rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to handle AMOGs when you don’t speak the language

It’s happened to me a few times now where I’ll go out in a foreign country with a wing, be doing well in a set (but speaking English), then out of nowhere some local guys who they barely know will start speaking to the set in the local language and shut us out. It’s frustrating because if they’re half decent it seems hard to defend against, it’s easier for them to joke / make conversation because of the lack of communication problems.

I was wondering, has anyone else experienced this problem, and as a foreign guy is there any good way to deal with it?

Quote: (05-26-2018 04:27 AM)peacepeace65 Wrote:  

As a foreign guy is there any good way to deal with it?
I'd say the best way is via learning the language, especially if it's a place that you intend to visit multiple times or has uses for more than one country (French, Spanish, Mandarin and Russian etc.), knowing the language becomes a major plus compared to Joe Schmo with his English only approach.

I'm currently learning French as outside the major metropolitan areas of France, English skills suck for the majority of girls and the same applies to Russia, South America, China etc. and so far on my odd trip to Rural France since starting, it's paid off with better connections than if I were doing the usual bumbling British tourist schtick of pointing and shouting what I want in English hoping they'll understand [Image: angel.gif]

Yeah obviously learning the language is the best way, but I’m asking specifically for the case where you’re in a country for a few days or weeks and don’t have the time to get fluent, or don’t plan on returning.

If you're jacked like Linux, you probably won't be AMOG'd often. Being as big and intimidating as possible goes far in places like China where the people are smaller. It may not totally stop AMOG attempts but it will cut down on them significantly. In places where people are bigger and more extroverted, like the Carribean, it might be liable to get you in a fight if you try to intimidate locals.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (05-26-2018 05:53 AM)peacepeace65 Wrote:  

Yeah obviously learning the language is the best way, but I’m asking specifically for the case where you’re in a country for a few days or weeks and don’t have the time to get fluent, or don’t plan on returning.
Honestly, a phrase book will help likewise as Fortis said, be physically superior as well as having your style on point, look like you belong and you'll find people don't interfere unless you've screwed up your chances.

I know how to say "Im rich and have a big dick" in 37 languages...so far

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (05-26-2018 12:46 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

I know how to say "Im rich and have a big dick" in 37 languages...so far

I use the term "millionaire with a six-pack", but it's comparable.