rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Tonight is a big night for Elon Musk. First, the Zuma Falcon 9 launch, followed by the unveiling of the Tesla Semi. Perhaps to coincide with all this he did a cringe-inducing interview for Rolling Stone. I would not be surprised to see ROK write a frontpage piece on it, but until then, the obvious question is...

is he alpha or beta?

He seems to be both at the same time, but after reading this article he comes across as much more beta than alpha.

[Image: elon-musk-0b50501d-c829-4634-aaa8-8afbda486949.jpg]

Musk is basically having a pathetic Barbara Walters style nervous breakdown about his difficulty finding and keeping a girlfriend (most recent: Amber Heard) all with his ex wife still casually hanging around in his house and chiming in like Yoko Ono.

Please, someone break it all down for me, because I need to hear it from an expert.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Anyone who buys a Model 3 is beta...testing an unproven, poorly-slapped-together sled after waiting months and paying full sticker.

Tesla Semi. Okay. Try to make a door line up with a front quarter panel better than a Pontiac Grand Am first.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Quote:Quote:

Musk shakes his head and grimaces: "If I'm not in love, if I'm not with a long-term companion, I cannot be happy."

I explain that needing someone so badly that you feel like nothing without them is textbook codependence.

Musk disagrees. Strongly. "It's not true," he replies petulantly. "I will never be happy without having someone. Going to sleep alone kills me." He hesitates, shakes his head, falters, continues. "It's not like I don't know what that feels like: Being in a big empty house, and the footsteps echoing through the hallway, no one there – and no one on the pillow next to you. Fuck. How do you make yourself happy in a situation like that?"

There's truth to what Musk is saying. It is lonely at the top. But not for everyone. It's lonely at the top for those who were lonely at the bottom.

"When I was a child, there's one thing I said," Musk continues. His demeanor is stiff, yet in the sheen of his eyes and the trembling of his lips, a high tide of emotion is visible, pushing against the retaining walls. "'I never want to be alone.' That's what I would say." His voice drops to a whisper. "I don't want to be alone."

A ring of red forms around his eyes as he stares forward and sits frozen in silence. Musk is a titan, a visionary, a human-size lever pushing forward massive historical inevitabilities – the kind of person who comes around only a few times in a century – but in this moment, he seems like a child who is afraid of abandonment.

He didn't need to say any of these things in this interview.

This man lacks any emotional control. That disqualifies him from "alpha" imo.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

I don't even think I would want to buy a Tesla if I had the opportunity. I want to hear the hum of an engine and listen to it roar when I accelerate. I will say though that I like all of the Tesla designs. They are fairly creative and very streamline... It's unfortunate though that SpaceX can barely launch a rocket into space, despite receiving millions of dollars in government funding. IMO, Musk is definitely not a natural alpha, but, it is impossible to not have lots of success with women if you are as wealthy as him.

Romans 8:18-21

"Most insults are compliments in disguise" -Mr. G

Deconstructing Elon Musk

^^^ can barely launch a rocket into space?

How do you mean?

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Quote: (11-16-2017 09:13 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

How do you mean?

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Electric semis... hahahah!

This is America, not the EU! Our semis run on diesel and run to the moon and back!

[Image: D90_55084.jpg]

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Don't we have enough Elon Musk threads?

Dude's a whipped as hell beta who married the same cum dumpster slut and divorced her not once, but TWICE.
If that's not the definition of a pathetic simp, I don't know what is.

All of Elon's little firms from SpaceX, Solar Shitty, and Tesla are stop gap technologies which will be made obsolete. Not only is the technology unremarkable, the whole thing will go belly up once the free government money goes away.

Tesla is the canary in the coal mine. Once that stock drops, that can be considered the market top and an omen to get the hell out of the stock market.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Relevant.

[Image: DBFgN4MXgAA9Msa.jpg]

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Are we all kidding?

Professionally, this guy is exactly the kind of "small, beetle like man" who is an apex predator in a system that caters to sociopathic bureaucrats. He's an absolute expert of praying on the utopian mentality of urban dwelling white people all while cynically milking them for all the tax dollars they're worth....it's not a coincidence that every single business he's launched just happened to coincide with a government program where the subsidies available greatly exceeded the demand.

All he did was step in and grab the cash off the table while laughing all the way to the bank at the suckers who worship his "genius". He's very much the same type of snake that people like Obama and Elizabeth Holmes are: hollow people who succeed in hollow systems.

Note that NONE of what I've said is contrary to him having terrible emotional frame or game, as any quick jaunt over to the Wall Street Oasis forums should be more than enough to prove. Being great at making gullible urban white people throw their money at you isn't quite the same skillset as being able to get a woman to love you or being emotionally mature. If anything those require antithetical personality traits.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

I like him.

I think he's doing cool stuff.

So what about women. There's a lot more important shit than living for pussy, and I don't see shit like breakups ever slowing him down nor do I ever hear about relationships making him lose his focus.

He's also secretive as fuck. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out he and his billionaire buddies partake in all the Eyes Wide Shut parties going on when the rest of us are asleep. These guys live in a different world than you and I.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Quote: (11-16-2017 09:52 PM)monster Wrote:  

I like him.

I think he's doing cool stuff.

Refer to Easy_C's post above yours. He is correct. Hopefully it will help stave off a dozen pages of bullshit so we don't have yet another ridiculous thread like the beginning of the power wall thread.

You are in love with a con man's sales pitch, not reality.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

He doesn't fit any of these alpha archetypes.

The guy is thought to have had quite a bit of work done on his body. He was balding badly in his 20s and not from high T:

[Image: Screen-Shot-2017-01-04-at-4.11.42-PM.png]

[Image: muks_paypal-879x485.jpg]

Pretty certain he's done something with his hair.

The price of Telsa sock is 11+ times the book value of the company. Most other car manufacturers are worth about 0.6 of the book value. The company makes big losses, but does have good rev. growth. But I think Musk has largely bamboozled people with his inspirational talk, which continues to fail to materialise. This year there's been quite a lot of turmoil at the company with 100s of firings. I don't think much of Musk's warez will come good, particularly his rockets, which seem to explode more than India's.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Quote: (11-16-2017 09:46 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

Are we all kidding?

Professionally, this guy is exactly the kind of "small, beetle like man" who is an apex predator in a system that caters to sociopathic bureaucrats. He's an absolute expert of praying on the utopian mentality of urban dwelling white people all while cynically milking them for all the tax dollars they're worth....it's not a coincidence that every single business he's launched just happened to coincide with a government program where the subsidies available greatly exceeded the demand.

All he did was step in and grab the cash off the table while laughing all the way to the bank at the suckers who worship his "genius". He's very much the same type of snake that people like Obama and Elizabeth Holmes are: hollow people who succeed in hollow systems.

Note that NONE of what I've said is contrary to him having terrible emotional frame or game, as any quick jaunt over to the Wall Street Oasis forums should be more than enough to prove. Being great at making gullible urban white people throw their money at you isn't quite the same skillset as being able to get a woman to love you or being emotionally mature. If anything those require antithetical personality traits.

His real skill is bolded.
Maybe add something about him being good at giving PC people the idea he's some briljant inventor.

When it comes to women Elon Musk is as beta as they come.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Quote: (11-16-2017 10:15 PM)Svoboda Wrote:  

Maybe add something about him being good at giving PC people the idea he's some brilliant inventor.

You mean throwing Panasonic batteries in a Lotus and slapping a Telsa sticker on it isn't "inventing"?

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Quote: (11-16-2017 09:19 PM)Vasily Zaytsev Wrote:  

How do you mean?

He's launched 17 rockets into space just this year, and has now landed a total of 20 first stages. He launched a secret govt payload today, and saved the govt a shit ton of money over the other usual sources. All the other rocket makers get govt money too, only Musk does it for far less than the others.

He may be beta talking about wanting female companionship, and he may be having problems with Tesla, but he's absolutely kicking ass with the rockets, with absolutely new first stage reuse, and with huge cost savings.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Deconstructing Elon Musk

If you want some background on his behavior just look at his mother, huge attention whore.

Probably didn't get enough love, he left her a few times to live with his father, who nurtured his geek passions.

Meanwhile his mother is now riding his success wave to launch her own career as an old model

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Quote: (11-16-2017 10:01 PM)IvanDrago Wrote:  

Refer to Easy_C's post above yours. He is correct. Hopefully it will help stave off a dozen pages of bullshit so we don't have yet another ridiculous thread like the beginning of the power wall thread.

You are in love with a con man's sales pitch, not reality.

Musk is a salesman, yes. A con man, no.

One can argue that he's not truly the innovator everyone makes him out to be and I don't disagree. There were spaceships before SpaceX, and there were electric cars before Tesla, and there were credit cards before PayPal.

But electric cars were ugly as sin before him. The Prius? The Volt? No one wants that shit. But look at the Roadster and the Model S. Those things are fucking cool.

He has also influenced lots of youngsters to look at the useful STEM fields because they feel what he's doing is cool rather than major in 15th century English literature.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Quote: (11-16-2017 10:48 PM)monster Wrote:  

But electric cars were ugly as sin before him. The Prius? The Volt? No one wants that shit. But look at the Roadster and the Model S. Those things are fucking cool.

Disagree. The Prius sold and still sells very strongly and soft-intro'd the tech to the masses in a utilitarian package. Don't forget Toyota fields an array of hybrid models, including the CT200h and hybrid variants of the RAV4, Highlander, ES, RX, Camry, and Avalon. Plus, they make money off their cars.

The Volt is far more usable on a daily basis for the majority of people than anything Tesla produces and completely eliminates 'range anxiety' with dual powertrains. And as 'sexy' as the Model 3 is to some people - I find it mediocre at best - you can buy a superior EV now in the Chevy Bolt.

Tesla deserves credit for catalyzing the demand and popularity of EVs, but with far superior economies of scale and the ability to lose-until-you-profit, GM, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, VW/Audi will bury Tesla in rather short order, especially considering - again - Tesla cannot handle any sort of volume production.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

I am all for govt cost savings but I am wondering if the space program is going to fall flat on it's face when it comes crunch time to do more than accomplish late 1950's feats using 21st century technology.

As far as the "inspiration" side of the conversation goes... Marketing packages, futuristic drawings and CG animations of "what could be" do nothing for me, I can get that at the movies. At this point, I am as inspired as I would be if IBM started releasing computers next year as large and slow as something made in 1962 or if GM re-released the Corvair for 2018.

The cynical side of me says it will fall flat in the coming years when it is time to do something that hasn't already been done before. I could be wrong though, only time will tell.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Haters in this thread.

First off, calling men alpha or beta is stupid. Give me a list of alpha and beta traits and I will tell you that any man is capable of showing such traits. A man could be alpha in a nightclub but beta around a girl that he falls for. A man could be beta around a woman but alpha in a combat zone. Some of you would probably call yourselves alpha. Will you tell me you don't "slip up" from time to time and act beta? Humans are not that simple.

Calling Elon a con man or comparing him to people like Elizabeth Holmes is ridiculous. Elizabeth Holmes's company Theranos, hasn't accomplished anything. Meanwhile, people thought Spacex wouldn't even be able to launch one rocket. They've launched several rockets and brought thousands of jobs to the United States while saving NASA hundreds of millions of dollars. Spacex was the first privately funded company to reach the ISS and actually land resused rocket.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Quote: (11-16-2017 10:29 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

Quote: (11-16-2017 09:19 PM)Vasily Zaytsev Wrote:  

How do you mean?

He's launched 17 rockets into space just this year, and has now landed a total of 20 first stages. He launched a secret govt payload today, and saved the govt a shit ton of money over the other usual sources. All the other rocket makers get govt money too, only Musk does it for far less than the others.

He may be beta talking about wanting female companionship, and he may be having problems with Tesla, but he's absolutely kicking ass with the rockets, with absolutely new first stage reuse, and with huge cost savings.

Yeah, you're right. He has certainly landed quite a few rockets. I was mostly being hyperbolic, but, I still think that SpaceX is a company that is destined to fail. And, even failing just one rocket launch will cost his company millions of dollars. The problem is that there is very little margin for error.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Quote: (11-16-2017 11:12 PM)PuppetMaster Wrote:  

Haters in this thread.

First off, calling men alpha or beta is stupid. Give me a list of alpha and beta traits and I will tell you that any man is capable of showing such traits. A man could be alpha in a nightclub but beta around a girl that he falls for. A man could be beta around a woman but alpha in a combat zone. Some of you would probably call yourselves alpha. Will you tell me you don't "slip up" from time to time and act beta? Humans are not that simple.

Calling Elon a con man or comparing him to people like Elizabeth Holmes is ridiculous. Elizabeth Holmes's company Theranos, hasn't accomplished anything. Meanwhile, people thought Spacex wouldn't even be able to launch one rocket. They've launched several rockets and brought thousands of jobs to the United States while saving NASA hundreds of millions of dollars. Spacex was the first privately funded company to reach the ISS and actually land resused rocket.

I will agree he has accomplished things, but nothing men before him didn't accomplish a half a century or more ago. I guess I don't understand why people are "inspired" only now. Is it the shiny Tesla sticker?

BTW, Using the word "haters" is beta [Image: smile.gif] [Image: smile.gif] [Image: smile.gif]

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Poor bastard can’t find love & happiness despite ticking every superficial box that the opposite sex has.

Gayface is a motherfucker.

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Quote: (11-16-2017 10:29 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

Absolutely. I'm not a fan of Tesla, in fact I hope it fails miserably along with the future of the entire nascent electric/self driving vehicle industry. But that's just my own personal distaste towards what a transformation of the automotive industry in that direction portends for future societal transformation rather than anything particular to Tesla or Musk himself.

With that said, I have to give Musk massive props for what he has achieved and the balls he has brought to entrepreneurship. When you amass a fortune amounting to hundreds of millions of dollars by the time you're in your early 20s and revolutionize an entire industry in the process like Musk had done with Paypal, most dudes would happily rest on their laurels and satisfy themselves with sticking to what has already worked for them.

But Musk? He plowed the entirety of his Paypal windfall into not 1, but 2 industries just about guaranteed to make a much richer man than Musk completely bankrupt: fucking Space Rockets(!) and electric cars. I've already said my bit about Tesla, but Musk doesn't get anywhere near the credit he deserves for SpaceX on this forum. It's an achievement that's completely unprecedented and still unmatched for a private individual acting on his own behalf and not on a government commission (like Boeing, Arianespace, etc) to launch shit into orbit, let alone become an industry leader in the launch industry.

People point to the fact SpaceX is getting government contracts as if that's evidence of Musk being a public-handout shyster when in reality SpaceX was massively successful before receiving any government attention. Look at who launched shit for the government before SpaceX came along: United Launch Alliance, a consortium of Boeing and Lockheed Martin, the Defense Industrial Complex in a nutshell. I'm pretty sure there was very little interest in the Pentagon to let a little upstart kid from South Africa with a paltry $300m in the bank to fuck with Boeing and Lockheed's income stream, and Musk certainly knew that the government was not going to come swooping to the rescue if he wasn't successful in the private launch market on his own merits.

Another thing I'll have to give Musk props for is he was a huge advocate of domestic American manufacturing a decade before the 2016 election. He's always made it a point to build his shit in house rather than being a true "prime contractor" which is literally like assembling glorified legos produced by other companies all over the world. He builds just about every nut and bolt in his rockets in house in the USA, and even Tesla has made strides to bring components previously only available from Asian manufacturers in house. In the beginning Tesla's electric motors were purchased from a Taiwanese supplier, now they're made in Tesla's American plants. Musk has also made a massive (granted hugely subsidized) investment to make the US into a leader in lithium battery cell production, another industry that was previously dominated by Asian suppliers.

I could go on but this should do for now. Do I give a shit about Musk's romantic shenanigans, given what he has accomplished outside of his love life? Nope, he's not a faggot, that's good enough for me. Even here, Musk might have had his missteps but note he's never been involved with dogs unlike many (if not most) of the world's Elite Tier men. Calling Elon Musk a "beta" while extolling the virtues of some no name tatted hoodlum "Alpha" because the latter's great accomplishment of pumping and dumping his women doesn't reflect well on what we're trying to accomplish here I don't think.