rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Riverside Co, Socal vs Washington DC

Job opportunity may come up between Riverside, CA and Washington, DC.

I know this forum shits on DC for many reasons. If anyone has lived in or been to both places, which should I move to?

Salary is the same in both locations, but in DC it will increase to $105-115k vs $100-110k in California.

Hey man I know both areas. If you are a city guy then DC is gonna be more your thing. Do you like the OC or LA? They are within driving distance for going out. Better weather in Riverside too. If you grew up in socal then leaving for DC might be a good thing in terms of personal growth to see if you like big city living.

Quote: (12-07-2017 01:43 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

Job opportunity may come up between Riverside, CA and Washington, DC.

I know this forum shits on DC for many reasons. If anyone has lived in or been to both places, which should I move to?

Salary is the same in both locations, but in DC it will increase to $105-115k vs $100-110k in California.

- Clint Barton

Checkmat message me if you want more personal details regarding Riverside

Let’s have the great G Manifesto weigh in on this one:

thread-16165...#pid404985

When G Manifesto weighs in all other answers mean little. I think this thread should be closed.

In all seriousness though DC sucks however the fact that it is within driving distance of some of America's greatest cities, ie, Philly and NYC (and to a lesser extent Baltimore) and which are good for gaming makes me want to dismiss Riverside. Also, if you are single $105k per year will put you in high baller category in pretty much any part of greater Washington, DC area (except maybe certain neighborhoods like Bethesda, parts of Fairfax, Loudon Co. and Georgetown) so you should do well in terms of hitting all the fancy night-life areas and "wining and dining" the spoiled women that DC has no shortage of.

Thanks for the replies guys. Traffic makes going to LA or San Diego an all-day commitment. So for all intents and purposes I would be day gaming and living my life in Riverside county. Temecula/Murrieta specifically.

It's tough in fact to go anywhere in So Cal without driving at least an hr on the Mad Maxx-esque freeway system. As you can tell I'm already leaning towards DC.

Quote: (12-07-2017 04:19 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

When G Manifesto weighs in all other answers mean little. I think this thread should be closed.

In all seriousness though DC sucks however the fact that it is within driving distance of some of America's greatest cities, ie, Philly and NYC (and to a lesser extent Baltimore) and which are good for gaming makes me want to dismiss Riverside. Also, if you are single $105k per year will put you in high baller category in pretty much any part of greater Washington, DC area (except maybe certain neighborhoods like Bethesda, parts of Fairfax, Loudon Co. and Georgetown) so you should do well in terms of hitting all the fancy night-life areas and "wining and dining" the spoiled women that DC has no shortage of.

105k wont make you a baller in DC, I can promise you that.

I'm familiar with Riverside and Temecula/Murrieta. Basically think of it as suburbia. Cookie-cutter homes, a handful of vineyards, and not really much of any nightlife going on besides dive bars, as well as the occasionally mediocre club (I believe there used to be one at Pechanga, not sure if it is closed). I've met many girls who lived there and they jumped at the first opportunity to get out.

As you have mentioned, driving to SD/LA on a regular basis is unrealistic; the drive to SD or Orange County is an hour without any traffic, and to LA is more like 1.5-2 hours. You can do it on the weekend, but it isn't always fun being in a car or having to spend $ every weekend on hotel rooms to not drive home drunk.

Recently a friend of mine had to move to Corona (a city in Riverside County not too far from Temecula) for work. While there isn't much nightlife there, he has absolutely crushed it on Tinder and Bumble, with some pretty fucking hot girls, sometimes several a week. He's a decent-looking European guy with an accent, which is a an advantage in that area where most white guys are the typical tatted lifted-truck stereotype. In LA, he's a dime a dozen. So, if you have some unique attributes + game, you definitely could do well online.

Regardless, I think that unless you're comfortable spending an hour or more in a car each way to get to a more fun city, you'd probably be better off in DC. I've only visited there briefly but it is a real city. Tinder/Bumble get boring after a while, and there just isn't too much to do in Temecula without needing to drive far.

Yeah, that salary would go further in Riverside than DC. You'll be comfortable in DC but the majority of professionals are making the same ballpark. Can't speak much for Riverside, but I hate driving around the LA sprawl, so I'd say try DC. The District is small and you can get around quickly in an Uber. Everyone shits on DC but I find the international scene to be great, especially once you get a feel where the Latinas and East Europeans like to socialize. I stay away from the typical K St / political wonks that give the town a bad rep, and get to meet people from all over the world from fresh off the boat students to diplomatic staff just here for the party. Riverside will have the nature and weather, but you'll probably experience more in DC in the short term.

@theBMan, i make around the same as Op and have been at my current job for around 16 years. $105k per year is plenty of money to live a baller lifestyle, not sure if you go out every night or eat out at Trumps Hotel on Penn Ave every night but with this salary i can afford to own 2 condos (both within walking distance of metro), drive a nice car, belong to a fancy gym, and go out 2x per week to nice restaurants/bars. I think your definition of baller differs from mine and you expect more but trust me when i say that $100k+ is sufficient for any SINGLE individual to live a very comfortable life in DC and have extra savings left over to invest.

According to City-Data, Riverside is 50% Hispanic.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Riverside-California.html

If you like this thread

Lucious Latinas

you might end up finding your own chola paradise.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

^^^My personal experience shows this is true, but finding a hyna thats an 8 is a needle in a haystack, plenty of thick ones I guess if you're into that.

OC does it better with hotter latinas.

Quote: (12-08-2017 11:11 AM)TripleG Wrote:  

@theBMan, i make around the same as Op and have been at my current job for around 16 years. $105k per year is plenty of money to live a baller lifestyle, not sure if you go out every night or eat out at Trumps Hotel on Penn Ave every night but with this salary i can afford to own 2 condos (both within walking distance of metro), drive a nice car, belong to a fancy gym, and go out 2x per week to nice restaurants/bars. I think your definition of baller differs from mine and you expect more but trust me when i say that $100k+ is sufficient for any SINGLE individual to live a very comfortable life in DC and have extra savings left over to invest.

Sounds like you are doing well and living a lifestyle you are happy with - congrats to you. Not trying to be an internet dickhead.

Baller lifestyle is all relative - I work with guys whose kids go to 40k a year private HS, 60K a year colleges, $1.5M houses in Great Falls, country club membership, and all that other BS. Not saying thats wise or smart, and they are forever on the treadmill trying to keep up - but I tend to think of that as more of a baller lifestyle and 105k in DC doesnt get you that.

@Friar,

Well said.

The best-kept secret on RVF is that DC and Toronto are not THAT bad. As matter of fact, they’re pretty damn good. Believe you me, there are FAR WORSE cities to live in North America than DC and Toronto. Both of those cities are cosmopolitan powerhouses and very strong logistically (very walkable with strong public transit).

Lots of knowledge of the areas in this thread. My salary won't go as far as most, due to child support. Regardless, my plan now is to take the DC job if it becomes a firm offer. In the interim I can take the Riverside position.

Quote: (12-08-2017 04:24 PM)Naughty By Nature Wrote:  

The best-kept secret on RVF is that DC and Toronto are not THAT bad.

[Image: 3.gif]

[Image: Women_in_ETFS-7889.jpg]

http://womeninetfs.com/page/WEDC_DrinksDresses