rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beginners Guide - UBS Cryptocurrencies Report 2017

I don't take any credit for the report

Knowledge around Cryptocurrencies on the web and on this forum is highly influenced by bro-science and uninformed opinions.

The 23-pages UBS Cryptocurrencies Report - October 2017 is the most complete introduction to the topic I've encountered.
  • Written by professionals
  • Introduction to blockchain and cryptocurrencies
  • Objective outlook on the future of cryptocurrencies
  • Interviews with high-profile executives
  • Outline of potential use cases in various industries
In short: read it if you are new to the topic

Can recommend it. The information is good, and I'll testify to that because I'm friends with the head of Cryptocurrency at one of the largest Wall Street banks.

First page in the introduction they underline:

"We think the sharp rise in crypto-currency valuations in recent months is a speculative bubble."

Exactly what I feel too

Quote: (11-09-2017 03:16 PM)semibaron Wrote:  

Knowledge around Cryptocurrencies on the web and on this forum is highly influenced by bro-science and uninformed opinions.

The 23-pages UBS Cryptocurrencies Report - October 2017 is the most complete introduction to the topic I've encountered.

Rubbish.

Bro-science and cryptocurrency is an idiotic comparison. In a brand new highly speculative market you have nothing to compare it to besides the information at hand which is not much, even the most experienced in this game are not really too sure what's going to happen.

Another huge financial institution bashing crypto? Wow. Just another Friday afternoon with crypto.. These institutions have hundreds of billions of dollars at stake, do you really think they want to risk losing any of that with crypto taking off with them having no hand in it? Come on.

THEY. ARE. TERRIFIED.

TA doesn't work on crypto, it's pure hype and emotion. EQ > IQ.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (11-10-2017 06:29 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

TA doesn't work on crypto, it's pure hype and emotion. EQ > IQ.

Most of your statement is true but I wouldn't go that far. TA doesn't work as much in crypto as it does in general stocks but it does have it's place.

The rumors, hype, pump/dump groups and noob investors do have a major effect. All in all, it's such a new market that you can't just rely on TA. You need to have everything aligned if you think you're going to make the right play. That means all of the above... TA, FA, rumors, news, etc etc. But saying TA flat out doesn't work is just false. I'm friends with many very experienced crypto guys that are spot on pretty much all the time.

Quote: (11-10-2017 10:50 AM)kuros Wrote:  

First page in the introduction they underline:

"We think the sharp rise in crypto-currency valuations in recent months is a speculative bubble."

Exactly what I feel too

There is a problem with this statement.
Because most crypto-currencies, especially bitcoin, have no use cases besides speculation and mining (which is another form of speculation), crypto-currencies have been in a speculative bubble since their inception.

Wasn't BTC already in a speculative bubble when it hit $100? Nobody knows when and if the bubble burst. It could also be very well possible that BTC will reach $10k, $20k or more.

However I definitely do agree with the reports view about the function as a form of payment and store of value. They give very good explanations why crypto-currencies won't be accepted by the mass or can't be a solid store of value.

Quote: (11-10-2017 06:22 PM)Biz Wrote:  

Quote: (11-09-2017 03:16 PM)semibaron Wrote:  

Rubbish.

Bro-science and cryptocurrency is an idiotic comparison. In a brand new highly speculative market you have nothing to compare it to besides the information at hand which is not much, even the most experienced in this game are not really too sure what's going to happen.

Another huge financial institution bashing crypto? Wow. Just another Friday afternoon with crypto.. These institutions have hundreds of billions of dollars at stake, do you really think they want to risk losing any of that with crypto taking off with them having no hand in it? Come on.

THEY. ARE. TERRIFIED.

I think it's very objectively written and covers much more than just bashing cryptos.

From my perspective, the report is an ideal entry point if you are new to the topic. Hence the thread title.