rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Dash Thread

The Dash Thread

Source: Investing.com

Quote:Quote:

Even as all eyes have been focused on the price of Bitcoin, which yesterday smashed through the $10,000 barrier, cryptocurrency Dash, has been on a record-setting spike of its own. Though it operates under the radar of many investors, last week Dash surged past the $600 mark.

Dash - currently the 7th most popular cryptocurrency with a market cap of $5.02 billion [...] An additional benefit Dash provides, also reflected in its name, is transaction speed. Send and confirm transactions can be done within seconds using Dash, whereas the same functions via Bitcoin, on average, can take 10 minutes, though extremely large transactions can take up to an hour.

If the digital currency has been around for a few years, why has it suddenly doubled in price over the past month, shooting up from $282 on October, 28 to $631 on November 28? There could be a number of reasons.

• Political turmoil in Zimbabwe, which has long suffered from devastating inflation, caused many of the African country's citizens to turn to Bitcoin as a crisis currency/safe haven. The coup this month that brought down long-time President Robert Mugabe has added to the uncertainty.

In what can only be regarded as perfect timing, Dash recently announced it has now been made available to locals in Zimbabwe. The currency's backers have inked a joint venture with KuvaCash, a program claiming to have a solution for Zimbabwe's ballooning inflation, collapsing currency and declining national economy.

Sheffield Clark, CEO of Coinsource an American Bitcoin ATM network, based in Texas says:

"The joint venture they are executing with KuvaCash in Zimbabwe is a real game changer; value, of course, stems from not just supply and demand, but from adoption and potential. Dash's entrance in Africa will significantly improve the lives of thousands of people in Zimbabwe, who will enjoy access to a better form of currency, outside the failing fiat, failing USD-pegged bonds, and dirty dollar bills. From 1980 to 2017, under the rule of President Mugabe, Zimbabweans became an average of 15% poorer - it's humbling to know that one of our industry peers has the ability to turn that around, and affect so many people in such a positive way.”

Clark notes that [...] hundreds of regions around the world are beginning to benefit from its position as the top digital currency for payments.

• Another reason Dash may have suddenly started moving could be due to South Korean buyers attracted to the currency. According to data from CoinMarketCap, nearly half of Dash's volume comes from South Korea's Bithumb exchange. Increased Korean demand is likely another main price driver. Friendly government regulations in the Asian nation, which aim to give cryptocurrencies legal status, may also have spurred digital currency investor activity in the region. The Korea Herald reported this summer that Bithumb accounts for 75.7% of Bitcoin's South Korean Bitcoin market volume, as well as about 10% of the global Bitcoin trade.

• As well, there's the November 8 release of Dash Core version 12.2 which delivered both a 10 times reduction in transaction fees and an upgrade to 2MB blocks.

Is Dash the New Cash?

Perry Woodin, CEO of Node40, a blockchain governance and cryptocurrency tax compliance company based in New York, believes that as digital currency in general captures more media attention, we will likely see many of the top 10 digital currencies rise in value. He says:

”Investors are finally starting to evaluate Bitcoin’s promise and utility. The promise of Bitcoin was a decentralized form of cash. It has become increasingly clear that Bitcoin can’t fulfill the role of digital cash, so savvy investors are starting to look at viable alternatives like Dash.”

What makes the valuation rise in Dash unique is its utility as a payments platform notes Woodin. He explains that Dash is the only digital currency that can support on-chain transactions rivaling the speed of credit cards.

“Investors who understand the differences between the various digital currencies are betting on Dash and driving the price to new All-Time Highs.”

The official Dash blog posits that traders may be tiring of the whole Bitcoin/Bitcoin siblings rivalry and are finally turning to what's been the elephant in the room all along. From the blog, regarding trader activity: "going purely by stat charts, it appears they [have] quietly turned to Dash."

https://www.investing.com/analysis/forge...-200268959

The Dash Thread

It's POW, right?

What's its blocktime?

I've made good money off of dash clones before (Eternity Coin was a favorite) but never bought any Dash myself.

The Dash Thread

From mapofcoins.com:

Specifications:

X11
Proof of Work
Block Time, sec: 40
Reward, coins per block: 1000
Halfing reward cycle, blocks: 10000000
Total coins: 100000000000000000
Difficulty cycle, blocks: 20

Both LTC and Dash have big and active developer communities. LTC almost has more contributors than BTC.

The Dash Thread

The return of Dash Global??!!

[Image: zGHQb4O.gif]

Nah...

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

The Dash Thread

How does it manage instant transactions with 40 second blocktimes?

The Dash Thread

Why was Sexpat banned?

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

The Dash Thread

Dash's instant transactions:

InstantSend (formerly InstantX) transactions in Dash version 12 are secured using a consensus of deterministically selected masternodes. This set of masternodes is informally termed a quorum and must be in a majority agreement, at least six out of ten, for a successful lock of the transaction inputs. Multiple quorums are self-selected for each input in an InstantSend transaction using the mathematical distance between the hash of each input and of the set of masternode funding transactions.

All InstantSend inputs must be at least six blocks old or the transaction will be rejected.
Masternode funding transaction
Each masternode receiving the InstantSend transaction lock request compares the hash of its funding transaction to the hash of the input requesting the lock. After validating the inputs are not spent, the ten masternodes furthest from this hash broadcast their acceptance of the lock.

From: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/space...+Selection

The Dash Thread

Quote: (11-30-2017 12:08 PM)Bill Brasky Wrote:  

Why was Sexpat banned?

Probably because of a post in the "Anal" thread.

thread-60607...pid1691595

The Dash Thread

I bought Dash around 90 this year - best investment and no doubt, Dash will continue to win.

Mannbibel - Meistgelesener Artikel: Dominiere deine Freundin im Bett
Die Rückkehr der Männlichkeit - a german blog written by Ray

The Dash Thread

Quote: (11-30-2017 04:03 PM)Ray Carlton Wrote:  

I bought Dash around 90 this year - best investment and no doubt, Dash will continue to win.

Do you remember the date when you bought?

The Dash Thread

Quote: (11-30-2017 05:44 PM)Rossi Wrote:  

Usually when we are referring to cryptos, we should not be providing very many of those kinds of specifics in public threads - due to personal privacy and potential security issues

The Dash Thread

Quote: (11-30-2017 05:50 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

Quote: (11-30-2017 05:44 PM)Rossi Wrote:  

Usually when we are referring to cryptos, we should not be providing very many of those kinds of specifics in public threads - due to personal privacy and potential security issues

True, and the exact date doesn't matter either.

The Dash Thread

Quote: (11-30-2017 05:50 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

If I tell you that I bought 3 bitcoin this month, what would be the risk?

The Dash Thread

I now know you have 30k in BTC and it's worth my time to track down your passwords and take it.

The Dash Thread

One reason Dash can send so fast may be that they're sending at 29 transactions per hour.

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/kevinmesserly/status/936372777027821569][/url]

The Dash Thread

Quote: (12-01-2017 11:19 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

One reason Dash can send so fast may be that they're sending at 29 transactions per hour.

Quote:[/url]

Am I misreading this information?

[url=http://blocktivity.info]http://blocktivity.info
shows 12,067 transactions in the last 24 hours for DASH, which is 1005 transactions per hour.

The Dash Thread

That's not really much better for a "global payments platform" honestly.

The Dash Thread

Quote: (12-02-2017 06:47 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

If Dash had the same market cap as BTC at the moment, they would have the same amount of transactions, so it doesn't seems like that Dash is underperforming in the transaction department compared to BTC.

We all know real life usage is not happening for cryptos right now anyway.

The Dash Thread

Biggest thing about dash no one here yet is talking about is.

Master nodes - governance - voting.

I know there are a lot of libertarians within crypto. But as a man who beliefs on goverment / democracy / and a platform where to community can agree on which direction to pull, this is huge.

New inventions that could improve on a crypto currency would be much easier to implement in a coin like dash, where "just" a few thousands master nodes needs to agree with the voting.

The Dash Thread

1000 for a Dash masternode is pretty high. I envy the guys that got in early on this thing. I have never done any sort of staking before and wouldn't mind getting my feet wet with staking Dash. The minimum for purchasing a share of a masternode is 25 Dash. There is a masternode pool that's run by one of the Dash devs.

https://masternode.me/

On the site it says that staking 25 Dash currently nets $108 per month (1000 Dash nets $5092 per month). At the current price, 25 Dash would be about $19,050.

$108 per month would be around a 6.8-7% ROI.

I've also looked at PIVX which is a fork of Dash. You need 10,000 PIVX to be a masternode or you can just stake any amount of PIVX in order to get returns.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

The Dash Thread

Thats a good idea, i think i might stack up enough Dash to join in on a masternode.
Just wondering how safe it is. I guess someone else would be in control of my coins.

The Dash Thread

Usually the pooling is safe.

The Dash Thread

I need to do more research into this.

Reading some sites now...

https://masternodes.pro/

For example MasterNodeCoin (whatever that is) requires 50,000 coins * $0.24 = $12k
and is generating ~29k per year.

Looks like potential for extreme volatility and that the amount earned shown in green could plummet at any time along with the value of the coin/node worth.

However if one of these coins becomes like Dash, Ether, Bitcoin, etc. then you're sitting pretty. Big gamble but could pay off big.

Anyone currently doing this?

The Dash Thread

Quote: (12-02-2017 06:53 AM)Ray Carlton Wrote:  

Quote: (12-02-2017 06:47 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

If Dash had the same market cap as BTC at the moment, they would have the same amount of transactions, so it doesn't seems like that Dash is underperforming in the transaction department compared to BTC.

We all know real life usage is not happening for cryptos right now anyway.

Of course, you can use a variety of indicators to attempt to determine the extent to which some asset is comparatively more or less valuable, including present day useage, future useage and other aspects that might make it valuable, such as degree of centralization, security, mining power, network effects, liquidation, etc.

It seems to me that if you get caught up in some hypothetical about dash being supposedly more useful than bitcoin based on hypothetical transactions, then there could be some difficulties with the foundations of such an analysis... but surely it is true that some guys might recognize unrealized potential and/or value.. or even upwards or downwards price pressures.

The Dash Thread

When BTC goes down, it's the time for Dash to shine.