rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hair sucks (need advice)

Hair sucks (need advice)

What haircut that fits my potato head should I do? Looking for a serious advice here.
I did only try to find a new cut a few times but they didn't fit me well. So I stayed with my basic haircut that doesn't look good as you can see in pics. I don't apply any Cream , Or Gels.

https://imgur.com/a/vmJGy

Hair sucks (need advice)

Shave it. Seriously. Why worry about your hair?

Hair sucks (need advice)

Your head shape is not an issue, you just have an unflattering haircut. Not to worry.

I've posted about this before. What you need to do is look for fashionable celebrities who have similar hair and/or face as you. Do your homework.

When you go to the barbershop, don't explain to your barber what you want - take a picture with you and show it to them. Discuss it with him. Ask him what he thinks, if he thinks it will suit you. I can't stress this enough. I was embarassed about it at first - I used to just tell to "give me a trim" but my hair looked terrible. I didn't understand that I wasn't communicating properly to get them to cut it like I envisioned it.

Your hair looks kind of similar to John Mayer's early on in his carreer, except yours is a little shorter and more spiked up (if you grew it out more, it would probably weigh down and look like the picture below).

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

I've looked him up before because my hair was similar to his (and yours), although mine is curlier.

With a good hairstylist and some pomade, your hair can look like this in a few months (after you grow out certain areas):

[Image: john-mayer.jpg]
[Image: john-mayer-face-snapchat.jpg]

Nick Jonas has almost an almost identical type of hair as I do. This is the exact picture I showed my barber last time I was there:

[Image: download.png]

This cut would probably suit you as well.

As far as products go, ask your hairstylist after he cuts your hair. "What should I use to get it to look like the picture?". Easy. When my hair is longer, I like American Crew Forming Cream; now that it's shorter, I prefer a matte gel (I use a local brand). Gels and pomades make a world of difference in the final look.

Invest in a good barber, at least for a few haircuts, so you can experiment with different styles.

Hair sucks (need advice)

Quote: (02-09-2018 11:34 AM)Nick98 Wrote:  

What haircut that fits my potato head should I do? Looking for a serious advice here.
I did only try to find a new cut a few times but they didn't fit me well. So I stayed with my basic haircut that doesn't look good as you can see in pics. I don't apply any Cream , Or Gels.

https://imgur.com/a/vmJGy

Your hair is the wrong lenghth on top. Either grow it out so it sits flatter or cut it shorter so its less Elvis. Go for Ringo's 2nd or 3rd picture that he posted, not some giant bouffount hairdo like elvis.

Also, cut it straight across the back instead of having it longer in the center.

Hair sucks (need advice)

I agree with the gents above, go to a legit barber and start playing with different styles to find one that suits you.

Hair sucks (need advice)

Get your haircut by a barber who is italian or cuban and has been cutting hair since the vietnam war was going on. This should be standard protocol in my opinion. It'll be a sad day if these guys ever become extinct.

Secondary option would be the barbor in the hood where half where its all half hispanic or half black barbers. If you are kind of scared to be in the area let alone walk into the shop you found the right place.

Stay away from hipster barbers who take to long for mediocre product and over charge.

Never let middle aged white women at fantastic sams cut your hair,I've had one good one who's son was in the navy and did a good job but its gonna be a crapshoot so you're better off at other places;they don't care about quality as because they have x minutes to get your cut done as soon as they sit you in the chair(Hair stylist girl told me this).

Hair sucks (need advice)

Your hair doesn't suck, you have a good head of hair. Just go to a different place and I'd probably get it cut a little bit shorter, something similar to what Ringo posted.

Hair sucks (need advice)

You have the perfect hair to pull off a Kim-Jong-Un.

[Image: attachment.jpg38502]   

Seriously though, choose an haircut from these charts.

[Image: attachment.jpg38503]   

[Image: attachment.jpg38504]   

Hair sucks (need advice)

Its not that bad dude.

Hair sucks (need advice)

Hair's fine.

You just need some hair product (good quality) to texture it. Can also use blow-dryer to style when its wet for alternate shapes.

Hair sucks (need advice)

Quote: (02-09-2018 11:43 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

Shave it. Seriously. Why worry about your hair?

You kidding? This guy has great hair. I wish I had it.

Hair sucks (need advice)

Better barbers would instantly have different results, but it's not that bad.

Hair sucks (need advice)

You have a head full of hair, no receiding hair line and you're complaining haha.

Man, your hair is kind of dry, look for different shampoos and maybe some oil to give it more hydratation. As far as the hair cut. Get an undercut. That gets the job done.

Hair sucks (need advice)

Buzzcut with a #2. That's always what I did before balding. I have the same hair as you and could never find a style that I thought looked good. Low maintenance and made me look tough too.

Now that I'm balding I just shave it.

Hair sucks (need advice)

Going once to a god barber is a lifetime investment.
Tell him you have no idea what haircut fits you best, explain your expectations, ask him to surprise you and let him do his magic.

Once you find your perfect haircut, you can always show a picture to a cheaper hairdresser and they should be able to give you similar results. So even if you only go once in your lifetime, it pays of.

Also... no, your hairline isn't receding. Bad haircuts can make your hairline suck even with a full head of hair.

Hair sucks (need advice)

ugh what I would do for a full head of hair like that... you have no idea how good you have it (until you start to lose it).

Hair sucks (need advice)

Deleted

Hair sucks (need advice)

Going to the barber today. Wait for the Update!

Hair sucks (need advice)

Quote: (02-09-2018 07:09 PM)Rocha Wrote:  

You have the perfect hair to pull off a Kim-Jong-Un.

Seriously though, choose an haircut from these charts.

I love these charts. I would love to go with the Ted!

To the OP, your hairstyle is not going to make or break you.

Go to a salon in your area with good reviews, get an attractive, young stylist to do your hair. Beyond this, it will be non-hair aspects of your game that determines how well you do with women

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Hair sucks (need advice)

My hair used to look like yours

I'd recommend you stop using shampoo/conditioner. (I stopped a few years ago just cuz roosh recommended it)

Rub some coconut oil (preferably after a shower with damp hair) to get rid of that dry look.

Then use the advice above and find a decent Barber and find some pics online of anyone who has your type of hair.

Also taper the back so it grows out evenly and your new sexy haircut will last you a few more days.

Hair sucks (need advice)

I surfed the internet and came across this article.

https://bespokeunit.com/face-shapes/oblong/

Summary:
With its tall structure, the key to showcasing an oblong face is in controlling the hair’s proportions. Although most styles work well, too much length on top or too short on the sides will run the risk of elongating the face.

I highly recommed this article for anyone who've an Oblong face shape.It helped me a lot understanding whats better for my appearance.

I followed Ringo's advice, and went for the best barber available.Glad to say It made a huge difference.

Quote: (02-09-2018 01:00 PM)Ringo Wrote:  

Your head shape is not an issue, you just have an unflattering haircut. Not to worry.

Tends out head shape was kind of an issue.He pointed out it's narrower from the center and broader from the sides.

I tried to follow your advice on choosing a celebrity's haircut, But had trouble deciding what to go for.

Quote: (02-15-2018 02:07 PM)Stallion Wrote:  

Tell him you have no idea what haircut fits you best, explain your expectations, ask him to surprise you and let him do his magic.

I followed Stallion's Advice. I told him ' Do the best you think will suit me'

Quote: (02-09-2018 01:04 PM)Hypno Wrote:  

Your hair is the wrong lenghth on top.

He told me It's more about the volume occupied than its length. It's ok to have much length at the top as long as you're trimming it in a way that reduces its volume.

For him it was a matter of adjusting proportions to make the haircut suits the face shape that I had. Same as what was mentioned in the article above.

Quote: (02-09-2018 01:04 PM)Hypno Wrote:  

Also, cut it straight across the back instead of having it longer in the center.

Thanks for pointing this out. He actually did.

Quote: (02-11-2018 09:19 PM)lonewolf1992 Wrote:  

As far as the hair cut. Get an undercut. That gets the job done.

I asked him if an undercut will suit me. He disagreed. He told me it will only elongates the face.

He told me my hair is fine , Wether to apply Cream or not is a matter of choice and what do I prefer. I actually prefered it without Cream.Maybe I will have to try different types and then decide.

This is how it looks like with Cream applied.

https://m.imgur.com/a/0qY3D

I like it. That's actually the best haircut I've ever had, but I feel like I have to try something else and see how it goes down.

Thanks for the advice guys ! Will Post here an Update If I get a new cut.

Hair sucks (need advice)

No idea what "cream" is.

Hair product falls into the following categories: wax, paste, gel, mousse, pomade, spray.

They all create different natural/unnatural styles with shine/matte & texture/non-texture and hold amounts.

With longer hair you're really going to need some sort of product to maintain shape and texture.

Even that bedhead look you see in magazines? Yeah, that's all product for texture.

But that's a nice cut you received.

Hair sucks (need advice)

Cant see the pic but maybe he meant Bryl cream.

That stuff is decent.

Hair sucks (need advice)

Quote: (02-18-2018 11:51 AM)Nick98 Wrote:  

snip

Definitively an improvement. Congrats. Also glad to see it had a positive effect on you.

It looks like John Mayer's cut (as posted above), except shorter and more neatly trimmed.

Looks like a very classic cut. Was your barber an older or younger guy?

If I might add, I think you could look better if you trimmed your sideburns shorter and tapered the back more - but that's just my personal taste.

Hair sucks (need advice)

I agree with the previous posters- there is absolutely nothing wrong with your head shape, you just need to explore some more styles.

Your current haircut is definitely an upgrade but I think there's a couple improvements that could be made.

As Ringo pointed out- it would definitely look better if you had the sides and and back trimmed a lot shorter. Generally the length I ask for from my barber is a number 1.5 or 2 (the clipper length he uses corresponding to 1/6 or 1/4 of an inch) and to fade it up from the bottom (a 'low-fade'), and to leave the top longer- consider trying it out next time, I think you could definitely rock it.

Also in terms of actual hair styling, I think it always looks good to style your hair in such a way as to emphasize the part, you can either just use your comb to split your hair along the part before you add wax, or if you want to emphasize it even further you can ask your barber to shave in the part, I believe it's known as a 'hard part'.

Here are some pics for reference-

This is a low-fade with hard part
[Image: Short-Side-Part-Low-Fade-Beard.jpg]

This is a mid-fade with hard part (you can see the actual fading starts a bit higher up the head).
[Image: Mid-Fade-with-Hard-Side-Part.jpg]

High-fade with hard part
[Image: kieronthebarber_and-blow-dry-natural-loo...madour.jpg]

Check it out- I think it's a good classic masculine look which doesn't take much time to style (under a minute with a comb and some wax after your hair is dried), I think it could definitely suit you.

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew