rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dr. Shawn Baker on Soy

Dr. Shawn Baker on Soy

Quick interesting tidbit of information for my brothers here on RoK.
Was listening to episode #1050 of JRE this morning with guest Dr. Shawn Baker.

He mentions the following:
A serving of Grass Fed Steak has about 5 nanograms of Estrogen.
A serving of Grain Fed Steak has about 10 nanograms of Estrogen.
A serving of Eggs has about 90 nanograms of Estrogen.
A serving of Dairy (in general) has about 110 nanograms of Estrogen.
A serving of Soy has about 1 million nanograms of Estrogen.

He also mentions the average male body produces about 30,000 to 40,000 nanograms of Estrogen per day.

If we can conclude that the average male body produces, lets say, 35,000 nanograms of Estrogen per day and a single serving of Soy has about 1 million nanograms of Estrogen.

Then every single serving of Soy you ingest is putting 28.57 times more nanograms of Estrogen into your body than what you would normally produce in a day.

TLDR: Soy turns you into a woman/gay

Dr. Shawn Baker on Soy

While I don't eat Soy, this is ridiculous.

Look at an real peer-reviewed data, and there is no evidence that Soy turns you 'into a women/gay' whatsoever. You'd need to eat A TON of soy daily for even minor changes to occur.

Shawn Baker is a joke with a meat-online diet - but sure, let's take dietary advice from him.

If you want to talk about something that increases Estrogen, the focus should definitely be on cow's milk.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7144835

Listen, I'm a big meat-eater, and I've never eaten soy. But stop listening to 'doctors' Rogan has on the podcast. They're always hilariously awful.

Dr. Shawn Baker on Soy

Lol and how much of that "estrogen" do you think gets absorbed into the body?

Not much. Very little of it makes it past the first pass of the liver. This is why most oral hormones are formulated in a way to survive the liver.

Aside from that, it's a phyto estrogen which has a relatively week affinity for the estrogen receptor, but can actually act as a place holder, much like a SERM.

If you want to know the truth for yourself, get your bloodwork done, drink a soy latte every day for two weeks, then run your bloods again. Youll be able to count the rise in your estradiol with one hand. That's nothing.

This is what happens when an absolute idiot like yourself takes another idiots word and runs with it.

I'm not a fan of soy because it's a pointless food. And it usually tastes crappy. But some here and there isn't gonna make you crave cock any more than you already do.

Dr. Shawn Baker on Soy

Assuming those numbers aren't completely fabricated and there is actual research tied to how that conclusion was made, you need to keep in mind that anything taken orrally gets processed by your liver which does a really amazing job at weeding out the extra shit you don't need. Any phytoestrogens taken into your body in food will be mostly removed and discarded by the liver.

That said, anything in excess is going to affect the body negatively so i imagine if one were to intake a ton of this shit they may in fact artificially effect their hormone levels by way of their diet.

Dr. Shawn Baker on Soy

Some of you seem to aggressively disagree and that is okay, I appreciate your opposing opinions.

Don't sleep on Dr. Shawn Baker though, episode #1050 of JRE was pretty damn entertaining.

This guy is who we should all aspire to be as men.

His resume:
Natural Association Of Strength Athletes Deadlift American Record 772lbs
World Association of Bench Press and Deadlift Submasters World record (Deadlift 738lbs)
USA powerlifting 40+ Master American record Deadlift 711lbs)
NASS Texas Strongest Man 300lb class winner
NASS- Strongman national championships 300lb class 5th
Highland Games Masters US invitational championships 1st place
Highland Games Masters World Champion
Highland Games Masters World record “Sheaf” toss
USA track and field all American standard-Discus, weight and super-weight throws
50+ world record concept 2 indoor rower for 500m, 1min, 100m row

Academically he is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon and previously was a Lieutenant Colonel in the US Airforce, doing Surgery in live war zones in the middle east.

Lot of great lessons to take away from this interview @

Dr. Shawn Baker on Soy

Quote: (12-08-2017 11:54 AM)WeekendCasanova Wrote:  

While I don't eat Soy, this is ridiculous.

Look at an real peer-reviewed data, and there is no evidence that Soy turns you 'into a women/gay' whatsoever. You'd need to eat A TON of soy daily for even minor changes to occur.

Shawn Baker is a joke with a meat-online diet - but sure, let's take dietary advice from him.

If you want to talk about something that increases Estrogen, the focus should definitely be on cow's milk.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7144835

Listen, I'm a big meat-eater, and I've never eaten soy. But stop listening to 'doctors' Rogan has on the podcast. They're always hilariously awful.

If you had a son, what would you substitute for cow's milk, then?

Dr. Shawn Baker on Soy

The guy doesn't trust blood tests. What kind of doctor doesn't trust a blood test?

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Dr. Shawn Baker on Soy

This guy is living proof that having an M.D does not add any points to your IQ. You'll notice that his whole reasoning behind the meat only diet was that old school bodybuilders got shredded on it (as if that correlates to health).

Even hunter gatherers didn't just do meat. Berries, shrubs, shrooms, etc...Hell, even the Inuit he mentioned eat a lot of Kelp. How is the guy not constipated?