rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How does wide spread promiscuity effect society?

Is it true that sexual promiscuity breaks down the nuclear family, family values, tradition, and society as a whole? Or is this just old, out dated conservative thinking?

Sexual promiscuity, along with feminism and LGBT movements, is part of a great concerted effort to move social responsibility in the family from the Father to the State.

The effects are manifold and complex. Some benefit from it, most suffer. What’s obvious is that by weakening family links, they are damaging the fabric of society and making it weaker and more dependent on a strong State. Why? Is it sustainable? No idea.

Here's a short article explaining why it, in fact, does effect society (negatively): https://ethikapolitika.org/2014/08/19/ci...tions-sex/

Quote: (02-21-2018 10:49 AM)Quizzical_2 Wrote:  

Is it true that sexual promiscuity breaks down the nuclear family, family values, tradition, and society as a whole? Or is this just old, out dated conservative thinking?

Maybe. Why do you ask?

1. When women now are turned into whores, they break up marriages and families.

2. Children who grow up in these broken homes will in many cases turn in to fuck ups.

3. Fuck ups will ruin the society by getting into criminality etc.

Repeat. No that hard.

Quote: (02-21-2018 11:03 AM)Montrose Wrote:  

Sexual promiscuity, along with feminism and LGBT movements, is part of a great concerted effort to move social responsibility in the family from the Father to the State.

The effects are manifold and complex. Some benefit from it, most suffer. What’s obvious is that by weakening family links, they are damaging the fabric of society and making it weaker and more dependent on a strong State. Why? Is it sustainable? No idea.

Said the boy who cheats on his wife day in day out, despite having a loving wife. Then again, you are a sneaky Frenchie, we couldn't expect much...

SHAME.

Conservative values at home, promiscuity away, the winning formula

Quote: (02-21-2018 03:40 PM)Montrose Wrote:  

You are SCUM like the rest of your tribe. I pity your loving wife, she deserves better.

I don't think there's any doubt about it. However, I'd say that male promiscuity is doing as much damage to the culture as female promiscuity, the two go hand in hand. It may not be a very popular view here but I would say that modern day weak men who are basically slaves to their libidos have created promiscuous females that we have today. Instead of demanding more chaste and feminine behavior from women, men just want to run around and score loose pussy but then complain at the same time about there not being any good girls left. You either have a more traditional society where everyone is a bit more responsible and thus healthier about their sexuality or you have the utter shit show that we have today. There's no wonder so many people are isolated, taking anti-depressant meds to dull their pain with this culture of random sex with no emotional attachment. Tinder and Bumble are not congruent with a healthy culture.

Quote: (02-21-2018 03:41 PM)Casanova1004 Wrote:  

You are SCUM like the rest of your tribe. I pity your loving wife, she deserves better.

Sorry young lady. Women are not permitted here.

Quote: (02-21-2018 04:00 PM)Baphomet Wrote:  

Quote: (02-21-2018 03:41 PM)Casanova1004 Wrote:  

Sorry young lady. Women are not permitted here.

I'm an honorable man and you should follow suit.

Quote: (02-21-2018 03:45 PM)doc holliday Wrote:  

I don't think there's any doubt about it. However, I'd say that male promiscuity is doing as much damage to the culture as female promiscuity, the two go hand in hand. It may not be a very popular view here but I would say that modern day weak men who are basically slaves to their libidos have created promiscuous females that we have today. Instead of demanding more chaste and feminine behavior from women, men just want to run around and score loose pussy but then complain at the same time about there not being any good girls left. You either have a more traditional society where everyone is a bit more responsible and thus healthier about their sexuality or you have the utter shit show that we have today. There's no wonder so many people are isolated, taking anti-depressant meds to dull their pain with this culture of random sex with no emotional attachment. Tinder and Bumble are not congruent with a healthy culture.

Actually its society's deterioration in terms of social mores for women that's allowed them to follow their baser instincts into promiscuity. Modern day weak men dont control the sexual market and often dont even participate.

The men that "score loose pussy" are the ones that play the game (literally) by the rules set forth for them.

Like the saying goes "Don't hate the player, hate the game"

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (02-21-2018 05:34 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

Actually its society's deterioration in terms of social mores for women that's allowed them to follow their baser instincts into promiscuity. Modern day weak men dont control the sexual market and often dont even participate.

The men that "score loose pussy" are the ones that play the game (literally) by the rules set forth for them.

Question is though, who is responsible for society's deterioration? Who allowed for the loosening of sexual mores for women? I'm not trying to absolve women for their role in the decay of our culture but they alone are not responsible. I would say that in years past, the majority of women followed the lead of some activist women and large numbers of men who actively worked to support feminism, more assertive female sexuality with birth control and abortion, divorce laws favorable to women and so on. I can't really agree that men are just playing by the rules set forth for them because this means that men are just passive players at this point in our society and have no say in the direction of our culture. Men could take a stand against all of this but too many guys are just interested in playing by the current rules to get laid while whining about how much the current rules suck. Probably because most guys like the rules the way they are but also want it both ways, ie. they love sluts but at the same time bemoan the poor quality of these women.

Again Papaya, I know most guys will disagree vehemently with me which is fine. It's the one place that I disagree with a lot of the gentlemen here but I really believe that we are where we are because of both genders, weak men too willing to give women what they think they want and pathetic, poorly behaved women who think they know what's best for us all but don't know squat. The perfect storm if you will.

Hmm... Who is responsible?

It's more of a sign of the times.

I wrote a long post a while back about how humans are adapted to function in times of scarcity. I think all humans are susceptible to addictions as a result. It's just in times past we were too damn busy and left wanting to be in a position to fuel those addictions.

Now we all live like kings or emperors and so it should come as no surprise that our lifestyle would match the excesses of Caligula.

Everyone are islands unto themselves because nobody feels they rely on anyone else. We have more food and creature-comfort and entertainment than we could ever hope to consume. Now thanks to Tinder and the like, sex is a cheap commodity and people are disposable.

We're already living in a Brave New World of soma.

Ever wondered why it is there's an opioid drug crisis in America?

Go turn on broadcast TV and make a note of what types of commercials you see. Back when I was growing up the FCC would not allow prescription drug commercials. But now every other ad is for some new prescription drug, complete with the slow-mo sunset lit parks with frisbees while they talk about side-effects of depression, death, and vomiting.

Everyone needs a sense of purpose. When life was nasty, brutish, and short, people clung to family and religion. Now people have nothing to believe in besides the hedonic treadmill. You see this moral listlessness in The Last Jedi, for instance. Empty social justice platitudes about everyone being special snowflakes and "don't judge" is the closest people come to a value-system, but all it really does is rationalize people's narcissism and hedonism.

So anyway, I don't see promiscuity as the cause as much as a symptom of humanity being ill-equipped to deal with too much surplus.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have surplus than scarcity, but I wish society would begin to recognize the root problem and start to advocate the benefits of more self-control, more emotional intelligence, and developing a sense of true purpose in life. It would be nice if women spearheaded that rather than celebrating this sort of lifestyle choice:

[Image: r-b-passedoutdrunk-p.jpg]

[Image: giphy-downsized.gif]

Quote: (02-21-2018 08:10 PM)doc holliday Wrote:  

Question is though, who is responsible for society's deterioration? Who allowed for the loosening of sexual mores for women? I'm not trying to absolve women for their role in the decay of our culture but they alone are not responsible. I would say that in years past, the majority of women followed the lead of some activist women and large numbers of men who actively worked to support feminism, more assertive female sexuality with birth control and abortion, divorce laws favorable to women and so on. I can't really agree that men are just playing by the rules set forth for them because this means that men are just passive players at this point in our society and have no say in the direction of our culture. Men could take a stand against all of this but too many guys are just interested in playing by the current rules to get laid while whining about how much the current rules suck. Probably because most guys like the rules the way they are but also want it both ways, ie. they love sluts but at the same time bemoan the poor quality of these women.

Again Papaya, I know most guys will disagree vehemently with me which is fine. It's the one place that I disagree with a lot of the gentlemen here but I really believe that we are where we are because of both genders, weak men too willing to give women what they think they want and pathetic, poorly behaved women who think they know what's best for us all but don't know squat. The perfect storm if you will.

Im not disagreeing that men were complicit in the evolution of feminism and how we "got here". Where I think we disagree is in the assessment "what now?"

Male promiscuity is an effect not a cause. Men are only as promiscuous as women allow them to be. . If men even tried to put some type up united front and withhold sex (which would never happen as it goes against a prime biological directive) but if they did what would happen? You think women would suddenly become chaste? No of course not. It would be the same as now only even more exaggerated in terms of the 95/5 rule (Top 5% get 95% of the market...same as any market) It'd be more like 99.9%/01% rule)

The only guys saying "the rules suck" are the ones that arent getting as much sex as they'd like. By the same token the same ones that are getting enough are the same ones that could settle down with one of the good women out there (and there are),...if they wanted to

Women able to fend for themselves financially (be it through career or the State) alternate sources of attention, etc are also mitigating factors. Their "need" for sex is different than a man's need...thats why they are unilaterally the gate keepers to the sex market. Take away their smart phones and social media and you'd have a better chance of making a dent in the slut "problem".

But that genie aint going back in the bottle. As such I for one can't in good conscience recommend any young man sentence their pecker to a Don Quixotesque celibacy crusade for the good of society. Especially since I'm certain Ive gotten way more than my fair share of slutgina in my years. Id be a hypocrite

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (02-21-2018 09:22 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

Quote: (02-21-2018 08:10 PM)doc holliday Wrote:  

Im not disagreeing that men were complicit in the evolution of feminism and how we "got here". Where I think we disagree is in the assessment "what now?"

Male promiscuity is an effect not a cause. Men are only as promiscuous as women allow them to be. . If men even tried to put some type up united front and withhold sex (which would never happen as it goes against a prime biological directive) but if they did what would happen? You think women would suddenly become chaste? No of course not. It would be the same as now only even more exaggerated in terms of the 95/5 rule (Top 5% get 95% of the market...same as any market) It'd be more like 99.9%/01% rule)

The only guys saying "the rules suck" are the ones that arent getting as much sex as they'd like. By the same token the same ones that are getting enough are the same ones that could settle down with one of the good women out there (and there are),...if they wanted to

Women able to fend for themselves financially (be it through career or the State) alternate sources of attention, etc are also mitigating factors. Their "need" for sex is different than a man's need...thats why they are unilaterally the gate keepers to the sex market. Take away their smart phones and social media and you'd have a better chance of making a dent in the slut "problem".

But that genie aint going back in the bottle. As such I for one can't in good conscience recommend any young man sentence their pecker to a Don Quixotesque celibacy crusade for the good of society. Especially since I'm certain Ive gotten way more than my fair share of slutgina in my years. Id be a hypocrite

No I agree that there is no putting the genie back in the bottle and I also agree that it's not fair to tell young men to unilaterally disarm and be chaste. However, the result of all of this though is that young men and women are getting seriously messed up by the easy sex, promiscuous culture that we have on our hands now. I'm mean it's one thing to be charming, good looking with good social skills that enable you to get women which I think is healthy for men to aspire to but the whole Tinder/Bumble stick your dick in any hole, obsess over sex culture is a disaster for both genders. Everything has consequences and as such, we have levels of depression, anxiety and degrees of mental depravity which are seemingly more acute today than ever before. We are truly living in an Aldous Huxley Brave New World dystopia. That's all I'm saying in response to the original question which was posed by the young lady who has since been banned. It's disturbing to me. Very disturbing.

Responsibilities lies mainly with lawmakers, but lawmakers are largely a reflection of society. Real cause is human nature/original sin.

It’s unfair to blame men. It’s like saying ‘inequality exists because some men strive to get rich. A good man should remain poor, then inequality will disappear’. I don’t want to blame women either, they are manipulated by powerful forces in the media and corporate world.

As PapayaTapper said, the weak men are not in on Tinder - because most men don’t get any pussy on Tinder. Fucking around on Tinder requires effort, skill and discipline. Weak libidinous men are watching porn in their cellar.

i would have to respectfully disagree with you. A promiscuous man and a promiscuous woman are COMPLETELY different for these reasons

1A. Unless a man is born into fame, that man will have to work on something to get women. Game is learning how to sell yourself and the art of persuasion. Working on your body and looks generally makes you a healthier person. and often times the skills needed for a man to get women causes that man to get rich therefore bettering the economy.

1B. A woman, on the other hand, can be a complete slob and a 2/10 or higher and still be a slut. These women don't have to work on anything in order to get laid. In fact the dumber and easier manipulated the woman, the bigger a slut she is.

2A. Competition causes men to better themselves to get other women. You might think this goes hand and hand with 1. However, if a man only has to be so great to get women he won't achieve big things. That ambition and competition cause great men to go above and beyond to well be great. Not all great men do it because of women. Nonetheless, all great (straight) men were at least slightly motivated by women (MLK is a great example. He had ulterior motives but still used his power to get even more women)

2B. Women simply don't compete in the same way. A woman competing for a guy is actually counterproductive. working on shallow things like make-up or hair instead of philosophy etc.

3. Men look up to other great men and try to emulate them. Fictional or none fictional promiscuous men are held to a high status (James Bond, Bruce Wayne, Leonardo, etc) Think about how great a man you would have to be in order to be like james bond. Cool, calm, collected, smart, charismatic, capable, smooth, talented, etc. Now think of a fictional or even none fictional promiscuous woman. Let's say, Rihanna, what does she have to offer besides her sexual energy (which is highly attractive)

Now I agree these men need higher standards. If higher up men demand women to be feminine, sweet and gentle. Then all women decide to make it harder BUT worth it for all men. Then society will start being great again

But that's my opinion and I do like a good chase lol most of these women are too easy nowadays

"You can't be broke and happy. So me, I'm mad rich"-Lil Wayne

"Give her an escape from reality, Give her a personal oasis and she'll always come back for more."

You either have a more traditional society where everyone is a bit more responsible and thus healthier about their sexuality or you have the utter shit show that we have today. There's no wonder so many people are isolated, taking anti-depressant meds to dull their pain with this culture of random sex with no emotional attachment. Tinder and Bumble are not congruent with a healthy culture.

Adding to this: it seems like empty sex is unfulfilling (even for men). If you compare intimacy with a lover vs a sporadic pickup ...the emotional connection provides alot of internal satisfaction.

Haven't you ever felt empty after sex with a woman you don't care about? Albeit, I admit my mindset seems a bit 'beta' but maybe it's the way humans are hardwired?

I like Dalrock. Although I'm not a Christian, he has some astute observations over the years, especially regarding women choosing to delay marriage and fucking alphas before they settle down with betas. Check it out:

dalrock.wordpress.com

I also agree with Dalrock that to fix the problem the focus needs to be on the women (slut-shaming them and social pressure to keep their virginity/marry young).

Do men contribute to the problem by being promiscuous? Yes. Is the problem going to be fixed through men? No, since as PapayaTapper explained, in reality all you need are a few players to bang all the women. And shame doesn't work with players.

I was a good beta into my mid-twenties. Yet I got no pussy. So I gave up on that and became a degenerate. For men, incentives matter. The reality is that instead of being a very productive member of society (and trust me, I was extremely productive), I'm spending an inordinate amount of time and effort in getting laid. Why be productive when you can game? Incentives matter, and right now women aren't incentivizing productive and healthy behavior men, but degenerate behavior. And so a degenerate I shall be.

Off-topic slightly, but this is why I disdain Jordan Peterson now. He's just building better betas, but he's not doing anything to change women's behavior and response set.

The moment women suddenly demand a man have a solid job, be dependable and all that before having sex with them, men would respond and start being productive members of society. JBP's entire spiel about sorting yourself out is hilarious once you realize he's setting young men up to be marriage material for aging sluts.

Again, Dalrock has some excellent posts on why men are dropping out and learning game: no sane man who can see what's going on is going to work his ass off in his twenties while his future wife sleeps around with degenerates. I can't recommend Dalrock enough.

See for example:

https://dalrock.wordpress.com/2012/03/30...rnication/

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

Quote: (02-22-2018 04:40 AM)ItalianStallion9 Wrote:  

Adding to this: it seems like empty sex is unfulfilling (even for men). If you compare intimacy with a lover vs a sporadic pickup ...the emotional connection provides alot of internal satisfaction.

Haven't you ever felt empty after sex with a woman you don't care about? Albeit, I admit my mindset seems a bit 'beta' but maybe it's the way humans are hardwired?

I see one night stands in the same light as I see prostitution. I've had neither but also have no desire to have either.....What makes sex fulfilling to me is the art of seducing that woman. If you get into a woman's mind and have passionate (but kinda rough) sex with her, It'll be the same as if you guys were newlyweds. (in terms of quality and her desire to want it ALL THE TIME)

Women generally have 4 sparks in their life.
1.When they're in a new relationship with a guy they're having sex with.
2. When they're newlyweds
3. When they're having an affair (or doing something wrong)
4. When they're sleeping with a celebrity or a huge crush.

"You can't be broke and happy. So me, I'm mad rich"-Lil Wayne

"Give her an escape from reality, Give her a personal oasis and she'll always come back for more."

This is interesting...I have a hypothesis we're going to see a split in the manosphere between the Gen X guys and the (especially late) Millennial guys on how to approach this issue. From the looks of it, it seems like Gen X has followed the apathetic/hedonistic approach, complete with Freud's ideas on sex and Rollo's approach of spinning plates. Looks like millennials might just end up rejecting all that and look for a more optimistic approach. Similar to how Jung rejected some of Freud's ideas, and amusingly enough perhaps it's not surprising that Jordan Peterson, channeling some of Jung's work, is becoming popular with millennials.

Gets especially amusing if you buy into the 4th turning theory with the whole 4 generations repeating themselves thing. Freud would be the Gen X of the previous cycle, while Jung would be the millennial.

We're already seeing inklings of younger guys rejecting the hedonistic approach. I expect to see more of it in the next few years.

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

I quote Freud on super-ego but I’m actually more Jungian. I dislike most of Freud’s theorie but not everything is bad. Nice analysis though.

More to the point: Gen X like me grew up in a time when sex was scarce for both social and logistical reasons. It influenced our thinking on the desirability of sex.
It is possible that Millenials view sex as less desirable, both because it is plentiful and because there are so many alternatives. Statistics show that people are having less sex than ever. Prostitution wages seem to be collapsing (last time I checked). I would not conclude that they are ‘more optimistic’ though. Even if they reject sex, I don’t think they will reject hedonism; on the contrary, they seem to reject sex because they are lazy.

Quote: (02-22-2018 04:40 AM)ItalianStallion9 Wrote:  

...the emotional connection provides alot of internal satisfaction.

It's not just sex. I don't think today's generation really understands what emotional intimacy really is, period, hence the selfie narcissism.

I also think it creates this dichotomy where women feel "empowered" to have shame-free sex on demand, and yet at the same time are triggered by any display of male sexual interest from guys they aren't interested in banging.

So we're in this situation where men and women meet on strict terms set by women, and yet the quality of these fleeting engagements is piss poor.

Along the way you have an endless blog-stream of whinefests where women simply blame the whole mess on men, come up with new and increasingly idiotic self-help ideas (like endorsing cuckoldry and cheating), etc...

I guess I'm pretty much black-pill at this point.