rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Warming Up" a Girl Over Text

You fancy a girl on the street. You approach her. You run your game. She's laughing, you're vibing well. You get her number. All in 5 minutes.

Now what?

THIS IS WHERE MOST GUYS LOSE THE GIRL!

- If you text too soon, you come across needy.
- If you text too late, she'll have forgotten who you are.
- If you call her, she won't pick up.
- If you text her to ask her out a date, she'll feel awkward about meeting a random stranger alone and either not respond or flake.

So how do you make the transition from number to meet?

(And let's say that an instant date wasn't feasible - both you and her were busy and had places to go.)

Text logs from guys who've managed to get dates from quick number closes would be good. Let's see how it's done.

This is a good thread, I feel you 100% on your points, but I think a lot of it boils down to stuff that's out of our control. Mostly on where a particular girl is at in her life, as I posted about a day game number close that resulted in a pretty damn mediocre date with a girl who is currently in a LTR. Does she have a boyfriend, is she currently being a female player and fucking three different guys, did she just get out of an LTR, is she looking for a rebound, are you her "ideal" type of guy?

Unfortunately if you're pretty average height and average looking like myself (for the most part), you're not that tall, buff, handsome guy that she fantasizes about sweeping her off her feet. Super tight game, a really strong frame, postive/fun vibe, confident presence, etc. will be necessary.

One thing I've noticed a few PUA guys mention are mentioning ideas for dates or doing fun stuff together, ideally this will be a natural extension of a conversational thread that you're talking about, if you're really good maybe you can direct the conversation that direction.

Example: you are talking to a girl about organic food, and how must Americans eat so much unnatural processed food, she comments on how she likes a natural diet, you mention that there's this really cool local festival based on organic food vendors from restaurants, caterers, etc. that only use local, organic, etc. Then say how you went last year and it was cool, but none of your friends were into going, because they all live off mac-n-cheese and top ramen, then say, you know what you "seem really cool", maybe we should check it out together.

Now this might be too soon to propose dates, but if the vibe is strong, conversation is built, she's investing, and asking questions, it maybe the difference between a girl being down to hang out, or not even responding to your intitial text.

Quote: (09-22-2011 10:58 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

This is a good thread, I feel you 100% on your points, but I think a lot of it boils down to stuff that's out of our control. Mostly on where a particular girl is at in her life, as I posted about a day game number close that resulted in a pretty damn mediocre date with a girl who is currently in a LTR. Does she have a boyfriend, is she currently being a female player and fucking three different guys, did she just get out of an LTR, is she looking for a rebound, are you her "ideal" type of guy?

This. ^

Unfortunately, timing (in the sense of you coming into her life at X or Y moment) has a lot to do with your success rate with a particular chick.

Sometimes, a girl would be open to you any time of any other day out of the year, but today is just not your day. Maybe her cat died, it could be anything.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I've had serious problems in this area. Number closing really doesn't mean anything anymore. After a good interaction and a clear intent to do something in the coming days it usually goes like this:

Me: Hey it's [my name] from [venue]. Tonight I'm going to [do what was discussed at first meeting].

Girl: I can't because [insert random bullshit about work or getting a pedicure or something].

I just say fuck it and move on at that point. No point in wasting any more time.

Warming up by text is tough. Its so impersonal and unemotional. Its tricky to use humor because jokes and sarcasm get lost in translation. She can't hear your voice or feel your "vibe". Its an attempt to seduce a woman without being able to look into her eyes, read her body langauge, touch her, or even talk to her. I don't like those odds.

"Warming up" a girl is much easier in person. I try to make such an impression on her in the first approach that she anticipates my first call or text. I like to push the limits during that first interaction. How far can I take it? Can I touch her? Can I get her to touch me? Can I get her laughing and smiling? Can I get her to ask me personal questions? Makeout?

If I can do some of these things on the first approach. I know she is "prepped" for my first text/call. I already "sparked the flame". If you don't "spark" any flames in person, it might be tough to do it by text. Better to "spark" in person and use text to "feed the fire".

This is why I try to push buttons on that first approach. If she doesn't like my style and is gonna reject me, she can do that in person. I'm not gonna pretend to be "Mr. Niceguy" just to get her number, only to have her ignore my texts later. I go hard on the approach and try to build as much chemistry and comfort as possible. I want her to remember me and think about me for the next few days, anticipating my text/call.

Also, I think calling shows more balls. I know they probably won't answer but I call anyways. I want to show her that I am not like other guys. I am not afraid to call. I have been working on my method for leaving messages. I try not to be plain and "vanilla". I put music on in the background, call from crowded venues, and lie my ass off. I want to capture her interest and imagination. I want her to think that she never met a guy like me.

Of course, as we all know, texting is just part of the Game nowadays. We all use text to try and get laid. So, its important to work on your text Game. But, if you are trying to build attraction and comfort by text I think its gonna be tough most of the time. Texting is a tool to "fuel fires" not for "sparking fires".

Now I will post some text diolouge for my last 2 bangs...In a seperate post...After I go workout and have lunch..

Good advice Gio. Let's see those text exchanges.

Quote: (09-23-2011 08:51 AM)Vitriol Wrote:  

Me: Hey it's [my name] from [venue]. Tonight I'm going to [do what was discussed at first meeting].

If you're having to remind her who you are, where you met, etc. you're off to a bad start.

"Warming up a girl over text" sounds ridiculous.

Pick up the phone and call her.

Quote: (09-24-2011 08:21 AM)jariel Wrote:  

Most younger girls won't answer phone calls. Especially from "randoms".

How do you warm her up enough to answer the phone?

Quote: (09-24-2011 09:17 AM)Mace Wrote:  

Quote: (09-24-2011 08:21 AM)jariel Wrote:  

Most younger girls won't answer phone calls. Especially from "randoms".

How do you warm her up enough to answer the phone?

When getting a number I always frame it as an exchange. That way she's giving you her number, and you're giving her yours. When she puts your name and number in the phone, she knows it is you when you call or text.

Your initial meeting needs to be strong, if it's not strong, then you can't afford to wait 3 days to call her, because by that time she's forgotten you.

Text game is important, but I think initially you need to call her up. If the girl won't talk to you on the phone for five minutes, then I wouldn't expect her to be down for much else.

And most college girls won't pick up the phone - they want to avoid potential awkwardness.

It seems like there is a small margin for error on these quick closes. I know ideally you want a good 20min+ interaction but often logistics dictate that you have to go for the quick close and I think there is a way to wrangle it if replies can be tight enough so no need to have them go to waste.

Good thing is I can easily get fast numbers to test this out - run loads of buying temp material then close them on a high point within a couple mins then do it on another. This isn't a long term solution obviously. Just got to practice my text game.

Quote: (09-24-2011 09:57 AM)Mace Wrote:  

And most college girls won't pick up the phone - they want to avoid potential awkwardness.

I mean, just look at this rationally for a second.

A girl won't pick up your phone call to avoid awkwardness, but she'll go out with you?

She'll come hang out at your place?

She'll fuck you?

I mean really, when a girl is down, she's down, when she's not, she's not.

P.S. I'd never ask a girl out on a date via text. Texting her confirmation or any other pertinent details after the fact is fine. If she won't pick up the phone to be asked out, then she doesn't deserve to be taken out and shown a good time.

Here are the exchanges for the last 2 girls that I banged. I will start with the verbal exchange that I used in the initial approach and then give you a slightly abbreviated version of the text exchange that followed.

Girl #1: Walking thru a college campus, I saw a girl wearing some tight pants with little openings along the outer thigh, very sexy, young latina..

Approach Dialogue..

me: nice pants, those are hot
girl: oh, thanks
me: those make me wanna have a drink and go dancing or something
girl: haha
me: you must not be from around here?
girl: I'm from LA
me: I could tell, girls around here don't know how to dress
her: I noticed that
me: how long you been up here?
her: blah,blah, blah
me: U smoke? (weed)
her: sometimes
me: blah, blah, blah

We walked and talked for about 2 blocks. She kept giggling, which I like. I
asked for her number and she gave it to me.

Text Exchange:

2 days after I met her. I waited 2 days because it just felt right. We had a fun and lively conversation when we met. I didn't want to let that momentum die down..

me: Hey little mama, I just got out of class, wanna smoke?

20 minutes later..

her: I'm not on campus, I have a job interview
me: k, handle your biz
her: thx

3 days after that..

me: this weather is fucking up my wardrobe!
her: lol I didn't know it was this bad
me: we get our summer in sept/oct
her: oh
me: u gotta have some cold weather fashion
her: I am realizing that
me: whats your schedule like later this week? lets kick it
her: not sure, ill let u know
me: k, keep it saucey
her: i will

At this point I decided that I will not contact her anymore. I told her that I wanted to kick it, so the ball was in her court.

2 Days later..(friday night around 7pm)

her: whats up?
me: chillin, u?
her: bored
me: wanna hang?
her: ok

Blah, blah, blah

I picked her up, we went to the store to get food and also so I could build some comfort before suggesting that we go to my house to smoke. After about 20 minutes in the store, I said.."wanna go kick it my house and smoke a j".

2 hours a later she was on my couch, with her shirt off, and sitting on top of me.

Banged the next date.

Girl #2:

Approach Dialogue..

Me: Cool bag, is that from Peru?
Her: Hah, it looks like that doesn't it? But I got it in Alabama
Me: What? Alabama?! I was thinking more like South America or something
Her: I know, my aunt got it for me. Hey what language were you just speaking?
Me: Oh thats Portuguese. From Brazil.
Her: I was wondering were that was from. It sounds cool
Me: Do you speak any other languages?
Her: No, just English, but I'm practicing my Italian.
Me: Portuguese is the cousin of Italian.
Her: Are you Brazilian?
Me: Ya (not true), how bout you?
Her: German and Italian

Blah Blah Blah. I knew she was feeling me because she was giving me good eye contact, smiling, laughing, and asking me personal questions.

Her: It was so nice chatting with you
Me: Ya, you too, why don't you give me your number and we can get a drink or something sometime.
Her: Ya, I'd be down for that.

Handed her my phone.

3 days later...

me: hey nina
her: hi gio
me: what time is your break tmw? wanna hang out?
her: sure my break is 11-2
me: ok, lets meet at 1
her: ok where?
me: the same spot we met
her: k

Next Day. We met and walked around campus for a while. Since she is a freshman, I showed her some cool, secret spots around campus. No makeout but some light touching.

2 days later..

me: another campus tour tmw?
her: sounds good, what time?
me: I get up there around 1
her: ok I have class at 2
me: ok, trxt you when I get up there.

Next day..

her: im really sorry, i can't hang out today, how bout tmw?
me: no prob. what time tmw?
her: my break is 12 to 4
me: ok, around 130

Next day..

We meet at school and I suggest leaving campus to go somewhere sunnier. I say lets go to my neighborhood and I'll show you my new apartment.

2 hours later she has my cock in her hand.

Banged the next date.

As you can see, I didn't do much attraction and comfort building by text. Most of that stuff was done in person. Texting was just for continuing momentum and setting dates.

Of course, I do think its possible to "warm things up" by text, I just think its easier to do in person. But thats just me, I'm sure there are guys out there who can really get shit going over text.

Nice work Gio, I kind of run my text scheme the same way, simple and to the point.

I think the act of exchanging a series of text messages, whether they are flirtatious/fun/playful or not, may help a woman feel more comfortable and familiar with you, and make you feel like more than just a complete and total stranger in her mind.

Giovanny that's solid - it's the sort of detailed report I'm looking for. It sounds like you made a strong enough first impression that the girls were down to seeing you. How long were your interactions? You're an older guy gaming on a college campus - how do you explain that to your targets? How good looking are you?

Quote: (09-24-2011 07:44 PM)Mace Wrote:  

How long were your interactions? You're an older guy gaming on a college campus - how do you explain that to your targets? How good looking are you?

6-12 minutes, but they were good conversations, lots of solid eye contact and even facial flirting like little smirks and smiles and stuff. We really did make a little connection. Like we "got" each other.

I say I'm in grad school.

Maybe a little above average.

One thing that has helped me get better results is my wardrobe. I used to wear alot baggy stuff and tennis shoes and not cut my hair too much. Gradually, I have evolved into a more classic look of nice jeans, a white or gray v-neck, and of course good shoes. Since I switched to this look, I have been getting alot more eye contact and looks from girls. The fashion improvement alone has made me more good looking. And going to the barber shop every 3 weeks is important too.

Quote: (09-24-2011 10:25 AM)jariel Wrote:  

A girl won't pick up your phone call to avoid awkwardness, but she'll go out with you?

She'll fuck you?

P.S. I'd never ask a girl out on a date via text. Texting her confirmation or any other pertinent details after the fact is fine. If she won't pick up the phone to be asked out, then she doesn't deserve to be taken out and shown a good time.

I don't think you quite understand, it's not something that can be rationalized so easily. You can't blame a poor connection or bad game for a chick not picking up the phone. Young American girls (under 26) literally DO NOT pick up the phone anymore. It's a generational thing, this is just how these girls are today. We can blame technology and cultural shifts, so the answer is to hone your texting game... not to assume she doesn't deserve to be taken out (which even if it were true, isn't the best advice for beginners).

How old are you jariel? What kind of girls do you approach and how?

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (09-24-2011 02:51 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

This was an operative moment. I've used this line in a strange way, to "figure out how fun" a girl is. But I need to get a sack of this shit and start following through with the prospects who're down.

This definitely sounds like Tuthmosis-style day game. In fact, I know for a fact that I've commented on at least a dozen different girls' bags. Nicely done.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Here are the exchanges for the last 2 girls that I banged. I will start with the verbal exchange that I used in the initial approach and then give you a slightly abbreviated version of the text exchange that followed.

Girl #1: Walking thru a college campus, I saw a girl wearing some tight pants with little openings along the outer thigh, very sexy, young latina..

Approach Dialogue..

me: nice pants, those are hot
girl: oh, thanks
me: those make me wanna have a drink and go dancing or something
girl: haha
me: you must not be from around here?
girl: I'm from LA
me: I could tell, girls around here don't know how to dress
her: I noticed that
me: how long you been up here?
her: blah,blah, blah
her: sometimes
me: blah, blah, blah

We walked and talked for about 2 blocks. She kept giggling, which I like. I
asked for her number and she gave it to me.

Text Exchange:

2 days after I met her. I waited 2 days because it just felt right. We had a fun and lively conversation when we met. I didn't want to let that momentum die down..

me: Hey little mama, I just got out of class, wanna smoke?

20 minutes later..

her: I'm not on campus, I have a job interview
me: k, handle your biz
her: thx

3 days after that..

me: this weather is fucking up my wardrobe!
her: lol I didn't know it was this bad
me: we get our summer in sept/oct
her: oh
me: u gotta have some cold weather fashion
her: I am realizing that
me: whats your schedule like later this week? lets kick it
her: not sure, ill let u know
me: k, keep it saucey
her: i will

At this point I decided that I will not contact her anymore. I told her that I wanted to kick it, so the ball was in her court.

2 Days later..(friday night around 7pm)

her: whats up?
me: chillin, u?
her: bored
me: wanna hang?
her: ok

Blah, blah, blah

I picked her up, we went to the store to get food and also so I could build some comfort before suggesting that we go to my house to smoke. After about 20 minutes in the store, I said.."wanna go kick it my house and smoke a j".

2 hours a later she was on my couch, with her shirt off, and sitting on top of me.

Banged the next date.

Girl #2:

Approach Dialogue..

Her: I know, my aunt got it for me. Hey what language were you just speaking?
Me: Oh thats Portuguese. From Brazil.
Her: I was wondering were that was from. It sounds cool
Me: Do you speak any other languages?
Her: No, just English, but I'm practicing my Italian.
Me: Portuguese is the cousin of Italian.
Her: Are you Brazilian?
Me: Ya (not true), how bout you?
Her: German and Italian

Blah Blah Blah. I knew she was feeling me because she was giving me good eye contact, smiling, laughing, and asking me personal questions.

Her: It was so nice chatting with you
Me: Ya, you too, why don't you give me your number and we can get a drink or something sometime.
Her: Ya, I'd be down for that.

Handed her my phone.

3 days later...

me: hey nina
her: hi gio
me: what time is your break tmw? wanna hang out?
her: sure my break is 11-2
me: ok, lets meet at 1
her: ok where?
me: the same spot we met

Next Day. We met and walked around campus for a while. Since she is a freshman, I showed her some cool, secret spots around campus. No makeout but some light touching.

2 days later..

me: another campus tour tmw?
her: sounds good, what time?
me: I get up there around 1
her: ok I have class at 2
me: ok, trxt you when I get up there.

Next day..

her: im really sorry, i can't hang out today, how bout tmw?
me: no prob. what time tmw?
her: my break is 12 to 4
me: ok, around 130

Next day..

We meet at school and I suggest leaving campus to go somewhere sunnier. I say lets go to my neighborhood and I'll show you my new apartment.

2 hours later she has my cock in her hand.

Banged the next date.

As you can see, I didn't do much attraction and comfort building by text. Most of that stuff was done in person. Texting was just for continuing momentum and setting dates.

Of course, I do think its possible to "warm things up" by text, I just think its easier to do in person. But thats just me, I'm sure there are guys out there who can really get shit going over text.

beautiful texting man

so simple and effective

thanks for sharing it

Quote: (09-25-2011 05:58 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

Quote: (09-24-2011 10:25 AM)jariel Wrote:  

She'll fuck you?

I don't think you quite understand, it's not something that can be rationalized so easily. You can't blame a poor connection or bad game for a chick not picking up the phone. Young American girls (under 26) literally DO NOT pick up the phone anymore. It's a generational thing, this is just how these girls are today. We can blame technology and cultural shifts, so the answer is to hone your texting game... not to assume she doesn't deserve to be taken out (which even if it were true, isn't the best advice for beginners).

How old are you jariel? What kind of girls do you approach and how?

I have to call a huge BS on this whole "girls don't answer the phone anymore" crap.

I swoop have swooped countless girls this year from age 21-26 and I haven't had an issue. (The girls that didn't pick up the phone, didn't answer texts either).

And my "sample" is cross Geographical: Colombia, LA, Miami Beach, Argentina, Chicago, Palm Beach, San Diego, Spain, Montreal and where ever else I have been this year.

Jariel nailed it.

A girl is going to let you get her naked and swoop her, but she won't make a plan with you over the phone?

Come on.

You really think if she just met the coolest guy ever, she wouldn't pick up the phone if he called?

Hell, she would be picking it up on the first ring and probably fumbling her Iphone into her Starbucks jumbo latte with extra whipped cream because she wouldn't want to miss the call.

She is not answering the phone because, you never had her to begin with.

I touch on this here:

Business and Girls: Phone Game VS Text Game

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/08/bus...-game.html

Keep texting her like every other dork in the world and you will get what every other dork in the world gets.

I would rather be busting strong foundational Game and swooping.