aren't as nice, and it's a little harder for foreigners to come there, so it's cheaper.. and filled with serbs. Many people island hop along the coast. In many cities you can negotiate for cheap accommodations (5-10 euros) with old ladies upon arrival.

I've heard some really great things about Croatia, Hvar especially. Another destination to consider is Burgas, Bulgaria. That city is supposed to be incredible in the summer.

What I've heard regarding the Croatian vs. Montenegran (sp?) beaches debate is that the Croatian beaches are more commercial and have been paved over in parts because the landscape is really rocky, whereas the beaches in Montenegro are supposedly fairly unspoiled. But Montenegro's coastline is obviously much smaller than Croatia's, and there are probably remote areas in Croatia to visit. If I were going to do an Eastern European beach vacation this summer, I'd probably do one of these:

Burgas, Bulgaria
Odessa, Ukraine
Split, Croatia

I plan on doing a tour around the Balkans next year.

travelstobang> I am coming in from New York City. Are you going to be around Croatia in August?

I just talked to my traveling partner and we think island hopping in Croatia is probably our best bet. Anyone have any accommodations tips? I checked hvar.hr and seems like there are nice apartment rooms for rent for only 50 euros a night that are right by the beach. Also, how is the cost there (particularly food and alcohol)?

Also for anyone who has traveled in Europe, is getting a Eurorail pass a good idea? I hear a ton of mixed reviews about it and would prefer to hear from someone with experience.

Thanks a lot guys this thread has been a tremendous help.

Quote: (05-27-2009 12:29 PM)sfd66 Wrote:  

Also for anyone who has traveled in Europe, is getting a Eurorail pass a good idea? I hear a ton of mixed reviews about it and would prefer to hear from someone with experience.
When are you leaving? I'm going to be meeting up with a friend of mine that did a summer in Croatia two years back tomorrow, so I can try to get some information for you. He was doing a summer law course, though, so I don't know how much traveling around he did.

Eric> I am leaving for Europe likely on July 28th. As of right now the itinerary is Berlin for a week, then head off to Salt, Croatia and then island hop from 6th-12th, head to Prague and stay there till my flight back to US on Aug 17th.
I would greatly appreciate any Eurrail or Croatia related tips!

Quote: (05-09-2009 06:05 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

head for the clubs in east berlin. There's some really scary shit in some of those places ;-)

Like in the movie Hostel?

more like in the movie "anal adventures of muscular gay guys in dark areas" .. brrr... But on the other hand, there were pretty hot chicks hooking up in those areas as well. As I said, wicked stuff going on in east berlin.

I have decided to skip the Eurorail option and instead just buy point to point when I get there. Its actually cheaper for me that way.

In terms of places to party in East Berlin...any tips? How are the girls in terms of gaming?

Quote: (05-26-2009 09:52 PM)Pepini Wrote:  

Best Party big cities I´ve been:
Barcelona (spain),
Berlin (Germany)
Lisbon (Portugal), but it´s empty in summer.
Madrid (spain)

I was just thinking back to my Europe trip. The partying there is different than the US. I cant put my finger on it exactly. It seems like a lot of the people in the clubs were there for the music. I saw a lot of guys, very fashionably dressed just dancing by themselves, really vibing the music for like 3 hours. I think they must have been on drugs. In the US it feels like guys go out to hit on girls, and girls go out to be hit on. And both go out to drink. Very different vibe for me.

Any europeans have some perspective on this?

Quote: (03-26-2010 08:04 AM)chrisss Wrote:  

speakeasy,

I think you were at techno clubs. It's loud in there as hell and yeah surely these clubs aren't the classic perfect pickup spots. Some people go there doped up and plastered so you know whatever. But even in that crazy partying you get your share of gaming, just less verbal. There's a huge and I mean techno scene in Europe. Check this out a little party from my hometown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3FOAQg7_...re=related

Where is that?

Quote: (03-26-2010 08:28 PM)chrisss Wrote:  

Kolobrzeg, Poland.

Smooth.

Give up some more data.