rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to approach Social Media

I've often heard that social media is the face of superficiality and the sphere of females. And based off all social evidence, women are the primary users of said technology, with many examples of male followers to a female one, and some vice versa, though at this point it's mostly celebrities and other high status men.

On facebook in particular, everyone I know are mostly leftist, considering a lot of my friends are from college. My primary disposition about it and other social media outlets is avoiding it. It lacks facial reading, voice inflections, and the like. Be that as it may, I still occasionally interface with people through these outlets, mostly facebook. Family, friends, and future hook ups.

How do you guys approach facebook/ snapchat/ twitter/ etc? Do you keep your feelings separate from it and remain a small reply here and there participant to avoid getting into heat discussions? Do you only speak to very close friends or family, avoiding political discussions altogether? To preface this, I lost a good chunk of people off facebook cause I fell into the trap over a year ago of trying to discuss civilly with people about why the world wasn't ending and why things were being exaggerated. I was in for a big rude awakening when they started attacking me as if I was harming them, calling me names and then removing me from the list. I know the common consensus here -- I wasn't into Roosh forum at the time -- is to let people like that go, but it was my first time I experienced people I broke bread with in college just leaving me cause they put me in the same crowd as this faceless opposition that was stressing them out in their lives. That experience has made me a lot jaded over time as far as the internet goes, and how it devalues us in human communication.

Anyway, not to stray too far from the topic, as far as human relationships are concerned, is social media best to be ignored? Or should it be another place where we put on a mask, and leave any personal thoughts or controversial opinions out of it?

Do not discuss politics on social media. Period.

There is zero value in trying to convince other people of your opinions, and the downside is you become alienated from friends and family. Especially in the political climate that we're in now, there is no reason to do this. As WSP says... Smile, nod, agree, ignore. Throw in a token comment here and there to make it think like you agree with the popular opinion.

As for social media in general, there are ways to make it useful. Check out the Instagram thread. I have gotten a lot of value by building up an Instagram following and showcasing bits and pieces of my life on it.

Quote: (05-20-2018 01:20 PM)BlueResolute Wrote:  

I've often heard that social media is the face of superficiality and the sphere of females. And based off all social evidence, women are the primary users of said technology, with many examples of male followers to a female one, and some vice versa, though at this point it's mostly celebrities and other high status men.

On facebook in particular, everyone I know are mostly leftist, considering a lot of my friends are from college. My primary disposition about it and other social media outlets is avoiding it. It lacks facial reading, voice inflections, and the like. Be that as it may, I still occasionally interface with people through these outlets, mostly facebook. Family, friends, and future hook ups.

How do you guys approach facebook/ snapchat/ twitter/ etc? Do you keep your feelings separate from it and remain a small reply here and there participant to avoid getting into heat discussions? Do you only speak to very close friends or family, avoiding political discussions altogether? To preface this, I lost a good chunk of people off facebook cause I fell into the trap over a year ago of trying to discuss civilly with people about why the world wasn't ending and why things were being exaggerated. I was in for a big rude awakening when they started attacking me as if I was harming them, calling me names and then removing me from the list. I know the common consensus here -- I wasn't into Roosh forum at the time -- is to let people like that go, but it was my first time I experienced people I broke bread with in college just leaving me cause they put me in the same crowd as this faceless opposition that was stressing them out in their lives. That experience has made me a lot jaded over time as far as the internet goes, and how it devalues us in human communication.

Anyway, not to stray too far from the topic, as far as human relationships are concerned, is social media best to be ignored? Or should it be another place where we put on a mask, and leave any personal thoughts or controversial opinions out of it?

I think in our world today, it's a tool. And a very handy one.

Just because you can live without computers or the internet does or doesn't mean you should. There was no online-game like 20 years ago. Now there is and it has taken it's toll on the classic night bar/club games.

Even if you do not use the social media for online games (tinder, pof or okc) it can still help boost your DHV if you post the right things. So it's a very useful tool if used right