rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

BJJ camp for vacation?

BJJ camp for vacation?

Have any of you guys taken a vacation to go to a jujitsu camp (and maybe some muy thai)?

I'm single right now and want to take a reasonably priced vacation, but in addition to go to eat and drink and sight-see and pick up chicks, I'd also like to be productive and work on my jujitsu.

Has anyone out there done this, or heard from guys who have? I looked at the Caribbean camp, and while you get to go to a beautiful rich island, it looks like access to women would be very limited.

There are camps in Rio, Brazil that look solid, where you're in the city and near the beach where at least I'd be able to explore the local talent.

There's also the obvious Thailand camps.

I haven't decided to use my vacation for this purpose, but I'm exploring my options. Just looking for some input.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

BJJ camp for vacation?

I did, went 2 times for 2 weeks at Equipe1 in Copacabana at 6 months interval in 2009, really learned a lot, to be true I learn in 2 weeks more that I've learn in 6 months in Paris: The way (little techniques and lot of randori) and the frequency of training (2x day) were so good that I had to came back.
In Thailand, I went to try Phuket Top Team in 2013 but didn't got on the mat because from what I felt and from what I saw that it was not the same spirit, a lot of willing guys but you have to found that dude that will fold you no matter what level you have vand this dude was not there.

If I can give an advice, try thailand before brazil and in brazil try big "international" bjj club and then when you feel at ease there try some more "underground" clubs, you'll get the most out of your training trip that way for sure.

Have a nice trip

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

BJJ camp for vacation?

Heavy,

When I was in college I was part of the Judo and Jiu-jitsu club. Every summer they held a week long camp at the University through the International Judo and Jiu-Jitsu Federation. People came from all over the US and stayed in the dorms while the students were away.

They are hosting an event in April if you are interested.
https://www.facebook.com/events/163133534422137/

I went twice when I was in college. There were classes from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM all week . It's not specifially BJJ but it may be worth checking out.

CP

BJJ camp for vacation?

I was set for one in socal this past fall but it got canceled due to lack of ppl signing up.

Was going to be Pedro Sauer, Roy Dean and more. I was pissed!

BJJ camp for vacation?

I did two months altogether at a couple of different camps in northern Thailand a few years ago and it was an excellent experience. My main piece of advice is to get the partying out of your system before you begin training because if you start going out its hard to stop and that’ll definitely affect your training.