rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why aren’t we honest?

Why aren’t we honest?

Why not let out our world views to all friends, family, and to all future lovers? Concealing and lying are things a masculine man should be allergic to, and within moderation, with a sense of persuasion, masculine conservative views—coupled with strength—should be respected and even admired by people who already know our character: perhaps even by those that do not.

Even views considered extreme cannot be defeated if they are stated with pure intentions and logical strength—if molded to the listeners understanding. If we can come to terms with reality and accept what we cannot change we can focus on what we can, and with it that comes positivity, understanding, and love for the world.

There is a clear lack of people who speak their mind and act in a masculine way in the West, and there shouldn’t be. We must follow in Trump’s footsteps and speak the truth as we understand it, without complaining or doing so in a negative way. People are yearning for that strength to lean on.

To improve society we must become more masculine ourselves, and by doing so: inspiring many others.

Why aren’t we honest?

Nothing to do with game.

Why don’t we speak the truth?

Because it comes at a price.

I don’t expect any sane man to pay that price.

However, lying (or even keeping your mouth shut) comes with a price too. You slowly dismantle your conscience.

Maybe that’s why consumerism, self-promotion and rent-seeking are the highest values in online culture.

Why aren’t we honest?

Truth is important, yes. But, application of said truth is more important.

You have to decide the value of telling a truth in a moment. Always ask yourself, is it harmful to me? That is a good way to navigate whether or not to tell the truth.

"When in chaos, speak truth." - Jordan Peterson

Why aren’t we honest?

BadKing, are you honest, or are you trolling. If you are not honest, why don't you offer an explanation for your dishonesty

Why aren’t we honest?

Transparency and low boundaries are not particularly masculine. Having a private inner life and keeping your intentions to yourself are completely acceptable. You don't need to conceal what is nobody else's business in the first place.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Why aren’t we honest?

It would end up like that Jim Carrey movie "Liar Liar," where he's forced to tell the truth and it wrecks his life.

Or that early "Seinfeld" episode "The Truth," where George decides to be honest with a woman and the next thing you know, she's in a mental hospital.

Why aren’t we honest?

Quote: (06-19-2018 08:18 AM)asdfk Wrote:  

Nothing to do with game.

Why don’t we speak the truth?

Because it comes at a price.

I don’t expect any sane man to pay that price.

However, lying (or even keeping your mouth shut) comes with a price too. You slowly dismantle your conscience.

Maybe that’s why consumerism, self-promotion and rent-seeking are the highest values in online culture.

Well said. Psychologists and social scientists have also theorized that lying came about in human culture not to mislead or to manipulate but to allow people to get along. Before the advent of written history or any reliable record keeping your reputation was maintained in the present moment and a few memorable events from the past. Up until the 1800s most people didn't even write. So everything was based on oral histories and word of mouth. Slight altercations, embarrassments, and other trivialities of daily life could be and would be forgotten. A white lie here and there helped lubricate the social machinery that allowed people to remain friendly with each other. Honor and reputation was maintained by the general consensus of popular opinion in your community. So if you lie enough about serious stuff it would catch up with you but in general people were more forgiving.

Today we have a culture where everything is taken out of context. Virtue signaling is high on social media, as if people are unreproachable angels. Ultimately though lying is about your self esteem and your place in the world. If you have a solid image of your place in the world then you will feel less compulsion to lie.

Why aren’t we honest?

In areas of public concern and accountability, sure. Be as honest as practicable. Everything else in my private sphere works on a need to know basis.

Why aren’t we honest?

PROJECTING are we..... The first step is admitting you have a problem. Congratulations

Why aren’t we honest?

Quote: (06-19-2018 08:48 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

It would end up like that Jim Carrey movie "Liar Liar," where he's forced to tell the truth and it wrecks his life.
Or that early "Seinfeld" episode "The Truth," where George decides to be honest with a woman and the next thing you know, she's in a mental hospital.

I think this is the best example of total honesty with women.

Romance is about artfully lying, or at least committing the sin of omission.

Why aren’t we honest?

That’s not what I meant by honesty.

I think that if you reach a certain level of strength you never have to lie. A masculine man would never be able to think of saying that line by Hoffman and therefore would be concealing nothing.

Following your nature to the fullest and never betraying yourself or your beliefs—that’s what I mean by honesty.

Why aren’t we honest?

I am personally (most of the time) honest with chicks. No need to lie really. The more honest you are, the less the girl will believe you anyway. When you tell her you'll probably dump her in a couple of weeks when you're tired of her, she'll think you're just joking. So it doesn't matter what you say anyway. Then 2 months later when you do dump her because she has been knocked out of the harem by another chick she'll call you an asshole and a "fuckboy". But that's just female "logic", so who cares.

Why aren’t we honest?

I went to a school for interrogation and was taught that under the most mundane conditions, the average person will lie more than 11 times per day.
How many times have you had a splitting headache and someone asks you, "How are you today?" And what did you say? "I'm fine." Why? Because if we constantly tell the full truth, life and time would devolve into a bunch of bullshit that's not worth the time it would take to explain. When someone is deceitful, it's a little different. Detecting intentional deceit from the mundane is different. Maybe I just asked you a question and it was none of my business? Maybe I just asked you to incriminate yourself or implicate yourself in a crime? Maybe I asked you a fucked up question that was really three questions in one? If you answer any one of them truthfully, it incriminates you.

For example: "Were you 27 years old when you lived at 55 Spring St and you committed that robbery?" That's a fucked up and incriminating 3 questions in one (age, address, guilt) and if you answer the question, you're fucked. If you tell the truth and it's evasive, I'm just gonna lay into you more to stress you the fuck out.
In the the above example, if you just said, "I don't want to answer that." I'm gonna ask you, "why are you being evasive if you have nothing to hide?" Then you're gonna get frustrated because none of my questions are fair. But, I'm not on your side, I'm on my side and I don't care if I'm fair to you. This is what women do to men.

So you see, just "lying" is part of everyday life. But if you start being intentionally deceitful and you have an interrogator worth his salt (or a complete detective, jealous bitch gf or spouse), you're eventually gonna get busted. Girls are masters at this shit and they remember everything!

Why aren’t we honest?

EDIT: This is always why you never, under any circumstances, answer questions by law enforcement without a lawyer present. Nor by a prosecuting attorney in a civil deposition.

Why aren’t we honest?

I think it’s much easier to be honest if you accept the world as it is. If you get to the root of why things are you always find legitimacy, patterns, and merit.

Many people today have a huge problem accepting reality, even going as far as questioning reality itself, stemming from the ideas of philosophers like Derrida that end up preached in Universities. Yet the more in touch with reality and experienced in personal success you are, the more you accept that things are and stay the way they are for a reason: because the best win and continue winning and because progress has to always move slowly and steadily not to risk catastrophe.

If your perception of the world is very close to reality then you will never be surprised by what happens—you will understand it, accept it, react if it’s personal or in your interest to and if not move on.

When you understand the world you have nothing to fear and can be honest all the time. If you are at peace and mean no harm, you can speak your mind without fear.

But yes, if you have memory problems or don’t know the law it’s best you shut your mouth in front of authorities—if you’re natural dominant though you will flip the situation in you favour. But again, you won’t be in that situation unless you live on the edge and lack power to begin with.

Because only those with true power can be honest, and the weaker you are the more you lie.

A truthful man is indeed a highly desirable one.

Why aren’t we honest?

Quote: (06-22-2018 11:16 PM)BadKing Wrote:  

I think it’s much easier to be honest if you accept the world as it is. If you get to the root of why things are you always find legitimacy, patterns, and merit.

Many people today have a huge problem accepting reality, even going as far as questioning reality itself, stemming from the ideas of philosophers like Derrida that end up preached in Universities. Yet the more in touch with reality and experienced in personal success you are, the more you accept that things are and stay the way they are for a reason: because the best win and continue winning and because progress has to always move slowly and steadily not to risk catastrophe.

If your perception of the world is very close to reality then you will never be surprised by what happens—you will understand it, accept it, react if it’s personal or in your interest to and if not move on.

When you understand the world you have nothing to fear and can be honest all the time. If you are at peace and mean no harm, you can speak your mind without fear.

But yes, if you have memory problems or don’t know the law it’s best you shut your mouth in front of authorities—if you’re natural dominant though you will flip the situation in you favour. But again, you won’t be in that situation unless you live on the edge and lack power to begin with.

Because only those with true power can be honest, and the weaker you are the more you lie.

A truthful man is indeed a highly desirable one.

I'll break you. Eventually, you'll break if you keep answering my questions.

"Oh, you're an honest man?"
"Why didn't you tell me where you lived?"
"I just asked you a simple question?
"You don't remember how old you were?"
"Answer my question!"
"You don't know where you lived?"
"Now you're lying to me! If you had nothing to hide, why didn't you answer my question?"
"You're under oath, if you lie to me, it's perjury!"
"When you committed the robbery, where did you live?
"How old were you?"
"No way you can tell me you don't know! It's a simple question! What was your age?"
"Why won't you answer my questions? Because you're guilty as sin."
"You mean to tell me you didn't know your address?"

"We have video (lie). We have witnesses that saw you there! (lie)"

I can lie to you all i want, if you lie to me, it's a crime.

I'd break you in minutes.

Why aren’t we honest?

Quote: (06-18-2018 11:10 PM)BadKing Wrote:  

Why not let out our world views to all friends, family, and to all future lovers?

I think this is you.
I am very honest with people about my worldview, within reason. I don't go around provoking people with my opinions and being hostile without some kind of relations first, but I will state them in a straightforward way.

My girlfriend is pretty left wing and non-religious. She knows I supported Trump at one point and also that I'm anti-feminist. She's Latina and we live in Texas.

I don't know where you live, but I had way more conflicts with people on my worldview when I lived in the Northeast. One of my LTRs basically ended because my girlfriend wouldn't stop arguing with me about feminism. Baseline, where you live will definitely dictate how far you can go with people in expressing your opinions. I've lived in DC and NYC. DC was definitely the worst place to be. People are so extremely ideological in DC. You can't even suggestively make a mysogenist comment without someone jumping on it. In Texas, the kind of shit guys get away with saying at work without HR problems is crazy coming from the Northeast.

In NYC, it's not so much better, but better enough that it was noticeable. I even let some of my very left wing coworkers know about my Trump support during the election, it was fine. We talked about it in a civil way.

If people like you, you can represent your opinions honestly and that in itself may make an impact. If you go around pussy footing though, lying about who you are all the time, you're going to be holding in some serious anger, frankly.

Even in relationships, I make it pretty clear that I do things in a different way, that I'm not the kind of guy to "get down on one knee", yet they continue to date me, love, and cherish me, maybe because they're getting something harder to find than a beta male provider... We can't assume everyone's the enemy all the time...

Definitely though, relocate if you are finding a problem relating with people around you, it can make a huge difference...

Why aren’t we honest?

OP, you have a long way to go before you find the red pill. It's harsh but it's the truth.

Why aren’t we honest?

I agree with Roosh on many things, especially on women.

What is the red pill exactly? Accepting our natures? I understand both male and female nature from a zoological/ethological perspective, that is comparing it directly to other primates. I can tell you our urges, instincts, and faculties, and how they’re different for the sexes. I apply it everyday and it justifies everything that happens—everything makes sense when viewed in a cold scientific way.

What is the red pill for you?

Why aren’t we honest?

Red pill/Honesty for me is trusting my gut, even if it means owning up to my mistakes. Red pill means putting self first. To me red pill means not being a sheep and sheep are made to follow rules made by man. Honesty is why I can sleep peacefully. Im not swayed by either political party but only swayed when a wolf is needed.

Why aren’t we honest?

I'm discreet, but honest. Not answering a question is a completely different level than lying. Besides, idgaf what these slores think, their vajine tingles from my truth bombs 90% of the time they're surrounded by so many simpering betas and idiot frat boys who don't know how to choke a bitch much less fuck her right.

Why aren’t we honest?

The only person you need to be truthful to is yourself. Even that though is a big challenge which most fail at.

What I think you mean is being congruent. Thoughts, words and actions need to back each other up. You need to find which level of congruence you are comfortable at and strive for congruence at higher levels. If you cannot back up your words or actions, then you need to step down at a lower level.

It is part of the growing up process.

Why aren’t we honest?

Why not let out our world views to all friends, family, and to all future lovers? Concealing and lying are things a masculine man should be allergic to, and within moderation, with a sense of persuasion, masculine conservative views—coupled with strength—should be respected and even admired by people who already know our character: perhaps even by those that do not.

Even views considered extreme cannot be defeated if they are stated with pure intentions and logical strength—if molded to the listeners understanding. If we can come to terms with reality and accept what we cannot change we can focus on what we can, and with it that comes positivity, understanding, and love for the world.

There is a clear lack of people who speak their mind and act in a masculine way in the West, and there shouldn’t be. We must follow in Trump’s footsteps and speak the truth as we understand it, without complaining or doing so in a negative way. People are yearning for that strength to lean on.

To improve society we must become more masculine ourselves, and by doing so: inspiring many others.

Espousing your ideological views and principles publicly is not the same as being honest. There is a time and a place.

At the (extended) family Christmas lunch, do you value social cohesion more than convincing others of how you see the world? Then there are certain topics you will not engage in. This doesn't mean you are dishonest or afraid.

Do you value pulling the girl brainwashed by third wave feminism more than entering into a debate with her? Then you will would be wise not to rise to her ideological rants and simply smile and start a new conversational thread. She will learn about men not through argument but by live demonstration.

Finally, remember the first rule of game (social interaction) is never talk about game. This isn't because you have something to hide. It is because people react reflexively and negatively when they hear social dynamic and evolutionary psychology theories applied to their own lives – no one likes to be thought of as robotic and apt to manipulation. Comedians like Larry David ignore these rules which makes for socially awkward situations and, for us as bystanders, humor.

Be honest, yes of course.

But be socially intelligent;

don't be Larry David.

Why aren’t we honest?

Quote: (06-24-2018 01:53 AM)Phineas Wrote:  

Espousing your ideological views and principles publicly is not the same as being honest. There is a time and a place.

At the (extended) family Christmas lunch, do you value social cohesion more than convincing others of how you see the world? Then there are certain topics you will not engage in. This doesn't mean you are dishonest or afraid.

Do you value pulling the girl brainwashed by third wave feminism more than entering into a debate with her? Then you will would be wise not to rise to her ideological rants and simply smile and start a new conversational thread. She will learn about men not through argument but by live demonstration.

Finally, remember the first rule of game (social interaction) is never talk about game. This isn't because you have something to hide. It is because people react reflexively and negatively when they hear social dynamic and evolutionary psychology theories applied to their own lives – no one likes to be thought of as robotic and apt to manipulation. Comedians like Larry David ignore these rules which makes for socially awkward situations and, for us as bystanders, humor.

Be honest, yes of course.

But be socially intelligent;

don't be Larry David.

I'm always educating women I'm sleeping with on game and evolutionary psychology (if she seems intelligent enough to understand it). Politics too. Never caused me any problems whatsoever. Stop taking things so seriously. She's just a thot and if she doesn't like your worldview, why would even want to have her around? Pussy is cheap these days.

Why aren’t we honest?

Two separate issues are being conflated here. There is tactful discretion and then there is self-deception. I believe no man is entitled to an opinion he cannot defend in public.

That does not mean he needs to defend himself in every situation. But opinions need to be aired, and usually corrected, by the purifying light of reason. That can only happen in public discourse. Otherwise we are liable to dig ourselves into holes of depression, and dream up wacky conspiracy theories, and produce online safe spaces where disagreement is effectively banned. But dogma should not be tolerated on the left or right. As Yeats put it:

Quote:Quote:

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Roosh criticised the alt-right right for their cheesy demonstration. But I think this demonstration was necessary. If you believe the white race to be superior, then get out there and see where it gets you. Convictions need to be tested in the world. Sometimes we have been treated unfairly. But often we are simply wrong – only a child would deny this.