rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Feds seize Backpage

Feds seize Backpage

Well the feds finally seized backpage. It just doesn't make sense because it was their honeypot anyway!
The safest way to get the goods is after midnight at a bar, always has been and always will be.

Feds seize Backpage

Bet the feds don't have the balls to bust all the instagram soft pros, seeking arrangement soft pros, etc etc. Backpage girls look nasty, drugged out, and diseased some people truly are desperate.

Feds seize Backpage

I, for one, am not hurt by this... Except for the whole hijacking of rights and stuff like that...

Feds seize Backpage

It’s a rather broad and draconian law they passed that has the potential to do harm to other websites.

1. Prostitution is the world’s oldest profession.
2. Prostitution will be the world’s last profession.
3. Despite anyone’s handwringing, prostitution is not going away.

Years ago I remember reading about how the internet mostly eliminated street level hookers. The new law takes all of the whores and puts them back on the street.

Here’s the problem with this law as it pertains to us for example. Let’s say a bunch of kid touchers sign up here. And they start talking about pizzas and shit. Then they start talking via pm with one another about the kids they want to trade back and forth. Roosh can then be held criminally liable for sex trafficking.

In simpler terms, if you own a convenience store and a hooker comes in and propositions a customer who accepts, you’re now liable for facilitating sex trafficking.

Feds seize Backpage

Write to Congress: Restore CDA Section 230 and Support Internet Bill of Rights.

Then, prepare for war. This assault on Freedom of Speech was well planned and it won't stop just at alleged "sex trafficking."

Feds seize Backpage

The cops love vague laws they can apply whenever and however they want.
They must have been really pissed though. Our local sheriff was having a great time stinging the shit out of people using backpage. It was so easy. Just post a pic of some random ho and low ball the price and they would scoop up a dozen morons. You think people would learn.

Feds seize Backpage

BULLSHIT LAW! Had to all caps that shit, this law is purposely vague and is being pushed to stop "sex trafficing" by making a service provider responsible for the behaviors of their customers.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Feds seize Backpage

By using the vague-but-all-encompassing phrase "sex trafficking," the government is now able to shut down any business or Web site with the flimsiest of evidence.

These laws actually have very little to do with human trafficking, which is not a crisis, but a hyped hysteria, like the satanic daycare centers of the 1980s.

As with "hate speech," anti-trafficking laws are actually a way for the government to do an end-run around the First Amendment. Don't like what someone is saying? Simply accuse them of having something to do with "human trafficking" and shut down their site!

Backpage.com was a place people could sell musical instruments, hire handymen, or buy all sorts of crap on the cheap. Only a fragment of it was prostitution. And yet they shut the whole site down.

I think it's only a matter of time until the Violence Against Women Act meets the "human trafficking" fanatics and the government starts coming for blogs and Web sites that "spread ideas of violence against women." That would include the manosphere.

When you see people coming for prostitutes and the like, don't be deceived. They're not really coming for the prostitutes. They're coming for you and me, and using the hookers as a means to silence anyone who engages in "wrongthink."

It's no coincidence this is happening after Trump's electoral victory. Deep inside government offices, wonks are scheming to find ways to make us stop communicating with one another. It will happen incrementally and under the guise of "doing good." This is the first step.

Feds seize Backpage

The Web site where people review hookers, The Erotic Review (TER), has blocked users in the U.S. from seeing it because of the new SESTA law.

It looks to me like it's only a matter of time until this hits SA and other sites. It's chilling to think that people in the U.S. are not allowed to see sites than can be viewed in other countries that don't have a First Amendment.

https://www.theeroticreview.com/FOSTA.asp

Feds seize Backpage

The hoes will just sneak onto other platforms. Instagram, Tinder, Seeking Arrangement, etc. All she needs is cryptic language, sleazy photos, and a burner phone with a text app and it's business as usual. No shortage of dudes who need tail and girls willing to charge for it.

Feds seize Backpage

The reason all this has gotten out of hand is because the law goes after johns and not the hos. White knighting by the justice system. The elephant in the room is hos love the money.

Feds seize Backpage

I liken this to holding the manufacturers of crescent wrenches accountable for assaults involving crescent wrenches.

Feds seize Backpage

Prostitution lowers rape rate - it's been field tested in Rhode Island in the 2000s with clear results.

But I guess they do want to go the way of Sweden which penalized heavily prostitution - there mostly the Johns.

Feds seize Backpage

Not surprising. Just another day in the U.S. sex prison. Constitutional rights be damned.

I agree, Seeking Arrangement will be on the chopping block in the near future.

Feds seize Backpage

They should outlaw dating while they’re at it. A girl can have a boyfriend, a guy she’s “seeing” and one she’s “talking to”.

None of which know about the other and all three are spending money on her.

If that ain’t hookin ...

Shit ...I’m about ready to 10-99 women if they order more than 1 drink. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Team Nachos

Feds seize Backpage

I agree with posters above, this isn't about the whores and trafficking. If it was we would see many prisons full of such people but that is not the case and it is merely a form of control.

Fake news started out as a hit piece, then a meme and now its mutated into actual government and social media policy culminating in fines, possible prison sentences and entire communities and websites shut down.

Trump might be the President but he isn't going to stop them all in 8 years.

Feds seize Backpage

Quote: (04-07-2018 03:52 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

They should outlaw dating while they’re at it. A girl can have a boyfriend, a guy she’s “seeing” and one she’s “talking to”.

If that ain’t hookin ...

Shit ...I’m about ready to 10-99 women if they order more than 1 drink. [Image: dodgy.gif]

They should outlaw marriage too. As I mentioned a few months ago on this forum, I know a guy who owns a big house and lets a woman live there. Apparently there is some "arrangement" going on. He works, while she stays home and provides "services" like cooking, cleaning, and you-know-what.

When questioned, he called her a "wife." Yeah, right. They both need good long stretches in jail. Isn't that what the land of the free is really all about?

Feds seize Backpage

Interesting article about SESTA/FOSTA. Hollywood is a major supporter. They want your internet filtered and controlled so it’s not unlike cable tv. It’s kind of like youtube demonetizing everything and then starting to introduce original content that is no different than what you see on cable or Netflix. They only want you to see what they want you to see. They want to dictate the narrative.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/201803...rnet.shtml

Feds seize Backpage

Quote: (04-07-2018 08:01 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Quote: (04-07-2018 03:52 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

If that ain’t hookin ...

They should outlaw marriage too. As I mentioned a few months ago on this forum, I know a guy who owns a big house and lets a woman live there. Apparently there is some "arrangement" going on. He works, while she stays home and provides "services" like cooking, cleaning, and you-know-what.

When questioned, he called her a "wife." Yeah, right. They both need good long stretches in jail. Isn't that what the land of the free is really all about?

I don’t think the man cares so much about hookin. I think he’s more concerned about maintaining appearances in the public’s eye.

We have that old world puritanical image to maintain.

It’s ok if our women are whores as long as they do it in private and call it something else.

Team Nachos

Feds seize Backpage

Quote: (04-07-2018 08:39 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Interesting article about SESTA/FOSTA. Hollywood is a major supporter. They want your internet filtered and controlled so it’s not unlike cable tv. It’s kind of like youtube demonetizing everything and then starting to introduce original content that is no different than what you see on cable or Netflix. They only want you to see what they want you to see. They want to dictate the narrative.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/201803...rnet.shtml

The Hollywood part of that is Viacom. They're the ones behind Youtube culling many videos with movies and TV content through copyright strikes.

Feds seize Backpage

I wouldn't be surprised if this was some sort of power play.

The Feds told Backpage "we're getting too many angry calls, clean your shit up" and Backpage either ignored them or gave them the finger.

A radical return to something approaching the intention of the Constitution in America can't come fast enough. It's gotten to the point that I would get on a plane to Canada and make my way down to the modern Valley Forge equivalent if it meant keeping the flame of liberty alive on this stupid planet, and maybe earning the right for me and mine to enjoy it if I made it through alive.

Fuck this gay earth.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Feds seize Backpage

Basically the law offers no explanation for how it protects children. But as many sources point out, by forcing hookers back to the streets it puts many of them in danger. Some people probably even think this will make a dent in prostitution. Makes me think of stringer bell.

“What, you think a nigga’s gonna get a job?” “You think...you think it’s going to be like ‘fuck it, let me quit this game here and go to college’?

Feds seize Backpage

Hopefully a judge rules this grab unconstitutional or it will suffer mission creep and they will start grabbing craigslist and other stuff. Then where the hell will I find my next shitbox car for a daily driver.

Feds seize Backpage

Craigslist has also been affected, as the "Sex Trafficking" law has forced them to remove their Personal Ad section.

Feds seize Backpage

I guess prostitution ads are ok as they’re not easily publicly accessible.

Membership type pages that require a login and password are fine.

Team Nachos