rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Budgeting / Personal Finance App Recommendations?

Can anybody recommend me an app where I can record each time I buy something and put it into a category then see a monthly breakdown of how much money I'm spending on what?

I saw somebody recommend one here before and wanted to download it but can't find the post anymore.

Mint is definitely the App that will cover what you inquired about. It breaks down your spending by categories, and can also send you alerts depending on your settings. Definitely recommended

I agree with you. I use mint. The name behind QuickBooks and TurboTax – is a powerful across the board asset for making a financial plan, following your spending and getting shrewd about your money. You can interface all your bank and credit card accounts, and also the entirety of your monthly bills, so the entirety of your funds are in one helpful place – no all the more signing in to numerous destinations. Mint tells you when bills are expected, what you owe and what you can pay. The application can likewise send you installment updates so you can stay away from late charges. In view of your ways of managing money, Mint even gives you particular exhortation to acquire command over your financial plan. The free credit score is a decent reward, as well. Refer website for more details.

GNUcash has a horrible interface but will do everything you want from your paycheck+wallet+bank account up to sole proprietorships/small businesses with vendors, customers, interest etc.

Making your own excel sheet is also good.

I use pencil and paper. A little bit old fashioned that way. It is however quicker and easier than using all kinds of fancy apps and spreadsheets.

Only three ways to do something: "The right way. The wrong way. Or my way. Obviously my way is best."

Quote: (10-08-2018 03:09 AM)BadBoyGamer Wrote:  

I use pencil and paper. A little bit old fashioned that way. It is however quicker and easier than using all kinds of fancy apps and spreadsheets.

And then what? Hand deliver it to the cloud?

(JK. I'm with you on the low tech solutions. There will never be a Dead Sea Thumb Drive.)

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

I use moneydance. Mostly because I’ve been using it for the past 10 years. It works for me on Linux. There is a window version also and an app, even though I’ve never used them.

@debeguiled Funny thing is; I am a programmer. And still I prefer paper.

@LINUX Yay! I am exclusively using Linux for about 15 years now. *high five*

Only three ways to do something: "The right way. The wrong way. Or my way. Obviously my way is best."

There is various budgeting app that can help you. Such as Wally, Mint, Acorns, Coinbase etc. According to the Apple iPad Support, Coinbase will be perfect.

I use personalcapital

YNAB (You Need a Budget) is the best one I've used. Although I'm curious about GNUCash but probably requires lots of messing around with config files like all open source/Linux things.

https://www.youneedabudget.com/

Their newer cloud version is $6.99/mo but I use YNAB Classic and store it in my personal DropBox account and it syncs perfectly fine across my Desktop PC, Macbook Pro, and Android smart phone.

YNAB is simple and effective. The key is to use it consistently and manually enter every transaction. This forces you to account for how you are actually spending me. For most people auto importing data and graphing it doesn't seem to make them understand their spending patterns and habits.

Every sunday I have a recurring Google calendar reminding me to do my YNAB entries and balance all my accounts. I've been doing this for over a year now and it always forces me to think about how I'm spending my hard earned cash.

I use Mint for transaction/budget monitoring on my phone, and Personal Capital for investments. I've never really tried YNAB but I know people love it.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

I used Personal Capital for a while before I got fed up with them trying to sell me their investment services. Their ultimate goal is to get you to hand your money over to them so they can use the equity in their accounts while charging you a fee for active management. No thanks. YNAB, Excel, and my own personal investment strategy is all I need. Not going to pay anyone to manage my money for me.