rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

US regulators charge three bitcoin operators with fraud (following BTC value tumble)

US regulators charge three bitcoin operators with fraud (following BTC value tumble)

Just wanted to update everyone here with the latest news:

US regulators charge three bitcoin operators with fraud (This follows a huge tumble in bitcoin value over the past month.)

[Image: 1516385675243.jpg]

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/9...ce-Germany

More concerned about this

Quote: (01-19-2018 01:28 PM)[email protected] Wrote:  

[Image: 1516385675243.jpg]

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/9...ce-Germany

More concerned about this

You gotta be kidding me. Wonder what position the USA is going to take. God damn police state and global world order loving idiots. Look at that fat-ass Merkel laughing like a heffer.

Come on, Burner, you know better than that.

The article has no actual info, just a bunch of quotes from a rando who runs a fucking INSURANCE company, not even a financial company?

This isn't Reddit.

Quote: (01-19-2018 01:48 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

Come on, Burner, you know better than that.

The article has no actual info, just a bunch of quotes from a rando who runs a fucking INSURANCE company, not even a financial company?

This isn't Reddit.

LOL, I really hope that this is the case.

And your article isn't much better, to be honest.

The SEC has been doing enforcement related to cryptocurrency for at least 2-3 years now. These actions take serious time to put together, and the odds it has ANYTHING to do with BTC's price downturn are basically nil. They've always held that fraud using cryptos is the same as regular fraud, and they've prosecuted plenty of people for it. This isn't news.

I have to read enough of this nonsense everywhere else, don't particularly need it here.

Quote: (01-19-2018 01:56 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

And your article isn't much better, to be honest.

The SEC has been doing enforcement related to cryptocurrency for at least 2-3 years now. These actions take serious time to put together, and the odds it has ANYTHING to do with BTC's price downturn are basically nil. They've always held that fraud using cryptos is the same as regular fraud, and they've prosecuted plenty of people for it. This isn't news.

I have to read enough of this nonsense everywhere else, don't particularly need it here.

Trust me when I say that I hope this is the case. Just like everyone else here, I will continue to engage on & off with BTC & other cryptocurrencies.

The only opinions on crypto matters you should care about are of banks' and central banks'. The rest are incoherent mutterings of baby-boomer cucks. Look at the investor list of Coinbase which includes New York Stock Exchange, USAA, and other major banks, hedge funds, and various venture capitalists.

The biggest bank of Japan and 4th largest in the world, Mitsubishi, will release its own coin in March. St. Louis Fed published a favorable opinion on cryptos a week ago. They are comparing bitcoin to gold. Belarus completely legalized and made tax free all crypto operations. Look at VeChain which is partnering with Chinese government. This list can go on.

https://files.stlouisfed.org/files/htdoc...encies.pdf

All Big Four firms are working with various startups and adopting block chain solutions. Do you think these people are stupid and haven't calculated all risks? Meanwhile, Macron should take care of his grandma a.k.a. his wife. No comments on Merkel.

Remember that regulation means legitimacy. If anything it's a driver to move the price upwards, not the other way around.

Regulation - good
Ban on Bitcoin - impossible

a ban on crypto is practically uninforceable. They will push regulations and in the short term the price will take a hit just like the China/Korea FUD. The SEC thing is actually non-news.

Although I'm not suggesting that a ban on crypto is in the wings, if it occurs then it won't be done in order to utterly destroy bitcoin etc.

It will work the same way as banning guns. You might keep them in secret but it forces you to keep your head down and shut up about it, thus removing you from a strata of political advocacy.

Like most police states, it will form part of a net that in theory catches everyone of interest, so they can pluck you whenever they like because virtually everyone is technically a criminal.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Governments can certainly ban cryptocurrencies in the future:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesprodu...15d45a20cc

This is always a risk. However I think that the globalists like partly the global digital currencies - they just want to control it - and who knows maybe they already do with some of the big ones.

The end goal is get rid of any collectible currency altogether, but that is some time away.

Lotta new faces in this section of the forum.

Welcome guys.

I don't think (((they))) could ban bitcoin outright. But they could kill it as a transactional currency by taking down websites involved with or using it. Much like what happened with a few alt-right websites.

That said, BTCs utility as a transactional currency is pretty much nill anyways given the extortionate mining fees.

This is a shit article, no names, dates etc..... Click Bait is what they call it

"I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story." Nas