rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Very nice USA 2br apt, dirt cheap, road race scene?

TLDR: Very cheap USA nice 2br apartments where you can get packages, not deal with druggies? Not the sticks. Beautiful surroundings and roads mandatory. Mountains desired. I dislike heat and tolerate cold just fine.

I'm about ready to pull the trigger, go solo, and and build a software prototype and see where that takes me. Got about 740k USD saved up from wage slaving and investments that panned out. It doesn't make much sense to stay on the present course anymore, and more importantly I emotional and physically probably can't much longer. The business details are essentially irrelevant to this post and involve a niche market that has nothing to do with the internet. The salient point is I'd be staring at a computer screen and typing for ten hours a day for at least six months, and probably more like twelve months. After that I'd start seriously running down my cash pile on sales efforts, with a lot of flights and hotel stays. I'd be burning money on contract hires all the while, most likely.

The whole plan means a year, maybe two, of zero income. Staying where I am ($$$ east coast USA) makes no sense for the prototype phase. I need ultra low burn rate. I need a two bedroom apartment (separate room to serve as office), with excellent climate control and no distractions like drugged out neighbours or insects in the place. I need a place to grab a beer where I don't want to murder anyone. I need reliable package reception to get electronic hardware, english language technical reference books from Amazon, and American mail on two day delivery. And, here's the twist: I need good bicycle riding routes and a road racing scene. I would at the same time like to shoot for Cat-2 road racer status. There is no way I will be able to succeed in this business venture without heading out daily on an invigorating bike ride in beautiful surroundings. I would blow my brains out if I tried this in Manhattan, even if it were affordable. Meeting up with a road crew for a hard ride once a week would be ideal.

I feel like anything overseas is unlikely to make sense, though I could be convinced otherwise. This is not about getting laid. This is purely a nose the the grindstone affair. I also have zero patience for language or cultural bullshit or any level of corruption. If this goes well I'll grease palms, laugh at inefficient mail service, and improve my shitty Spanish in three years, but not now. I need USA level legal and mail infrastructure at a minimum.

My current best guess is that parts of Ohio, West Virginia, western PA, or North Carolina might meet my criteria. I have exposure to these places. Most of the west half of the country is a blank to me outside of SoCal, which I find totally uninteresting. Never been to Texas, and maybe San Antonio makes sense. I'm here to solicit ideas for further research.

Let me re-iterate that I want a spacious two bedroom apartment with no bugs, no druggies or noise nearby, working climate control, and reliable package reception. Can this be had for $600 USD per month anywhere? A bunch of quiet oldsters next door would be ideal.

[Image: pancake_bunny.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

I'm talking about riding road bicycles and building software/hardware companies in the glorious USA on the cheap. It's not hard. Pay attention.

Where are you from? Because you're going to need an editor included in your budget. Most of the stuff you mentioned is not possible. 600 bucks for a 2 bedroom in San Antonio? Not happening. Not even in Kingfisher Oklahoma. A passable 2bd might be 900. Or you can go to some shithole in BFE but then you won't have a racing scene.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Not exactly sure what road racing means, if that is two skinny wheels riding on pavement 100+ miles then you should look at Tucson, AZ and Silver City, NM.

Tucson is large enough to have affordable housing, Silver City is small and bum fuck enough to have affordable housing.

Both have cycling communities.

Silver City just had the Tour de Gila, a fairly well known road event. Tucson has hundreds of miles of road and 330+ days of sunshine each year and at least one race whose name escapes me.

Tucson will have much more options for nightlife and women, University of Arizona is local, and a large outdoor scene (biking, hiking, running). Tucson is surrounded by "sky islands" which are mountain ranges that rise out of the desert. Silver City is a small community at the edge of the Gila Wilderness and is a mix of cowboys, miners, hippies, artists, and outdoorsy types.

Colorado would probably be ideal, but cost prohibitive. Durango may fit your price range.

Flagstaff AZ would be my first choice given your criteria, but not sure if it fits the budget.

tldr:

check out:
-Flagstaff, AZ
-Tucson, AZ
-Silver City, NM
-Durango, CO

The first 3 all have colleges and likely affordable housing. They all have top notch natural beauty nearby. The top 3 are guaranteed to have road racing and all 4 will have MTB.

Surely you're making $30k a year minimum passive?

First place that came to mind was Colorado. No idea about prices but man that's a beautiful place for cycling in the summer.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/805030?lo...s=Dma3q1Ey

You could get something like this down to your price range easy.

Check in semi-rural central florida, such as Ocala or Gainesville.

Gainesville is a college town so it will have engineers, computer stores, etc. country is flat which is good for cycling. Beach is an hour. Has an airport that is served by Delta but flights are infrequent and expensive. Orlando is 1.5 hours and has inexpensive flights to almost anywhere in the world.

Yeah, $600/month is going to be tough to pull. First thoughts are something out west:
- Park City Utah or another cheaper Utah city
- Reno, NV or Sacramento CA
- something up near Big Sky Montana

Colorado would have been my first pick, but OP said no druggies.

I don't know, there's a lot of requests for one location

Quote: (04-29-2018 03:47 AM)LaFleur Wrote:  

Colorado would probably be ideal, but cost prohibitive. Durango may fit your price range.

Flagstaff AZ would be my first choice given your criteria, but not sure if it fits the budget.

tldr:

check out:
-Flagstaff, AZ
-Tucson, AZ
-Silver City, NM
-Durango, CO

The first 3 all have colleges and likely affordable housing. They all have top notch natural beauty nearby. The top 3 are guaranteed to have road racing and all 4 will have MTB.

Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for.

The $600 remark was a bit rhetorical. Are the rest of you thick or something?

I guess the Lycra must have compressed OPs balls to make him this pissy....

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Quote: (04-30-2018 10:05 PM)bobthebob Wrote:  

Are the rest of you thick or something?

Yes. My IQ score is a mere 87, but there's no law against being stupid and having an Internet connection.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (04-30-2018 10:05 PM)bobthebob Wrote:  

Quote: (04-29-2018 03:47 AM)LaFleur Wrote:  

tldr:

check out:
-Flagstaff, AZ
-Tucson, AZ
-Silver City, NM
-Durango, CO

Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for.

The $600 remark was a bit rhetorical. Are the rest of you thick or something?

Recently, there has been a spate of new forum members with low post counts creating garbage threads about random stuff that they can simply Google on their own. So, many long-time members are simply sick of it.

You have not explained why did not just Google this information on your own, narrow down the choices to a handful of cities, and then post intelligent questions here to ask about those finalists. The U.S. is the size of Europe (excluding Ukraine), so including all of the U.S. within the scope of your question is somewhat nonsensical. Moreover, this information is everywhere on the web:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/citie...?a=viewall

Quote: (05-01-2018 04:22 PM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

You have not explained why did not just Google this information on your own...

...or where he plans to get his ADD medication refilled that far out in the middle of nowhere.

In all seriousness I will say this - if OP is talking olympic-level cycling and eyeing Colorado, be careful which part of it you choose. Back in the 1990s the increased traffic got bad enough for a lot of elite level trainers to move away from Boulder. Not to mention the idiots on their iPhones nowadays, and road raging retards. I know there are still top athletes in that area but as with anything location - and research on that location - matters.