rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cali, Colombia

Cali, Colombia

I will be moving to Colombia in the fall and I am thinking of going to Cali. Of course you will say to go to Bogota, Medellin, or Cartagena, as they are all better; but the fact is the job is there and so is the research that I will be doing.

So, has anybody been? Thoughts? Insights?

Cali, Colombia

I'll be there this weekend so you wont be in the dark for long.

Cali, Colombia

mooooney$$$

Cali, Colombia

Just spent the weekend in Cali.

Cali is like Disneyland for drunk people. There are bars everywhere. People in chivas drinking. There's not much to do during the day besides a zoo and a mall to look at fake boobs.

People will tell you about fake tits in Cali and you'll think, "Yeah, yeah." Then you get here and you'll see that it's an understatement. I think every woman is required to get implants when they hit 15.

Club area - Manga. You pretty much can't go wrong on this side of town. I went to Lo Las and Mangos. Both were pretty solid. If you're staying at a hostel make sure you negotiate with the cab driver before going and coming back. 10,000 or nothing. Don't let the cabbies fuck you over.

Cool bar - Bourbon St. Gringo hang out but there were a ton of gorgeous women here. Waitresses are banging and speak English.

Salsa is required. Seriously, if you're staying here for awhile get salsa lessons. Everyone is dancing and if you know a few basic steps and turns you'll get much further.

Make sure you befriend the guys that are with the girls. I usually try to talk to them first and have them introduce me. Otherwise your life will be threatened - this has happened to me twice. Last night a guy, who had his own girlfriend, got pissed that I was talking to the girls with him. He shoved my friend and the security guards had to break it up.

You need to befriend somebody in a group in order to get access to the table. Most people are sitting until they get up to dance salsa.

There seems to be a lot of old ugly dudes with incredible women in the clubs. I think this is why I prefer the middle class Colombian women. Now that I write this I don't know why I even bother spending time in clubs here. Maybe it's bc the women are retardedly beautiful.

I think direct game is better in Cali and Colombia in general. I had success in Argentina with indirect game and it doesn't seem to translate as well here. Maybe Roosh has some insights on this.

Cali, Colombia

sounds like my kind of place.

Cali, Colombia

It's still early for me in colombia to contribute but i will say that I hate salsa. If medellin makes me happy i'll skip cali for sure

Cali, Colombia

Quote: (05-04-2009 12:06 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

It's still early for me in colombia to contribute but i will say that I hate salsa. If medellin makes me happy i'll skip cali for sure

How you finding Medellin ?

Cali, Colombia

Quote: (05-04-2009 12:06 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I used to say that too until I saw Latinos swoop random girls of their feet in salsatecas.

My theory: If something helps you get laid faster, I'm open to doing it.

Cali, Colombia

I took a few salsa lessons in preparation for my trip to medellin, before it got cancelled. It is not hard to learn.

Cali, Colombia

Fu*k off, go to Cali Roosh.

Fake tits galore? Poorly done fake tits on rich girls?

My salsa is pretty badass for Canadian standards but I am sure I will be blown away by the locals.

How is the cost of living? how much did you drop in an evening getting drunk, taxi, etc.?

Thanks for the heads up about knowing the guys, too many stories of hot headed paras offing some guy for rubbing up on his puta.
- regards to this though, how does one get on the "in" with a big group? I have run into this problem in other parts of Latin America. If there is a big group of girls it is as easy as F*ck, but with the dudes it is always tricky.

Cali, Colombia

Quote:Quote:

If something helps you get laid faster, I'm open to doing it

I rather learn how to play the guitar

Cali, Colombia

learning guitar takes months, to be able to play well, and sing those cliche songs to pick up girls, a year.

To learn Salsa, fifteen minutes.

Cali, Colombia

cali is also the salsa capital of the world, next to havana.

Cali, Colombia

Quote:Quote:

To learn Salsa, fifteen minutes

Lie. You can fake it if you have rhythm but it will soon get extremely monotonous without moves.

Cali, Colombia

Roosh, what's the verdict on Medellin?

Cali, Colombia

Pending...