rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting more value out of your weekends.

A lot of people complain about graduating college and how life after college is so taxing but I have found the opposite to be true. I find that once I am done with work, I am done and that means I have the weekends to myself instead of using them to study and do papers.

My dilemma is that I feel like I have so much pent up energy for the weekends and find myself bored often. I have no idea how people can sit on a couch to watch TV, binge watch Netflix or actually "relax" on a weekend. At this point I am also not getting as much value going out to bars and clubs as I used to, it isn't the venues themselves as much as the fact that I hate spending money on overpriced alcohol even though I can more than afford it.

Right now I am at a point to where I feel like I can be doing more with my weekends and actually getting value out of them than just relaxing or going out to party. I've thought of starting to drive for Uber on the side.

You guys have any ideas on how to go about getting more value out of your weekends?

The Uber side gig's a nice start.

Once you've got enough capital saved up, start learning about real estate cycles and stock market cycles and put that money to work.

Alternatively, start your own business, be it online or offline, lots of threads about that on the forum. You could also spend time learning a more valuable craft if your current gig has a flat growth trajectory.

Good call though on making this lifestyle change, you'll start seeing the positive impact it has on your life versus your peers' lives sooner than you think.

So many people in America are putting in minimal effort outside of their work week that anything you put in above and beyond that can vault you ahead significantly.

Perfect timing for this thread: I'm right now in the same spot as OP. Clubs and bars are expensive and take a lot of energy just to meet sluts. I'm at a point of my life where I have done it enough and find it pointless now.

I am investing in real estate already, but it's not too time-consuming right now. And with a job that I do too efficiently, even with MMA, gym, reading and girls, I still have too much time for someone as active as I am.

Besides, would like the gig to be adaptable, as sometime I'm busy as hell and sometime there is nothing to do for 2 days. Can't do uber: no car

Make men great again!

I was going to suggest sports for fitness purposes for aesthetics but since you want to get actual value of your weekends but I don't think that idea will fly with you.
If I could be bothered to I'd work at a bar as a bartender but I get mixed reviews.
Uber apparently isn't as profitable as it used to be.

Quote: (06-03-2018 06:22 AM)JekyllAndHyde Wrote:  

I was going to suggest sports for fitness purposes for aesthetics but since you want to get actual value of your weekends but I don't think that idea will fly with you.
If I could be bothered to I'd work at a bar as a bartender but I get mixed reviews.

I've actually wanted to bartend but the issue is that it is a very difficult gig to get in the US, at least if you want to do it at a halfway decent place. Weekend shifts go to experienced bartenders and those are guys who have been doing it full time.

Apparently bartending is the go to gig for most bros and bimbos fresh out of college who have no idea what to do with their lives so they do it full time. If anyone wants to drop a datasheet on how someone can pull it off doing it part-time I am all ears, it is profitable but I hear you will have to start off as a busser/barback.

Quote: (06-03-2018 03:14 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

I've actually wanted to bartend but the issue is that it is a very difficult gig to get in the US, at least if you want to do it at a halfway decent place. Weekend shifts go to experienced bartenders and those are guys who have been doing it full time.

Apparently bartending is the go to gig for most bros and bimbos fresh out of college who have no idea what to do with their lives so they do it full time. If anyone wants to drop a datasheet on how someone can pull it off doing it part-time I am all ears, it is profitable but I hear you will have to start off as a busser/barback.

Had a buddy that did it and networked his way into it in Vancouver. It was very much a full time gig. He started as a barback then networked his way into a full time bartender role. A lot like climbing the corporate ladder lol.

One benefit is from 18-23 he was a complete alcoholic and literally banged girls all the time, played video games, and drank.

If you don't mind throwing away a few years of your life away to hedonism, I'd reccomend doing it in a large city. The girls are ridiculously hot, there is a ton of booze, and you make decent money.

Only thing is I don't think you can really do it parallel to another career and your exit options are highly limited.

Quote: (06-03-2018 04:42 PM)qwertyuiop Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2018 03:14 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

Had a buddy that did it and networked his way into it in Vancouver. It was very much a full time gig. He started as a barback then networked his way into a full time bartender role. A lot like climbing the corporate ladder lol.

One benefit is from 18-23 he was a complete alcoholic and literally banged girls all the time, played video games, and drank.

If you don't mind throwing away a few years of your life away to hedonism, I'd reccomend doing it in a large city. The girls are ridiculously hot, there is a ton of booze, and you make decent money.

Only thing is I don't think you can really do it parallel to another career and your exit options are highly limited.

See I am trying to do it parallel to my full time job which has excellent exit options.

Oh well, guess I'll just work on being rich and one day open up my own bar or nightclub which I can bartend in. Definitely something I've wanted to do but am not going to throw away a career in doing.

I would definitely look into starting an online business. I assume that you are working a job rather than for yourself, and while you seem to be doing very well, in my view it is inherently risky to have your entire income coming in from one source, even if it doesn't seem that way in the moment. Most wealthy people have multiple sources of income (often that is real estate, but other times it is something else.

There's plenty of great threads in the Life forum about potentially lucrative side businesses. The best one that I've seen is WeekendCasanova's here.