rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Creation of private RVF chat for vouched members

I created a private chatroom that will serve as a backup in case the main forum goes down. To get in, you need to be invited by an RVF member you have personally met and who thinks you are legitimately red-pilled and mentally stable.

I just sent out the first batch of invites. I expect it to take a couple of weeks for invites to make its way throughout the community. When you're invited, you'll receive the full rules. You can then start inviting others.

I don't know how active the chatroom will be in non-emergency situation, but you are free to develop it organically into something useful.

What exactly does 'personally met' mean?

As in, how much time do you have to spend with a guy to fulfil the definition? Presumably, it has also to be physically in person, not via Skype?

I haven't had any chance to go to the meetups, since they were canceled. Nonetheless, thanks Roosh for implementing backup plans in an age of censorship.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Quote: (11-20-2017 02:44 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

As in, how much time do you have to spend with a guy to fulfil the definition? Presumably, it has also to be physically in person, not via Skype?

We have had members in the past who were "vouched for" because they had exchanged a number of private online messages or had phone calls with many members here, but no one had ever met them in person. Some of these later turned out to be frauds.

In my opinion, it should only count for a RVF member who has met other members personally in the physical world.

For those who are legit but have not yet met anyone, it should be an encouragement to get offline and meetup.

This is my suggestion based on the experiences I have had, and also heard about from other members.
Of course this is Roosh's forum and chatroom, so the final criteria and decision rests with him.

Quote: (11-20-2017 07:12 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

We have had members in the past who were "vouched for" because they had exchanged a number of private online messages or had phone calls with many members here, but no one had ever met them in person. Some of these later turned out to be frauds.

In my opinion, it should only count for a RVF member who has met other members personally in the physical world.

Isn't your perspective.....a little dark?

I'm the King of Beijing!

"Personally met" means a face to face meeting. You hung out with him for a chat or drink.

I haven't met anyone in real life yet from the forum, but I agree with the rule 100%.

I remember meeting some people in the PUA community back in the day after reading their legitimate sounding posts online. Most of the time they were fine, but occasionally you'd run into a real nutjob you'd swear had a paid full-time ghost writer.

Its not like we've been safe from Big Baller Trolls or the like, but they aren't the ones we really need to watch out for. The risk of subversives and haters who want to actively destroy the forum/member anonymity is too high.

Mentally stable? I’m out.

Quote: (11-20-2017 07:40 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Its more like to determine you are not another Little Dark or his recent reincarnation NASA Test Pilot.

I have only met one member in real life, Roosh needs to do another round of meet ups.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Quote: (11-20-2017 08:38 AM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  

I have only met one member in real life, Roosh needs to do another round of meet ups.

There's no need to wait for a big "official" RVF meetup.
Just look for members in your area of the world or while passing through a big city, or while travelling to another country.
You can send a private message to individual members, or use the meetup section of this forum, which is made just for this purpose:

forum-16.html

Start out small by meeting 1 RVF member at a time, and work your way up.

What happened with little dark and NASA test pilot? Were they spooks ?

He who dares wins - Del Boy

Quote: (11-20-2017 08:52 AM)Steve McQueen Wrote:  

What happened with little dark and NASA test pilot? Were they spooks ?

Little Dark was a British guy who posted this story about fighting white knights at the club which became a meme. NTP was a guy who posted all these "most interesting man in the world" type stories which everyone here loved until it was found out he was a plagiarist.

Quote: (11-20-2017 08:34 AM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

Probably to avoid a repeat of Jean Valjean.

,,Я видел, куда падает солнце!
Оно уходит сквозь постель,
В глубокую щель!"
-Андрей Середа, ,,Улица чужих лиц", 1989 г.

Where do I sign up
[Image: N3dNNBp.gif]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Can we please to have a separate chat just for us the crazies? I joined a telegram once that was supposed to have all these players and it was like a second daily gauntlet of Facebook wall posts on random shit like X-men. Like 500 deep rolling and scrolling nonsense.

Quote: (11-20-2017 08:36 AM)Thersites Wrote:  

Quote: (11-20-2017 07:40 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Its more like to determine you are not another Little Dark or his recent reincarnation NASA Test Pilot.

That's the joke.jpg

Isaiah 4:1

Quote: (11-20-2017 09:10 AM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

Can we please to have a separate chat just for us the crazies? I joined a telegram once that was supposed to have all these players and it was like a second daily gauntlet of Facebook wall posts on random shit like X-men. Like 500 deep rolling and scrolling nonsense.

Take some initiative, meet some members for real (or at least have some Skype conversations that exchange value) and develop your own personal networks.

There are already a lot of informal communication networks and chat-rooms populated by forum members, not to all members who hang out regularly in person or exchange long phone calls on a monthly or weekly basis. The membership of these groups are carefully selected, they are usually topic or geographically specific and don't anticipate getting an invitation to any of these unless you've got a respectable collection of positive reps from guys you've met from the forum and/or a history of providing meaningful contributions on the forum.

The senior members of RVF know more about each other than you could probably imagine. We know who has a forum persona that matches their real life reality and who doesn't. We know that several unusually secretive forum members are successful in ways that most can't properly comprehend.

We know how hot (or not) the married guys' wives are, which forum members are the epitome of physical perfection and which are 200LB overweight. We know who is a class act and which guys have attended numerous meet-ups without being granted a single rep point from doing so. We also know which forum members you should never get into a hot tub with.

One thing is for sure. Guys are very, very protective about who they invite into their inner circle. There are guys who keep their distance from me. I don't take it personally and neither should you.

There's no shortcut to establishing meaningful relationships with other men. Look for ways to offer value and if you haven't already, learn to be the type of man that others, include some of the great men of this forum, want to associate with.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I'm in as long as suits isn't allowed in. That guy is a creep.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (11-20-2017 08:34 AM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

[Image: Norton.gif]

Quote: (11-20-2017 09:10 AM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

Can we please to have a separate chat just for us the crazies?

[Image: im-disinclined-to-acquiesce-to-your-request.gif]

To further explain why there is a face-to-face meeting requirement, in times of forum emergencies, what becomes most critical is trust. We have to know that, when the enemy is attacking us, we can count on the man we're talking to. The private chat is being constructed so that in this type of emergency situation, we won't have to worry as much about infiltrators and spies, that every man in the chat is someone who was at least vouched for.

Of course it's still possible for there to be an infiltrator, but the odds will be quite low.

Hot tubs? Male physiques? I’m definitely out.

I wonder if it would possibly detract from the overall flow of knowledge coming into the forum. Maybe it'll allow for more refined thoughts, after being bounced around more freely and quickly by trusted members.

Would everything in the chat be saved?

Speaking of attacks, is there reason for alert?

Quote: (11-20-2017 10:53 AM)sp180 Wrote:  

I wonder if it would possibly detract from the overall flow of knowledge coming into the forum. Maybe it'll allow for more refined thoughts, after being bounced around more freely and quickly by trusted members.

Would everything in the chat be saved?

Previous chat rooms have not done so. Only problem is when members go to chats while drunk.

Quote: (11-20-2017 11:15 AM)churros Wrote:  

Speaking of attacks, is there reason for alert?

There is no active threat. I want to set it up when things are calm.

So similar to the Slack chat?

Damn, I'm pretty sure everyone has seen my face from the Milo event at De Paul a year or two back.

As suggested earlier, this might prompt more men to actually get offline and go out in real life. I've been swamped with taking care of my two infant sons and my wife with her ankle recovering from surgery, but I miss chatting with the guys in the Chicago tribe.