rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which are the safest/best cryptocurrencies webwallets?

I am currently in South America and here laptops get stolen on daily basis.

I don't plan to store all my cryptocurrencies on laptop or in some hardware which is too easy to steal.

I would like to have some safe options webwallets to choose from?

That are easy and straightforward to use, not ones that make me jump first through 10 layers of verification.

Thank you

I just use a paper wallet and a Ledger. Certainly wouldn't want my keys to be on the web anywhere.

Good discussion on this topic in this thread:

thread-65598.html

Yes I saw that thread, they discuss hardware wallets, which are easy to steal and then all your money are gone.

I want that cryptocurrencies are easier to use and safer than cash,

and not much more complicated and much more unsafe than cash...

I noticed that 99% of people in cryptocurrency world their only strategy is to "hodl" and wait for the price to go even more up.

Sounds like you maybe don't have a full understanding of hardware wallets. It doesn't really matter if someone steals it they can't access it without your pin and you havn't lost anything if you have your seed, you can buy a new Trezor and recover or recover through compatible web wallet. A web wallet is not more secure than a Hardware wallet.

As far as holding, I do think that's good for the crypto economy but honestly I have no issue with holders, that's why the majority of us are in this. I'm most likely never going to use crypto to buy coffee nor do I want to and nor do I think the growth of the industry needs that. I think crypto is fine being a store of value and used for more selective transactions ie for high risk merchants, larger ticket transactions, cross border transactions. From day one I never understood the hype about buying coffee or pizza with crypto, I'm not opposed to it but at least currently its no more convenient than cash or credit nor is it really a necessity.

I work in high risk industries where its literally impossible to get merchant processing so I do see the value in not needing a middle man to take payments but for coffee, pizza etc 3% is not really cost prohibitive, its not really that much cheaper considering you have to pay fees to buy crypto in the first place, and they dont have problems getting processing so while more options/choices are great I dont think its necessary

Quote: (11-10-2017 09:53 AM)kuros Wrote:  

Yes I saw that thread, they discuss hardware wallets, which are easy to steal and then all your money are gone.

I noticed that 99% of people in cryptocurrency world their only strategy is to "hodl" and wait for the price to go even more up.

Your money isn't gone if your hardware wallet is stolen or otherwise lost. It's still password protected (do Trezor and Nano Ledger use four or five digit passcodes?), and from what I've read the time between each password attempt increases so after only a limited number of failed tries you will be looking at days or weeks of waiting before the next try, and pretty soon years and decades.

You can restore your the contents of your wallet with your private keys or seed phrase.
Although obviously you have to store those somewhere safe too, so in the end there's always that final safety point that could be compromised.
It's to a certain degree probably up to each individual what's best for them. I know a paper wallet would never work for me for instance, there's around a 95% chance I would lose it in some way within a few years maximum.

Quote: (11-10-2017 11:12 AM)MikeS Wrote:  

Your money isn't gone if your hardware wallet is stolen or otherwise lost. It's still password protected (do Trezor and Nano Ledger use four or five digit passcodes?), and from what I've read the time between each password attempt increases so after only a limited number of failed tries you will be looking at days or weeks of waiting before the next try, and pretty soon years and decades.

You can restore your the contents of your wallet with your private keys or seed phrase.
Although obviously you have to store those somewhere safe too, so in the end there's always that final safety point that could be compromised.
It's to a certain degree probably up to each individual what's best for them. I know a paper wallet would never work for me for instance, there's around a 95% chance I would lose it in some way within a few years maximum.

With the Trezor to my understanding you don't have access to your private keys you only know your seed. I believe they say it would defeat the security to show you your keys.

The pincode is 6 characters. You can additionally setup a passphrase as well though I would recommend against it, reason being I"ve read posts of people who lose it and even with the seed you can't get in so having your seed as a recovery tool is pointless if you don't know the passphrase.

LOL WHAT?