rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anti-male job posting

Anti-male job posting

Yesterday I received this job announcement in the mail:

Quote:Quote:

This institution is committed to increasing the number of women in X posts and would therefore particularly welcome applications from women. Where there is a choice between equally qualified male and female applicants, a female applicant will be chosen.

I think this is detestable but I'm not interested just in complaining. This surely violates some kind of labour law. It's a German company, but is advertising positions in the UK. Where should one report stuff like this in the UK? I'd like to put and end to shit like this, or at least get them in hot water.

Related question: on a census for job applications, does it help or hinder your applicatoin if you refuse to answer questions related to gender/race/sexuality? Can anyone in HR speak from experience?

Anti-male job posting

That would absolutely be illegal in the US but I doubt it would be a successful civil suite and probably only warned if it came to some government action.

They should just do what everyone does and make obvious diversity hires, there's no reason to state that publicly except for of course virtue signalling.

Also from all my talks with my bosses and some HR in the tech industry it is illegal for them to require that information but think about being in their shoes. If a potential employee is being standoffish about something as simple as gender or race that's not a good sign.

Any time you refuse to give information it will damage the rapport with anyone, jobs are no different

Anti-male job posting

Why not telling them that you identify as a gay woman, if something can have more right than a woman it is surely a lesbian traps...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

Anti-male job posting

Delete

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Anti-male job posting

That is not illegal in the U.S. If you think that is illegal then you need to wake up. Complaining about it will only get you laughed at. Large U.S. employers usually will pick a female candidate over a male, even if she is somewhat less qualified, and especially for male-dominated positions. Big companies are a horrible work environment nowadays. All too often, diversity truly is their greatest strength.

Anti-male job posting

Fuck them. That company needs to die.

Speaking of which, I hope Google gets buttfucked, but that's a different thread.

Anti-male job posting

Quote: (04-23-2018 06:02 PM)Mr. Wolf Wrote:  

That is not illegal in the U.S. If you think that is illegal then you need to wake up. Complaining about it will only get you laughed at. Large U.S. employers usually will pick a female candidate over a male, even if she is somewhat less qualified, and especially for male-dominated positions. Big companies are a horrible work environment nowadays. All too often, diversity truly is their greatest strength.

I came across a similar ad a few months ago , and was flatly amazed at blatant discrimination, and wondering how in any way shape or form it is legal. Equal opportunity and all that means that you should be able to flip the noun to any other group, and have it still be fine. I would love to see an ad with any other group.

https://blogs.dal.ca/academiccareers/fil...1/3148.pdf

Quote:Quote:

To advance this mission, the Department of Earth Science invites applications for a tenure-stream position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in Geophysics. This position is part of the Dalhousie Diversity Faculty Award program, which aims to correct historic under-representation. In keeping with the principles of Employment Equity, this position is restricted to candidates who self-identify in one (or more) of the following groups: racially visible persons or Aboriginal persons.

This isn't even saying these people are preferred. It's flat out saying, "white folks need not apply".

Flip this script to any other group, and there would be boycotts, and crowds with pitchforks.

Edit: And just to touch on your second point, I used to work for a major oil company, the managers literally had financial incentives to keep the percent of female employees above 33% or so in their dept, this when like half that number are graduating. It was difficult, high stress work in shitty conditions and long hours, and it was shocking to see what sort of accommodations some women would get if it would prevent them from quitting.

Anti-male job posting

@Mr Wolf

It is technically illegal as fuck.

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/titlevii.cfm

However not enforced when a white male is being diacriminated against A smart lawyer may be able to risk his career on a civil suit and probably fail and some government agency may issue a warning but I doubt it.

It's rude to tell someone to "wake up" when they are just stating facts.

Say its "effectively" legal to discriminate against white men in the workplace and I would be inclined to agree.