rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dog hates my prospective business partner

Been back home the past few weeks trying to cement some ongoing projects with my father.

I invited a possible future business partner, quite the renowned guy and expert in his specific technical discipline, to my parents house for dinner.

I did meet him twice beforehand and nothing about his behavior struck me as particularly untrustworthy. At the same time, none of his mannerisms led me to believe him to be a paragon of integrity either.

Our 11 year old family dog is a fine and generally well behaved Belgian Shepherd. Extremely friendly to close family and friends and largely non-chalant to everyone else. Never before have I or anyone else seen him behave the way he did when said prospective biz partner entered the compound.

He was out of control. Uncharacteristically violent bark, shaking, showingcasing his teeth, hysterics, running around the entire yard, coyote like sounds which we've NEVER heard him voice before - you name it. My father had to chain him up for our guest to enter the house and even after he did, he kept running around the house barking, whining and literally shaking from fear or anger. It got so bad to where I had to suggest we move to a nearby restaurant for dinner which we did.

Everything went okay for the most part but my dog's behavior has still left some doubts in my mind regarding the guy.

At the risk of sounding like a total idiot, do any of you think there is something to this or am I just over thinking this?

Would like to hear some opinions.

The guy probably was playing with another dog earlier that was in heat. Thats all.

Or he had a bomb.

Lotsa Belgian Shepard's are used as sniffer dogs for all kinds of stuff. Thats probably just in your dogs gene pool.

Some can even sniff out a yeast infection. It might not have been a man at all.

Food for thought.

Aloha!

I wouldn't make business decisions based on your dog's recommendation.

However, as always, do your due diligence.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (02-22-2018 10:23 PM)Not a Second Hander Wrote:  

Been back home the past few weeks trying to cement some ongoing projects with my father.

I invited a possible future business partner, quite the renowned guy and expert in his specific technical discipline, to my parents house for dinner.

I did meet him twice beforehand and nothing about his behavior struck me as particularly untrustworthy. At the same time, none of his mannerisms led me to believe him to be a paragon of integrity either.

Our 11 year old family dog is a fine and generally well behaved Belgian Shepherd. Extremely friendly to close family and friends and largely non-chalant to everyone else. Never before have I or anyone else seen him behave the way he did when said prospective biz partner entered the compound.

He was out of control. Uncharacteristically violent bark, shaking, showingcasing his teeth, hysterics, running around the entire yard, coyote like sounds which we've NEVER heard him voice before - you name it. My father had to chain him up for our guest to enter the house and even after he did, he kept running around the house barking, whining and literally shaking from fear or anger. It got so bad to where I had to suggest we move to a nearby restaurant for dinner which we did.

Everything went okay for the most part but my dog's behavior has still left some doubts in my mind regarding the guy.

At the risk of sounding like a total idiot, do any of you think there is something to this or am I just over thinking this?

As said earlier, do your due diligence.

What woof you do if his dog hated you?

Chinese culture is not particularly dog-friendly, so that canine bad vibe might be something that comes with the territory.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

What do you stand to lose by cutting ties with this character vs how much sleep are you going to lose in the future?

I know jack and squat about business, but I'm plenty familiar with cutting people out of my life simply because I have nagging doubts about them, even if there's no solid evidence of wrongdoing.

Your piece of mind is not negligible when it comes to risk/reward analysis.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Integrity is the single most important quality in a partner of any kind and you say this dude is not particularly so. Ditch him before you gnash your teeth in regret.

I don't know nigga, maybe put your dog away?

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Dang... I could prolly speak volumes on this, but I'll let them slide. The most important things have already been said.

1. Not a good idea to let the family dawg run your business

2. Is it unbearable? Is it something you'd have to live with?

My dog doesn't immediately trust most people, but once you've won him over, all is up for grabs. He would never bite me, but i definitely couldn't set him on a friend or family member he knows.

There's no doubt in my mind dogs have instincts about everything (much less people, or maybe even more so). But, unless you can speak dog, like Kona said, it could be anything that set him off.

This is in China?

Maybe he had just eaten a dog?

I'd also be pretty unnerved if I was a dog and someone that had just eaten a dog came in the room.

Is it really just the dog? You've got no other reason to suspect that something is up with this guy?

I think dogs pick up on a lot of smells and body language. There's not a whole lot of solid research into pheromone signatures but I believe they are really complex and nuanced things that largely go ignored consciously but have effects subconsciously. Thankfully body language had a lot more research behind it.

Don't let your dog make business decisions for you, that's silly. I would investigate into this person and test him covertly if my dog had such a reaction. Introduce him to other people in your life and get their opinions. At the end of the day you need to trust yourself to make the right decision. Verify his character

He could have been around another dog with a nasty pheromone signature, or a dog in heat, or he could be a slimeball. Trust but verify

Quote: (02-22-2018 10:23 PM)Not a Second Hander Wrote:  

What's a "Second Hander?" Other than what you're not...

^^^ I was gonna ask the same. Very curious to how this plays out.

How did your zebra act around the guy?

Aloha!

^^ I flushed him down a toilet. I had no choice.

[/quote]

What's a "Second Hander?" Other than what you're not...
[/quote]

Second-Handers

Isn’t that the root of every despicable action? Not selfishness, but precisely the absence of a self. Look at them. The man who cheats and lies, but preserves a respectable front. He knows himself to be dishonest, but others think he’s honest and he derives his self-respect from that, second-hand. The man who takes credit for an achievement which is not his own. He knows himself to be mediocre, but he’s great in the eyes of others. The frustrated wretch who professes love for the inferior and clings to those less endowed, in order to establish his own superiority by comparison . . . . They’re second-handers . . . .

They have no concern for facts, ideas, work. They’re concerned only with people. They don’t ask: “Is this true?” They ask: “Is this what others think is true?” Not to judge, but to repeat. Not to do, but to give the impression of doing. Not creation, but show. Not ability, but friendship. Not merit, but pull. What would happen to the world without those who do, think, work, produce? Those are the egoists. You don’t think through another’s brain and you don’t work through another’s hands. When you suspend your faculty of independent judgment, you suspend consciousness. To stop consciousness is to stop life. Second-handers have no sense of reality. Their reality is not within them, but somewhere in that space which divides one human body from another. Not an entity, but a relation—anchored to nothing. That’s the emptiness I couldn’t understand in people. Men without an ego. Opinion without a rational process. Motion without brakes or motor. Power without responsibility. The second-hander acts, but the source of his actions is scattered in every other living person. It’s everywhere and nowhere and you can’t reason with him

Ayn Rand

Not a Second Hander's team assisting him in making some critical business decisions:

[Image: dog-office-meeting.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

^^ i was so hoping someone would put up "Dogs Playing Poker." Guess I'll have to do it myself. You guys are slacking.

[Image: 81o6zeLsljL._SX524_.jpg]

Not a Second Hander's new VP of Financial Sniff Tests.

[Image: koda-office-visit-cco-0102.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

That's a legit tie...

Not to raise any alarm bro but sounds like the partner is a fucken Terminator.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Quote: (02-23-2018 03:15 AM)RIslander Wrote:  

Not to raise any alarm but sounds like the partner is a fucken Terminator bro.

Good call. Dawgs always did "out" the Terminators...

Quote: (02-23-2018 03:17 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

Quote: (02-23-2018 03:15 AM)RIslander Wrote:  

Not to raise any alarm but sounds like the partner is a fucken Terminator bro.

Good call. Dawgs always did "out" the Terminators...

^^ This.

NaSH's home office (start at 2:55):