rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best books on Anger Management?

Question for you guys, what books can really help with anger management?

In the past when I've looked, I found books for guys who are breaking, beating and destroying people and things around them, and that's WAY too intense for me.

I just shout too much and have trouble reigning myself in. It comes so quickly that I have a hard time controlling myself and I can be FURIOUS in a split second.

Any suggestions for useful books/resources?

"30 Bangs", by Roosh V.

- The Four Agreements

You have the problem of not being able to control your thoughts, start meditating after you read that book.

There is a famous saying that I am going to butcher, but its something along the lines of "The moment you realize that criticism says more about how the person giving the criticism feels about themself than it does about you is the moment you become free to not react."
"

Quote: (06-05-2018 04:02 AM)captain_shane Wrote:  

- The Four Agreements

You have the problem of not being able to control your thoughts, start meditating after you read that book.

I'll look this up, thank you!

Quote: (06-05-2018 06:19 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

There is a famous saying that I am going to butcher, but its something along the lines of "The moment you realize that criticism says more about how the person giving the criticism feels about themself than it does about you is the moment you become free to not react."
"

It's not dealing with criticism so much as just general frustration and irritants in life. I'm dealing with slow to change structural issues in my life that aggravate me deeply, causing simple day to day frustrations overwhelming me in the moment.

Thomas Cleary - "Training the Samurai Mind"

Arrian - "Enchiridion"

Marcus Aurelius - "Meditations"

These will help with many things, including how to think about overreaction. Defense Secretary Mattis was known to carry Meditations with him throughout his combat days.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Look at NLP and rewire your brain.

Get some 1-1 counseling from a good operator.

@Jetset thanks for the recommending me those books.

@Ratinthewoods what are some good NLP resources?

I have tried counselling / therapy in the past and it works okay but doesn't stick in the long run.

Quote: (06-07-2018 09:33 PM)Tytalus Wrote:  

@Ratinthewoods what are some good NLP resources?

I have tried counselling / therapy in the past and it works okay but doesn't stick in the long run.

Just google and read up, pick and choose the bits that work for you.

Your brain is the hardware, its your choice what software you run on it.

I think "Cognitive therapy" is designed to extract max cash for minimum results.

NLP and "doing the work yourself" is the only way forward.

Trial and error to find a local NLP coach that works for you. You should see results in 2-3 visits max, if not then try another.

I knew someone who was terrified to get on a plane their whole life, cured after one NLP session, for life.

Read Feeling Good by David Burns. It's $5 on Amazon so you're not losing much. I don't know what Rat is talking about but CBT is hands down the best form of therapy there is. It's just as effective as antidepressants.

NLP is straight up pseudoscience. There's a reason no therapist worth his salt practices it.

Dusty also has a thread on REBT. Check that out for an overview of what CBT/REBT is.

thread-28873.html

Go to a pool and scream underwater.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung