rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cancelling/postponing a trip due to illness?

Random thread but recently took a short vacation but got a sick a few days before leaving (fevers/non stop cough).

Thought I'd tough it out but pretty much was fucked the whole time I was there, couldn't talk to women without coughing ....sounded like a bullfrog/felt like shit.
Had a bunch of matches on dating apps and it even fucked it up with a regular girl I see there.

Chasing broads wasn't the sole reason for the trip but it was def one of the reasons lol.

Any airlines/packages/websites (expedia etc) that are worth avoiding for cancellations? I've never had to look into it and I'd chalk it up to bad luck but I plan on doing a bunch of short trips with the roster I do this year ....normally my immune system is rock solid but I do work in an environment where I'm massively exposed to these kind of flu's/bugs/viruses etc.

My CC says it covers trip cancellations due to illness but I'm assuming this is if your limbs are falling off....

On the other hand does anyone vitamin up etc before going on vacation to avoid shit like this?

I once had a patient who went overseas while sick, it got worse over there, he got a pneumonia, and then his lung burst on the flight back.

Amazing that he managed to survive the flight and reach the ER. I was taught in medical school that a burst lung is pretty much fatal in flight because the low air pressure in the cabin causes a complete rather an a slight collapse of the lung.

Just saying.

Quote: (04-19-2018 02:09 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

I once had a patient who went overseas while sick, it got worse over there, he got a pneumonia, and then his lung burst on the flight back.

Amazing that he managed to survive the flight and reach the ER. I was taught in medical school that a burst lung is pretty much fatal in flight because the low air pressure in the cabin causes a complete rather an a slight collapse of the lung.

Just saying.

Very interesting I just got over a bout of pneumonia in Ukraine and flew here to Moldova, I'm no doctor but licensed paramedic and did a short stint as a dive medical tech and commercial diver and have never heard of this happening. Although we could not fly over 500 feet after a dive and were back helo'd to shore if a life flight was needed.

Was he on a scuba diving vacation? and flew right after a dive? because I have heard of some idiot scuba divers having that happen and dying via flying right after a deep technical dive.

I suffered type II decompression sickness, cutis marmorata, inner & middle ear barotrauma accompanied with POIS (pulmonary over inflation syndrome) (my left lung did burst) all at once after a vessel caught my umbilical and blew me up 5 atmospheres which was what essentially ended my short commercial diving career. I also could not fly for 6 months after. (I'm very lucky I'm alive much less walk. I somehow luckily didn't have AGE or Arterial Gas Embolization which is pretty much fatal)

I was treated on o2 cycles in a hyperbaric chamber at 65 feet of pressure for a few days on a custom treatment table which in the diving world is anything a US Navy standard decompression table 6 can't treat. I also had a chest port placed, after that I don't remember what all the dive doc did but he must have been some kinda genius because even my dick still works.

How long was the flight after his lung burst?

Did the pilots drop altitude or adjust cabin pressure?

What did they do in the ER after he arrived?

Shit thats pretty crazy Thomas & Nola!

Definitely wasn't even close to that bad but still haven't shaken this fucking thing yet!

I've got a pretty aggressive travel schedule so I might even do the MJ when getting on planes etc from now on as nerdy as it seems!