rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Berkeley protest (August 27, 2017)

There was supposed to be a Patriot Prayer today in Berkeley but Antifa showed up in force and the police has stood down to allow them to assault with impunity.

Quote:[/url]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/901910367239938048]

As best I can make out, yesterday there was supposed to be a right wing rally in San Francisco, but it was shut down because of fear of violence from counter protesters for peace.

And then today, there was supposed to be a rally against hate in Berkeley, which basically means only antifa show up and the representatives from the right are few and far between.

I have followed this Twitter stream from a very naive journalist from San Francisco.

She is having a difficult time figuring out why things are getting violent even though mostly everyone at the protest is on the left.

For some reason, she seems to believe that antifa are anti-hate.

She goes from that, to. a little time later, this:

Quote:

She has no idea what is happening. Life isn't making sense.

Wait a minute, she just needs to get into the proper victim spirit, then she will understand.

God no, her water bottle has been confiscated.

Now she gets it.

Quote:

She is so flustered, she is inventing words. Latest word from Lizzie is "squirmish."

Quote:

It is looking like this is about 2000 leftists, with maybe three or four guys in Trump hats idiotically showing up with predictable brave antifa results.

Quote:

Not enough Trump supporters, so to combat hate they are going after journalists:

Quote:

This is so predictable it is getting tedious. Doesn't deserve a thread.

Left initiates violence. Police hide. People on the right get beaten. Sometimes fight back. Reporters say either peaceful protesters defended themselves against violent Nazis, or, charitably, there was violence on both sides.

The social engineering is so obvious. They aren't even trying to fool us anymore.

It is the same thing over and over.

The only one surprised is our girl Lizzie:

Quote:

I can't wait to see how she spins her article in tomorrow's SF Chronicle.

Strap in Lizzie, it's going to take some talent to turn that clusterfuck into a peaceful protest against evil Nazis.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Edit. Oops, I was wrong. Got set straight by cuckjournalist Shane Bauer.

Right was supposed to have a rally in the park, but was met by this.

Quote:

It is funny, but the violence doesn't seem to bother our boy Shane. Nor does the removal of the last of our rights: Speech and Assembly.

In fact it all seems to give him a little chubby.

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/901911588562640896]

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/PoliticalShort/status/901915055213625344][/url]

Watching this I reckon Antifa mobs could be referred to as Ants. They visually move and swarm victims in the same way and the same type of hive mind is in control.

^^^ I like how the girl got her baton stolen at :07 and just looks down in weakness.

The Berkeley police may have stood down, but at least they are arresting the guy who wants to lead some prayer.

That is the cherry on top.

I am glad they arrested him, a guy who makes tweets like this:

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/JoeyRockstone/status/899280031066738692]

In another thread I optimistically posted a statement by the new chancellor at UC Berkeley reaffirming the university's commitment to free speech:

thread-50871...pid1638555

She said this, and a lot more, and it gave me hope:

Quote:Quote:

This fall, the issue of free speech will once more engage our community in powerful and complex ways. Events in Charlottesville, with their racism, bigotry, violence and mayhem, make the issue of free speech even more tense. The law is very clear; public institutions like UC Berkeley must permit speakers invited in accordance with campus policies to speak, without discrimination in regard to point of view. The United States has the strongest free speech protections of any liberal democracy; the First Amendment protects even speech that most of us would find hateful, abhorrent and odious, and the courts have consistently upheld these protections.

But the most powerful argument for free speech is not one of legal constraint — that we’re required to allow it — but of value. The public expression of many sharply divergent points of view is fundamental both to our democracy and to our mission as a university. The philosophical justification underlying free speech, most powerfully articulated by John Stuart Mill in his book, On Liberty, rests on two basic assumptions. The first is that truth is of such power that it will always ultimately prevail; any abridgement of argument therefore compromises the opportunity of exchanging error for truth. The second is an extreme skepticism about the right of any authority to determine which opinions are noxious or abhorrent. Once you embark on the path to censorship, you make your own speech vulnerable to it.

Guess I was premature. And she has her work cut out for her.

Edit

Timeline and live coverage from SF Chronicle here
http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/B...003490.php

What a hoot. Look at this lone Trump supporter, trolling antifa now that he is safely surrounded by police:

[Image: 1024x1024.jpg]

So dopey. Who isn't against hate? This is a spontaneous flash mob straw man.

This chick has found a way to make it about her.

Supposedly this is a picture of Irma Hinojosa. If so, she might be better looking than I used to think:

It might not be her, though. I got this picture from the SF Chronicle, and for some reason, they think the guy she is talking to is Alex Jones.

(It's image 15)

http://www.sfgate.com/news/slideshow/Ber...958452.php

So far I haven't seen any pictures of the supposed right wing rally which show how many people attended. I guess it would look really bad to post a long range shot with ten dudes in MAGA hats surrounded by 2000 anarchists with bike locks. Would make it hard to maintain the peace narrative.

Carl Jung

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/MrNashington/status/901935354458112002]

Trump is letting his base down. People seriously need to start giving him shit for it at rallies.

I would like to add the AltRight was willing to do their rally regardless of antifa threats. Things went south when the police didn't merely stand down, but when the police acted against them and they were pushed into Antifa.

A lot of people seemed to find that funny or some failure on the altright's part (not to say the altright didnt make blunders in addition to that). Well, other right wingers are cancelling rallies on the mere possibility of violence, and being dispersed by the police merely standing down.

This was a set up, but a lesser one. Still folded. The right is at a huge organizational disadvantage which must be remedied. Antifa may be filled with frail AIDs patients, but they have powerful friends.

[Image: 4f25c64ccf1638388ab438b0624023cd37458d76.jpg]

Commiefornia makes the dipshit state of Illinois look sane.

Quote: (08-27-2017 05:45 PM)Eskhander Wrote:  

[Image: 4f25c64ccf1638388ab438b0624023cd37458d76.jpg]

Right wing gatherings, in democratic cities, have been setups since long before the election. Since the primaries.

I am starting to lose sympathy for these dopes. I mean really? They couldn't have predicted what was going to happen in Charlottesville, and now Berkeley?

Doesn't anyone remember San Jose, last year?

[Image: 460x.jpg]

The left doesn't believe in the rule of law, except for their in-group.

What makes this all especially pathetic, is this is what the left does when it wins. They got all the right wing, prayer group rallies shut down in San Francisco yesterday. It sounds like it was a skeleton crew on the right in today's rally. It was a complete victory. They should be at home celebrating.

But they are angrier than ever. They don't really have principles or sense. They just want violence.

I hope the media is happy defending these maniacs. I am sure there will be no blowback or negative consequences.

Carl Jung

One day this kind of liberal city set up will be turned into another where a concerned citizen or several let loose with heavy weaponry and flip it.

They aren't even hiding their intentions:

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/EsemicolonR/status/901917394838441984][/url]

And yet the people of Berkeley are welcoming them like they were troops liberating Paris.

Carl Jung

I am glad they admit No Wall = No USA

Quote: (08-27-2017 05:21 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

In another thread I optimistically posted a statement by the new chancellor at UC Berkeley reaffirming the university's commitment to free speech:

About that...

[Image: christ280.jpg]

Remember: "Hair above the chin, subversion from within." Based on experience and instinct, I don't want to trust a woman who looks like John McCain.

While at Cal, she helped shape the school’s response to Proposition 209, a 1996 voter-approved law that barred public colleges in the state from considering race in college admissions. The percentage of black students at Berkeley is around 3 percent, half of the 6 percent of California’s population that African Americans comprise statewide.

“I’m very concerned about that and it’s going to be one of my high priorities,” Christ said.

When she came to Berkeley, women made up just a fraction of Berkeley’s faculty. “I remember what that felt like and I can only imagine what African American students feel like being only 3 percent,” she said.

See? The laws don't matter, because she feels.

Christ also served as faculty assistant to the chancellor for the status of women and as Title IX compliance coordinator during her first turn at Berkeley so she has long been familiar with the problem of campus sexual assault. “Now there’s this sense of both anger and a sense of self worth that says no, I shouldn’t be treated this way,” she said.

Christ, a self-professed “child of the women’s liberation movement,” plans to approach the issue by having “conversations … that cut across different groups.”

Social Justice Reform Judaism detected.

Her spouse was Berkeley Academic Paul Ayers, who died a few years back. Given his... appearance, I wasn't surprised to discover that he co-signed this letter back in 2003.

PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST:

AN OPEN LETTER FROM AMERICAN JEWS TO OUR GOVERNMENT

Which, as expected, is Reformism challenging Zionism.

In fact, both the Israeli and Palestinian peoples have suffered great wrongs at the hands of the other, albeit in different and unequal ways; both have legitimate grievances, legitimate fears, and legitimate distrust of the other people's willingness to compromise for the sake of peace.

Though the signers of this letter have a wide range of views about the blame for the present situation, we have a common view of what a solution will have to consist of.

Incremental attempts at building trust have reached an impasse. The only alternative to endless war is a comprehensive settlement based on simple but radical principles:

-- Israeli and Palestinian lives are equally precious.

-- The Israeli and Palestinian peoples have equal rights to national self-determination and to live in peace and security.

-- The Israeli and Palestinian peoples have equal rights to a fair share of the land and resources of historic Palestine.

Fair-minded people throughout the world have long understood with some precision what a tenable solution, respecting these principles, would entail:

-- Two national states, Israel and Palestine, with equal sovereignty, equal rights and equal responsibilities.

Obviously, the takeaway from this is this Chancellor is not a friend of the right, and her interests in free speech are only about allow the staff and the students of the University to criticize Israel from a Pro-Palestine perspective, and, therefore is not to be trusted.

Don't take the bait.

EDIT:

Have a read, understand the ramifications. Note all of the groups who signed the letter, and who they sent the letter to, and who was acting VC at the time this course was reinstaed.

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/09/.../2004.html

Do you see?

Jews who are consistent third worldists are worse than the ones who hypocritically support Israel

Quote: (08-27-2017 06:06 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

They aren't even hiding their intentions:

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/EsemicolonR/status/901917394838441984][/url]

And yet the people of Berkeley are welcoming them like they were troops liberating Paris.

Noting all the criticism of Antifa hiding behing masks.
On a political / metaphorical level.
That chant of "no USA" is the moment Antifa "let the mask slip".

Alt-right get what's it deserves in Berkeley.

Get a fucking clue.

Berkeley, fucking California...literally... literally... the most Liberal and left leaning city in the USA. Nobody will be on your side in that city so what idiot though it would be a good idea to plan a rally there? This would be the same as planning a Christian prayer service dead middle in Ridiyah, Saudi Arabia and being surprised to get arrested or get hit in the head with a shoe (of SAs favourite, a baseball sized rock).

What idiot is keep planning these rally's in lefty swamps like Boston, Seattle, and Berkeley? Get real. Go have a rally in open-carry cities in red America's heartland instead of Starbucks happy wasteland Seattle or Berkeley.

The folks running this section of the Alt-Right are fucking morons.

Trump is a massive fraud if he doesn't do something to take down Soros footsoldiers aka Antifa.

Doesn't have to be right away, but this will be a key issue like the wall.

I wish I understood the point of all this? What are right wingers trying to accomplish by holding these protests?

Someone please explain.

Aloha!

"No USA"

But according to our fearless GOP leaders Romney and Rubio, these are the good guys.

Cuckservatives indeed. Severely cuckservative.

Take care of those titties for me.

Quote: (08-27-2017 06:56 PM)Kona Wrote:  

I wish I understood the point of all this? What are right wingers trying to accomplish by holding these protests?

Someone please explain.

Aloha!

Beating up on leftist phaggots? I bet it feels good.

Though I think most of these are paid plants.

Quote: (08-27-2017 06:54 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Alt-right get what's it deserves in Berkeley.

Get a fucking clue.

Berkeley, fucking California...literally... literally... the most Liberal and left leaning city in the USA. Nobody will be on your side in that city so what idiot though it would be a good idea to plan a rally there? This would be the same as planning a Christian prayer service dead middle in Ridiyah, Saudi Arabia and being surprised to get arrested or get hit in the head with a shoe (of SAs favourite, a baseball sized rock).

What idiot is keep planning these rally's in lefty swamps like Boston, Seattle, and Berkeley? Get real. Go have a rally in open-carry cities in red America's heartland instead of Starbucks happy wasteland Seattle or Berkeley.

The folks running this section of the Alt-Right are fucking morons.

You're assuming they don't want conflict.

How much attention would be garnered by a peaceful rally in Topeka, Kansas?

[Image: DIRkYFlUEAAWp6R?format=jpg]

Take care of those titties for me.

Quote: (08-27-2017 06:56 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Someone please explain.

Aloha!

Optics. They are showing the snakes under the porch.

One small good result :

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/fedupppp/status/901968587019182084][/url]

The idiocy is so supreme that I can only assume Alt-Right = Controlled Opposition. I bet they're even being paid by the same masters of Antifa and BLM.

"Christian love bears evil, but it does not tolerate it. It does penance for the sins of others, but it is not broadminded about sin. Real love involves real hatred: whoever has lost the power of moral indignation and the urge to drive the sellers from temples has also lost a living, fervent love of Truth."

- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen