rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Solid vodkas

Solid vodkas

I'm a big fan of Russian Standard (original), based on the price per bottle and the fact that it's actually made in Russia unlike Stoli or Smirnoff. For me, real vodka can only come from one of two places: Poland or Russia. I also like the Platinum RS, but i think the original is the best mix of value and taste.

Also a big fan of Belvedere on nice occasions even though it's over-priced.

Can anyone recommend any other solid vodkas. Not a fan at all of all the other stuff you see at your typical liquor store (Ciroc, Grey Goose, Smirnoff, Absolut, etc). I use Tito's in a pinch, but i prefer the foreign stuff.

Solid vodkas

There's one called Balinoff (it's French though) which i thought was super smooth and had an excellent taste. Extremely hard to find here in the US, but if you come across it I would highly recommend it.

Solid vodkas

I know you only like vodkas from Poland and Russia but trust me Canadian Crystal Head Vodka has the cleanest taste i've ever tasted in a vodka, for me it's close to perfect. I definitely recommend it and it's also not available in all stores especially in EE. The price is more expensive than average but defo worth it, if I were to choose one vodka for the rest of my life this would be it.

Solid vodkas

Skol, the vodka of champions

Solid vodkas

Quote: (11-30-2017 05:32 PM)Mikestar Wrote:  

I know you only like vodkas from Poland and Russia but trust me Canadian Crystal Head Vodka has the cleanest taste i've ever tasted in a vodka, for me it's close to perfect. I definitely recommend it and it's also not available in all stores especially in EE. The price is more expensive than average but defo worth it, if I were to choose one vodka for the rest of my life this would be it.

Crystal Head is like really expensive.

Solid vodkas

You assholes have everything easy, I m trying to buy some regular vodka (absolut 100) and can't find it here, i envy you people.

Solid vodkas

Quote: (11-30-2017 05:36 PM)TigOlBitties Wrote:  

Skol, the vodka of champions

Mmmm... never tried it, but it looks like it doesn't come out so well in the reviews...

Solid vodkas

Quote: (11-30-2017 05:29 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

There's one called Balinoff (it's French though) which i thought was super smooth and had an excellent taste. Extremely hard to find here in the US, but if you come across it I would highly recommend it.

I will try it if I manage to find it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Solid vodkas

I don't drink much vodka but Nemiroff Lex seems pretty good to me.

Solid vodkas

Quote: (11-30-2017 05:47 PM)behnam Wrote:  

You assholes have everything easy, I m trying to buy some regular vodka (absolut 100) and can't find it here, i envy you people.

Pretty hard to find alcohol there i bet?

Solid vodkas

Quote: (11-30-2017 05:51 PM)hewey Wrote:  

I don't drink much vodka but Nemiroff Lex seems pretty good to me.

Actually a cool suggestion. I've never heard of this vodka. Also cool that it's ukranian.

Solid vodkas

Zubrowka

Solid vodkas

Quote: (11-30-2017 05:56 PM)Gard1983 Wrote:  

Zubrowka

This is one of my favorites, but you only get the legit stuff outside the US.

Solid vodkas

Quote: (11-30-2017 05:53 PM)Dragan Wrote:  

Not that hard but its not from some legit brand.we hear stories about people go blind drinking some fake vodka or whisky.

Solid vodkas

Hanger Vodka-drink it straight up or on the rocks.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Solid vodkas

"Poekhali!" was a nice surprise, Russian vodka from Siberia, produced in Syktyvkar.

[Image: attachment.jpg38085]   

Ukrainian vodkas can be good too. My favorite is Khortytsa.

[Image: attachment.jpg38086]   

Solid vodkas

Quote: (11-30-2017 06:00 PM)behnam Wrote:  

Quote: (11-30-2017 05:53 PM)Dragan Wrote:  

Not that hard but its not from some legit brand. its quite dangerous, we hear stories about people go blind drinking some fake vodka or whisky.

Sounds like russia.

Solid vodkas

Quote: (11-30-2017 06:05 PM)Rocha Wrote:  

"Poekhali!" was a nice surprise, Russian vodka from Siberia, produced in Syktyvkar.

Ukrainian vodkas can be good too. My favorite is Khortytsa.

Thanks for both these recommendations, definitely the sort of stuff i'm looking to try.

Solid vodkas

I've always liked Danzka from Denmark. The bottle's shape is sharp too.

On the other end of the spectrum, I actually like Stolichnaya. It's the AK-47 of vodka. It's made in Russia, simple, not in the least elegant, rough-around-the-edges and crude, but gets the job done.

Solid vodkas

Quote: (11-30-2017 06:31 PM)Germanicus Wrote:  

I've always liked Danzka from Denmark. The bottle's shape is sharp too.

On the other end of the spectrum, I actually like Stolichnaya. It's the AK-47 of vodka. It's made in Russia, simple, not in the least elegant, rough-around-the-edges and crude, but gets the job done.

Thanks for the advise.

I'm pretty sure the Stoli sold in the US market is made in Latvia.

Solid vodkas

The best vodka I've tried recently is Reyka from Iceland. If you are on the West Coast you can pick up a 1.75 Liter bottle at BevMo for less than $40. It blows away other vodkas at that price point.

Best overall is probably Beluga Gold Line from Russia, but it's like 150 bucks for a bottle.

[Image: Reyka_bottle_mountains-760x510.jpg]

The Puritan hated bear-baiting, not because it gave pain to the bear, but because it gave pleasure to the spectators. - Thomas B. Macaulay

Rick Von Slonecker is tall, rich, good-looking, stupid, dishonest, conceited, a bully, liar, drunk and thief, an egomaniac, and probably psychotic. In short, highly attractive to women. - Whit Stillman

Solid vodkas

What's wrong with Tito's?

David took his men with him and went out and killed two hundred Philistines and brought back their foreskins. They counted out the full number to the king so that David might become the king's son-in-law. Then Saul gave him his daughter Michal in marriage. 1 Samuel 18:27

Solid vodkas

Quote: (11-30-2017 07:42 PM)lex the impaler Wrote:  

The Truth About Tito's and All Vodka

Quote:Quote:

Vodka drinkers, of course, are accustomed to fantasy. Vodka is, by definition; colorless, odorless and tasteless. Virtually all of the vodka made in the U.S., including Tito's and Smirnoff, starts as grain neutral spirit (GNS) manufactured by one of the major producers: Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), Midwest Grain Products (MGP), or Grain Processing Corporation (GPC), whose headquarters and principal distilleries are in Illinois, Kansas and Iowa respectively. (i.e., where most grain is farmed.)

Not surprisingly, Tito's doesn't give tours. That's because they don't have grain silos, grain mills, mash cookers, fermenters, and the other trappings of a real from-scratch distillery.

I am afraid that women appreciate cruelty, downright cruelty, more than anything else. They have wonderfully primitive instincts. We have emancipated them, but they remain slaves looking for their masters all the same. They love being dominated.
--Oscar Wilde

Solid vodkas

Quote: (11-30-2017 07:18 PM)Prufrock Wrote:  

The best vodka I've tried recently is Reyka from Iceland. If you are on the West Coast you can pick up a 1.75 Liter bottle at BevMo for less than $40. It blows away other vodkas at that price point.

Best overall is probably Beluga Gold Line from Russia, but it's like 150 bucks for a bottle.

[Image: Reyka_bottle_mountains-760x510.jpg]

I've heard about the icelandic stuff and I really mean to try it. Also wanting to try Beluga as well.

Solid vodkas

Quote: (11-30-2017 07:42 PM)lex the impaler Wrote:  

I'm from Texas and it gets boring. I like the vanilla taste in vodka, and russian standard has it, and tito's doesn't. Titos tastes like medical alcohol to me.

@MOVSM, thanks for posting that article. Really informative stuff.