rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

More women backing out of divorces as court settlements shrink in UK

Quote:Quote:

Rise of women backing out of divorces as court settlements shrink

"You know honey - I have reconsidered - how about we make it work?"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05...ts-shrink/

Women are backing out of divorce cases because settlements are becoming less generous, experts have said.

Fewer wives are being awarded income for life and they are increasingly having their divorce settlement limited to a few years.

This is making some of them back off from going through with a split, law firms say.

In a landmark case in 2014, the High Court ruled that judges should prioritise a "transition to independence", even if this involved "a degree of (not undue) hardship".

Figures from the Ministry of Justice published last year show that orders for ongoing payments had fallen by five per cent since 2011, while lump sum orders, which allow for a clean break, had risen by 10 percent.

The rest is behind a paywall and I am not going to pay for that. I would rather pay a Russian hacker to get me the article even as a billionaire.

I wonder how much the divorce rate would sink if we got the old British divorce law back:

+ legitimate reasons for divorce with cash, prices and kids are only proven physical abuse and severe financial neglect (he splashing out on custom suits while kids are starving)

+ in all other cases women should be able to divorce the following way: pack your bags & shit, kids stay with dad and you can leave without a penny, enjoy your divorce honey!

My guess is that divorces would fall 80-90%. Even a modest reform results in changes.

Also the hilarious part of the article is that women are BACKING OUT OF DIVORCES AFTER FINDING OUT THAT THEY ARE NOT GETTING ENOUGH FINANCIAL SUPPORT!!!!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Guess what would happen if fake rape accusations would be persecuted? A drop of 60-80% of rape allegations per country would follow.

Women ..... confirming Red Pill wisdom every step of the way.

Dear Lord. If I had any serious assets and for some reason got the impression that my woman was angling for a payday I would hock everything, buy gold, hide it and "develop a gambling problem".

After that I'd develop business contacts in a country away from Australian jurisdiction.

Being lower class is not without its perks.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Its quite a predicament when the law on one side says you have the same rights as a man and thus you can work anywhere without discrimination and then the other says it will award you no-obligation money for life or over an extended period of time.

Oh to be a woman in 21st Century Britain, such hardship.

These changes have come about because well off men have challenged and won divorce settlements. The law needs to catch up and see men and women as equal and not award money for life because the female made some sort of sacrifice. She didn't and it was a partnership.

Get a job.

This is great news, but I'm confused. Why would the judicial system of such a cucked, white knight country make the prospects of divorce unappealing to women when that country is trying to destroy traditional marriage and men?

Quote: (05-12-2018 04:36 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4780258]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Dear Lord. If I had any serious assets and for some reason got the impression that my woman was angling for a payday I would hock everything, buy gold, hide it and "develop a gambling problem".

After that I'd develop business contacts in a country away from Australian jurisdiction.

bitcoin might be easier. you can lose money insanely fast betting 100x leverage on bitmex.

Quote: (05-12-2018 08:36 AM)Suits Wrote:  

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4780258]

Aw Suits. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

My slowcooked rosemary roadkill is to die for.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (05-12-2018 05:40 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

These changes have come about because well off men have challenged and won divorce settlements.

I'm not convinced this is the major reason. It's more likely the legal system is beginning to realise that their punitive divorce laws against men are eroding their tax base (men) and need to quit it before the country implodes from their social safety net spending.

Not only are men incentivised to leave the country after receiving a divorce rape judgement, they are disincentivised to work or find work. Putting men in jail for not paying child support costs a lot money. For compliant men, the divorced women are earning tax free income and freebies which lowers tax revenue because the women don't need to work to earn a living.

The single mother family is incentivised by the courts and this has created heaps of neighbourhoods collecting welfare and child support, never working a day. The resultant children don't get jobs and become welfare recipients themselves and don't have kids because homes are unaffordable and jobs are scarce. Taxes are handed out more than collected creating a feedback loop that keeps eroding the tax base.

Another thing not mentioned is that British secular men are opting for islamic marriage and Sharia courts because these largely sidestep the judicial system. Basically, everyone that isn't clueless knows government marriage is a scam and they are running away to avoid it. It's only now that the British government has realised they have to tweak the laws to keep their tax mules happy or face the threat of economic collapse.

Personally I've given up on the vague notion that the elites are somehow on the verge of financial collapse. I've been hearing that stuff for ten long years. "They can't keep piling up the debt!" "The tax base has eroded to the point of collapse!"

Don't bet on it. The trillionaire globalist cabal can infinitely cover the trite tax base losses on marital degradation with the proverbial change under their couch cushions.

We are on this ride to the last stop or until we shank the driver.

Quote: (05-12-2018 10:00 AM)[email protected] Wrote:  

These changes have come about because well off men have challenged and won divorce settlements.

I'm not convinced this is the major reason. It's more likely the legal system is beginning to realise that their punitive divorce laws against men are eroding their tax base (men) and need to quit it before the country implodes from their social safety net spending.

Another thing not mentioned is that British secular men are opting for islamic marriage and Sharia courts because these largely sidestep the judicial system. Basically, everyone that isn't clueless knows government marriage is a scam and they are running away to avoid it. I...

WOW! Is that really true? I tried searching for examples but I could not find any, though some results strongly hinted at it. Would that include men from racial & ethnic backgrounds that are not traditionally muslim (non-South Asian, non-Arab, etc...)?

The single mother family is incentivised by the courts and this has created heaps of neighbourhoods collecting welfare and child support, never working a day. The resultant children don't get jobs and become welfare recipients themselves and don't have kids because homes are unaffordable and jobs are scarce. Taxes are handed out more than collected creating a feedback loop that keeps eroding the tax base.

Another thing not mentioned is that British secular men are opting for islamic marriage and Sharia courts because these largely sidestep the judicial system. Basically, everyone that isn't clueless knows government marriage is a scam and they are running away to avoid it. It's only now that the British government has realised they have to tweak the laws to keep their tax mules happy or face the threat of economic collapse.

NO argument about the tax base, though I doubt that the government is concerned about it - they want to abolish all family anyway.

As for men choosing only Islamic marriage at mosques - that only concerns Muslim men and of course they do that. But I don't think there would be many secular men ironically concerting to Islam and then ironically marrying a Muslim woman. There is is no hipster-conversion to Islam and if his believing Muslim wife finds out that you are essentially an apostate, then I doubt that you will come back from your next visit from Islamistan - or her brothers take care of you and add you to the UK crime stats.

Secular Muslim men who keep up appearances - yeah - that is an option to them - and they can even marry 3 other wives on top of that importing 17yo brides from Bumfuckistan.

I'm not certain about the stats but I did read about it. I doubt it's at a significant number but it is a thing. Women that get married like this and go for a quick divorce realise "sorry sweetie, your marriage wasn't a state recognised one. No freebies for you."

Yeah, like no need for expensive dental cleaning visits.

The less teeth you have, the more you save!

[Image: 11.jpg]

Born Down Under, but I enjoy Slovakian Thunder: http://slovakia.travel/en/nove-zamky

Quote: (05-12-2018 10:33 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Personally I've given up on the vague notion that the elites are somehow on the verge of financial collapse. I've been hearing that stuff for ten long years. "They can't keep piling up the debt!" "The tax base has eroded to the point of collapse!"

Don't bet on it. The trillionaire globalist cabal can infinitely cover the trite tax base losses on marital degradation with the proverbial change under their couch cushions.

We are on this ride to the last stop or until we shank the driver.

They can cover it alright, using your savings and super funds:

https://www.ainsliebullion.com.au/mobile...fault.aspx

Countries like the UK, Canada, Australia, NZ and a slew of other ones already passed legislation to plunder your savings account and super fund when the next GFC happens.

While you might claim to not have much in the bank, I doubt the same is true for your super fund. I have less than 100k in mine and have pulled it into my own SMSF which I used to purchase Bitcoin. I control the private keys and it is impossible to confiscate it. Everyone else's money is ripe for the taking.

I doubt Australians will care. This will go through without a hitch like the last gun buyback. People will even defend it.

Precisely. They'll take what they want, when they want to.

I'm putting my meager super into rural land that I can make use of. I figure it's much harder to yank assets than a bunch of ones and zeroes on a server somewhere.

If the sheep want to get up in arms about it then I'll tag along. If they want to bend over and take it in the ass, well that's their option too. I'm pretty much done shilling for the revolution. No need to be faster than the lion. No need to martyr myself fighting it alone either. Let it eat the slow ones until the rest regain their senses.

Not only are men incentivised to leave the country after receiving a divorce rape judgement, they are disincentivised to work or find work. Putting men in jail for not paying child support costs a lot money. For compliant men, the divorced women are earning tax free income and freebies which lowers tax revenue because the women don't need to work to earn a living.

You make valid points but British law can be altered over time with successive court cases of a particular nature. In this case it is very well off men or those in the middle class hiring lawyers who keep to the same sort of attack - why does the woman deserve this financial package in the modern age when there is no evidence she cannot support herself financially by working?

Quote: (05-12-2018 11:44 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Precisely. They'll take what they want, when they want to.

I'm putting my meager super into rural land that I can make use of. I figure it's much harder to yank assets than a bunch of ones and zeroes on a server somewhere.

If the sheep want to get up in arms about it then I'll tag along. If they want to bend over and take it in the ass, well that's their option too. I'm pretty much done shilling for the revolution. No need to be faster than the lion. No need to martyr myself fighting it alone either. Let it eat the slow ones until the rest regain their senses.

I did some research and was surprised to find out that you can pretty much get away with that. When a bail in happened in Cyprus, only bondholders in Cyprus banks and depositors with more than 100,000 euros in their accounts were forced to write-off a portion of their holdings. I imagine it'll be similar in most countries. Your farm will probably be safe since it would have to be made liquid before it is confiscated.

Source: https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-a-bai...rk-1979089

Quote: (05-12-2018 11:44 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

If the sheep want to get up in arms about it then I'll tag along. If they want to bend over and take it in the ass, well that's their option too.

The sex life of an Australian, right there.

Just don't marry them Leonard, they'll take you for all you've got.

She wants a divorce, finds out her settlement means poverty then wants you back. What do you say to that? Pretend to go along, bang her a few more times as you're looking for other women then sign the divorce papers?

No one would agree to stick around, right?

Quote: (05-13-2018 12:21 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

She wants a divorce, finds out her settlement means poverty then wants you back. What do you say to that? Pretend to go along, bang her a few more times as you're looking for other women then sign the divorce papers?

Unfortunately divorce would still be a lose-lose result for anyone but the upper-middle classes upwards. It's possible that some case of upper-middle-class divorces are getting reconsidered, because the prices are too low for those women. But whether the men are Red Pilled enough is another matter. Men are trained by society and the media to always give women another chance.

Quote: (05-13-2018 01:05 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (05-13-2018 12:21 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

Unfortunately divorce would still be a lose-lose result for anyone but the upper-middle classes upwards. It's possible that some case of upper-middle-class divorces are getting reconsidered, because the prices are too low for those women. But whether the men are Red Pilled enough is another matter. Men are trained by society and the media to always give women another chance.

It's lose lose even when you're lower on the financial totem pole. I stupidly got married when I was 22 years old and filed for divorce at age 24. At the time I was enlisted in the service. We had no kids, no shared assets, rented, owned our own cars, had our own bank accounts.

She was a graduate student and had a part-time job with the university. Also being my father practiced family law I was smart enough to get a prenup but did not realize that was for what you came into the marriage with. At the time I was reserve of sorts but I got deployed once during the separation. I also had a side job with a tech startup that did insanely well. I had started working there a week after we separated.

The fucking lawyers dragged the divorce out two years in which I'd been promoted 4 or 5 times in the tech startup plus twice in the service. Before the divorce was final I was making more than 5 times what I was pulling in before we separated. I had to give up half my salary for 2 years to support her at my then age of 26.

The liberal cuck Judge not only halved my civilian income but my reserve income as well which also included a retro-active order of half of what I saved tax free on deployment. I ended up having to sell my car, lose my apartment to pay that and spent 6 months living in a boarding house with a bunch of jailbirds, drunks and addicts because it was all I could afford. My then girlfriend finally convinced me to live with her and covered a lot of the rent because of the retro-active settlement was liquidating an additional 30% of my income until that was paid off.

My only luck was the state we divorced in had instituted a new law that if a couple was married under 5 years that alimony could not exceed 2 years.

I then had to still fight a civil case for another 1-1/2 years after the divorce to retain my stock options in the tech company but luckily came out on top in that case.

To reiterate, there was no abuse, infidelity, kids or shared assets in the marriage. It was a pure vindictive attack on me because she found out I was dating another girl a few months after we separated. After she found that out it went from a uncontested divorce without lawyers to full on war.

Needless to say I will never get married again unless the woman is incredibly wealthy. Maybe if she was willing to sign periodic postnups I might consider it. But I've heard stories where women claimed in divorce proceedings they were threatened with bodily harm if they didn't sign it in which voided the agreements.

It's dangerous everywhere. I think anyone getting married in the west is (likely) committing financial suicide.

It doesn't appear this has much to do with boosting tax revenues. Families are of course more economically productive than singles. The anti-conservative party are currently trialing an online divorce service for about $750.

Don't worry we know it's socially safe as it's been trialed by left-wing poster boy, Gary Lineker and talked up by another twice divorced supreme justice, anti-Brexit, feminist. That there is no criticism of this anywhere, includingly the supposedly conservative Telegraph sums up the situation. No one in Britain under 50 has heard an argument against no contest divorce in the fear it might be a hate crime.

Quote: (05-13-2018 05:17 AM)gework Wrote:  

It doesn't appear this has much to do with boosting tax revenues. Families are of course more economically productive than singles. The anti-conservative party are currently trialing an online divorce service for about $750.

Don't worry we know it's socially safe as it's been trialed by left-wing poster boy, Gary Lineker and talked up by another twice divorced supreme justice, anti-Brexit, feminist. That there is no criticism of this anywhere, includingly the supposedly conservative Telegraph sums up the situation. No one in Britain under 50 has heard an argument against no contest divorce in the fear it might be a hate crime.

Adultery can be as vague Rape accusations in some ways and still hold in court. An important note is in most courts in America it's still considered adultery if you hook up with another woman after separation and pre-divorce finalization.

That's actually what fucked me despite affidavits and two actual mutual female friends that came to court to defend me. One was her college roommate that literally told the judge my ex wife was a pathological liar. While I did hook up with a girl during the separation her claims were I verbally abused her all through the marriage. And literally produced zero evidence of this. If anything I detached from the marriage completely the last 6 months we lived together, I refused to even argue with her.

My ex-wife was a Ivy league graduate so that was instant credibility. Judge dismissed an email she sent to me regarding her admitting to growing mushrooms and weed in our apartment attic but substantiated mental abuse on her from me responding to her to get the fucking shit out of there because I was being reviewed for a security clearance at the time. I went ballistic calling her a irresponsible idiot ect... on skype. That was verbal abuse on her according to the judge. He actually said why didn't you report her.? I said I was in fucking Afghanistan! He proceeded to ask why didn't I call a friend or the police like she was devoid of all responsibility.

The experience felt like the court was literally trying to find anything and everything possible to protect her interest.

This topic getting close to a decade later still hits a button in me. It took me until I was almost 30 to recover from a 2 year marriage that ended when I was 24.

I actually had a warrant for my arrest put out for contempt of court while sitting in Germany recovering from nearly having my arm blown off in combat. I was completely sedated and missed two alimony payments. When I got back to the states the judge while I standing in a cast up to my neck said I should have prepared to have someone take care of my affairs before I deployed. While he dismissed the contempt of court shit he said to me before I left thanks for your service but you need to take care of your personal affairs first. Let me also note when I got home and went to the court (on my own to squash the warrant) they and handcuffed my good wrist to my belt loop while I waited to see the judge.

Luckily my family was there or I don't know what I would have done. It was humiliating I can't even describe what that felt like today. One thing about war is it helps you develop patience and some emotional restraint.

Sorry for the rant but don't get fucking married. If you do get a church marriage if it's a religious thing for you. Don't let any women tell you it needs to be official with the state or government to be valid. At least in the US the tax benefits and ability for her to get on your insurance is not worth the risk if it ends in divorce. Even cohabitation is a risk an many states in the US. Live separately if possible unless you have kids.

Marriage laws in the West are always slanted towards the woman - the US being one of the worst offenders. Note that the feminist country of Sweden has a relatively easy form of divorce that is at least not financially crippling for most. Of course the woman has tremendous power if there is ever a disagreement, but most of the drama is not there.

In the US there are in addition high financial interests - depicted in the documentary Divorce Corp.

In this documentary you see that many women get screwed as well - just differently.

Here Rusell Crowe having to sell his shit in order to pay for his divorce. And note how the uppity TV bitch is joking what his next wife at the divorce will get.

Our culture is utterly anti-male and designed to destroy families as well as the bond between man and woman.

I don't think this has anything to do with feminism, or divorce rape or culture or anything. I think this is purely economical.

There aren't as many men out there anymore that have the kind of assets people used to.there's also way more personal debt. Marry your college sweetheart, you both owe the government 70 grand. The kids don't buy a house and settle down anymore.

What's the point of going through all the divorce court bullshit if there's really no money in it. A higher percentage of divorcing dudes also probably don't have high enough paying jobs to!warrant much of a crap worth of alimony either.

I can see courts and judges and especially lawyers steering people away from divorce. There's just not as much money in it as there used to be.

Aloha!