rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going to Shanghai in approximately four weeks, need advice from Roosh users.

Going to shanghai in approximately four weeks...

I will spend three weeks in China.

I have never been to China nor have chinese blood, but I am semi-fluent in Chinese (I am poly lingual).

I have befriended international chinese students in my American University, and I use we chat a lot.

I am 19 years old, and this will be first time traveling not only by myself, but also to the East Asian Region! Excited, but also nervous. Rest assured, I do have friends from Shanghai who will show me the ropes and such. I will stay in a good hotel near the city centre. I want to experience a high level of nightlife and hook up with good quality girls. I am not the tallest (180 cm) , but I do have decent looks and style. I have Pakistani and English blood, giving me more of a Greek-Turkish look. On the light side for skin color, but nowhere near as pale as your typical Northern European. I am fairly new to game and Red Pill Ideology, but I feel like China is an ideal place to get my bearings and gain some needed experience; furthermore, I am fully capable of chatting with someone in Chinese and have exposure to the fundamental aspects of chinese culture. Could people give me some more insight as to how to enjoy my time in China to the fullest? Like which clubs to party at, where to go to daygame, etc? After I come back, I have to started dedicating my life to studies, as the MCAT is one year from now. I really wanna play really hard, however I still have an online summer class for Calculus IV that will start one week into my China trip lol, so I will def need to procure a stable, efficient VPN. Any beneficial apps other than WeChat, tantan, and youdao that will help my experience? I also will plan on visiting three cities during the whole trip. I appreciate any and all advice as I am a tad bit nervous lmao.

Cheers

Delete

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

Delete

Quote: (04-15-2018 04:46 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Delete

how i delete?

Quote: (04-15-2018 05:00 PM)binarysunset69 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-15-2018 04:46 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Delete

how i delete?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

When it comes to China... there's a plethora on information available on the Forum. No one's gonna help you out on this one! Sit Down with a Pen & Paper... and hit the Search button my friend!

Quote: (04-15-2018 03:42 PM)binarysunset69 Wrote:  

I want to experience a high level of nightlife and hook up with good quality girls.

I guess this is semantics and depends on your definition of "quality." But to me, China is a place where you won't find "good quality girls" in nightclubs. You'll find P4P, cock-carousel-riding foreign-hunters, gold-diggers, and some 9s at tables with their sponsors. But "normal" girls don't go to nightclubs like they would in some countries. No real quality to be found, IMO.

Do you have a feel for chinese culture or do you simply just speak the language. China is the sort of place where your your results scale as much on cultural knowledge as they do on language knowledge. I think Global Entry makes good posts that demonstrate this sort of thing in The Shenzhen thread.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

I have never been to China...

I have befriended international chinese students in my American University, and I use we chat a lot.

...have exposure to the fundamental aspects of chinese culture.

Most Chinese people are pretty rough and I doubt you're prepared for that. The scholar's version of China and reality are two different things.

Chinese students in the US tend to be from well to do families and aren't a good reflection of average Joe in the street who chainsmokes, clears his phlegm every 5 seconds and will cut infront of you in lines etc.

Quote:Quote:

Could people give me some more insight as to how to enjoy my time in China to the fullest?

Have very low expectations and expect everything to be kinda rough. High unmet expectations = mood killer.

where to go to daygame

China isn't the west. If you're Chinese your family hooks you up with girls even if you're a total autist so you don't need game and day game is unheard of. Chinese people distrust strangers, moreso if you aren't pale whitey but possibly muslim looking which your self description hints towards as muslims in China are known for being thieves, drug dealers and petty conmen.

I personally think you'll lack to China experience to tell IOIs apart from curious looks and given that you're a tourist staying in a hotel that pretty much only leaves club game to you. SNL outside of clubs is more of a degenerate west thing.

Like which clubs to party at

Maybe go to Mansion if it's still around. It has more kids around your age due to it's proximity to an expat area (kids of expat managers etc.) or to M1nt if you can pull off the upper class expat look.

Quote: (04-16-2018 12:07 AM)AsiaBaller Wrote:  

I have never been to China...

...have exposure to the fundamental aspects of chinese culture.

Most Chinese people are pretty rough and I doubt you're prepared for that. The scholar's version of China and reality are two different things.

Chinese students in the US tend to be from well to do families and aren't a good reflection of average Joe in the street who chainsmokes, clears his phlegm every 5 seconds and will cut infront of you in lines etc.

I believe that he's actually an average Zhou.

I'm the King of Beijing!

You have many barriers on your mission to experience "high quality girls and nightlife": Your age, the duration of your stay, you will realize your Chinese isn't as good as you think it is, it's your first time in China, and TBH if you are really on the darker skinned side that will pronably work against you also not least because China's nightlife is full of Indians, Pakistanis, Africans working sketchy promoter/bar jobs.

But, I think three weeks is still enough time to get lucky here or there (make your Tantan look as good as you can, buy the VIP subscription and some super likes, unlike Tinder it's cheap as dirt), and it's definitely an experience that will teach you a lot about yourself and China as long as you don't let yourself get frustrated. You're so young that the outcome doesn't really matter as you will have more than enough time to come back to China a little bit wiser later on if you feel like it.

Quote: (04-16-2018 12:07 AM)AsiaBaller Wrote:  

Like which clubs to party at

Maybe go to Mansion if it's still around. It has more kids around your age due to it's proximity to an expat area (kids of expat managers etc.) or to M1nt if you can pull off the upper class expat look.

Was in M1nt once a couple years back. Apart from the obviously hired-gun slavic chicks, all the other chicks were garbage. Which was disappointing considering the place itself is pretty nice and upscale. However I suspect given it seems to attract a large volume of tourist types, the better looking local girls go elsewhere.

Place seemed to be full of tall model-like looking dudes dressed in suits and waistcoats trying very hard to get some ass. While the girls were in casual clothes, trainers and basically looked like they had been walking around town all day and just hadn't bothered their arse to go home to shower and change before going out

that said I only went once and could've just been a bad night...

Irish