rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Variations of Alpha

Variations of Alpha

What are the essential qualities of Alpha that transcend location and time?

Variations of Alpha

"Alpha" is a word created for animals:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_(ethology)

Variations of Alpha

Quote: (09-06-2011 01:07 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

"Alpha" is a word created for animals:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_(ethology)

I'm talking about as it relates to pickup. I'm sure there are some vestigial/animal things that come into play, but some girls get turned off by big muscles etc. because they see it as a DLV ( like try-hard, or poor / working class ).

I mean alpha as it relates to the various types of chicks.. conservatives, hipster/lefty, etc. - is there a common vibe quality that gets through to all of them, or is just matter calibrating for each group?

Variations of Alpha

Soup,

Search the forum, this has been discussed many times.

Variations of Alpha

Quote: (09-06-2011 01:57 PM)soup Wrote:  

I'm talking about as it relates to pickup. I'm sure there are some vestigial/animal things that come into play, but some girls get turned off by big muscles etc. because they see it as a DLV ( like try-hard, or poor / working class ).

I mean alpha as it relates to the various types of chicks.. conservatives, hipster/lefty, etc. - is there a common vibe quality that gets through to all of them, or is just matter calibrating for each group?

Muscles and confidence. Observe a lion's swagger. Mix that with a muscular bod.

There's your universal alpha.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Variations of Alpha

Quote: (09-06-2011 02:11 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (09-06-2011 01:57 PM)soup Wrote:  

Muscles and confidence. Observe a lion's swagger. Mix that with a muscular bod.

There's your universal alpha.

Meh, I don't think muscles have much to do with being Alpha. Maybe in the most animalistic sense, but there can be guys who are alpha based on intelligence alone. Alpha is about being dominant and there are many ways to interpret dominance. Being the smartest kid in your class while applying other basic elements of game is sure to get you ass.

Variations of Alpha

Alpha is simply a measure of status (however defined).

Status is a measure of influence, power, or control, relative to an in-group.

In-groups, like evolutionary environments, are often random. In the United States, football players are alpha. Football is not objectively better than soccer. Yet in the U.S., due to cultural forces and other contexts outside of a person's control, football is a high status sport.

There is therefore no "universal alpha."

Variations of Alpha

Quote: (09-06-2011 03:38 PM)thekid Wrote:  

Meh, I don't think muscles have much to do with being Alpha. Maybe in the most animalistic sense, but there can be guys who are alpha based on intelligence alone. Alpha is about being dominant and there are many ways to interpret dominance. Being the smartest kid in your class while applying other basic elements of game is sure to get you ass.

I don't write the rules, bruh. Women react according to animalistic terms. How often do you see a woman pass up on the jock and the bad boy for the nerd?

There is nothing that communicates raw sexuality than power (muscles) and confidence.

Of course you could up your swag either with cash or just become a certified felon but it's a lot easier to get muscles than be a baller.
And it's a lot safer to have muscles than to be a felon.

You dig?

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Variations of Alpha

Quote: (09-06-2011 03:52 PM)Moma Wrote:  

I don't write the rules, bruh. Women react according to animalistic terms. How often do you see a woman pass up on the jock and the bad boy for the nerd?

There is nothing that communicates raw sexuality than power (muscles) and confidence.

Of course you could up your swag either with cash or just become a certified felon but it's a lot easier to get muscles than be a baller.

You dig?

Then how do you explain hipster chicks that get grossed out by big muscles?

Variations of Alpha

Quote: (09-06-2011 04:06 PM)soup Wrote:  

You dig?

The word 'big' is relative. If a chick grows up surrounded by NFL hulksters, then she may yawn at a pair of Brad Pitt (fight club) biceps.

Now if your chick grows up around Peewee Herman nerdsters, then she may get wow'ed by the same Brad Pitt biceps and actually get grossed out.

But the point is, a strong body conveys power and security and that is what triggers most lizards.

It's a bit like saying 'what about guys who get 'grossed out' by big tits (let's go with C cups) and shapely buns?

Yes those guys exist but I assure you they are a minority.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Variations of Alpha

I think MikeCF's comment sums it up quite well.

"Then how do you explain hipster chicks that get grossed out by big muscles?"

I think these girls are in a small minority. I have met very girls that don't like muscle on a guy. Sure you don't have to be a hulking 250lb linebacker, but just being in shape and having a good physique can help ten fold.

Any man who has spent a decent amount of time in the gym can testify to this.

"But the point is, a strong body conveys power and security and that is what triggers most lizards."

Right on.

Variations of Alpha

muscles will not make you alpha...

confidence/the ability to dominate a setting is the most important thing. Muscles will only help those two key factors.

Variations of Alpha

"muscles will not make you alpha..."

Where did I say that? Don't think anyone else did either. Nice clothes, money, being well groomed, being in shape, all not necessary...but sure help. This is the point.

Honestly though, from my experience, the only people who say muscles don't help are the rake thin ones who never get down the gym. It makes a difference in my opinion. You can't change your looks, but why not do something you have control over, that has massive benefits in all areas of your life?

No one says you have to be Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Variations of Alpha

Alpha is the new gay.

Variations of Alpha

Quote:Quote:

Nice clothes, money, being well groomed, being in shape, all not necessary...but sure help. This is the point.

None of these are inherently "alpha" traits. Alpha is a mentality, a vibe, a presence, a mindset. Even the worst omegas can have all of the above, but if they lack the mentality... well, there you go.

Honestly the whole alpha obsession has gone too far. Most guys are missing the point entirely. It's not about "trying" to be alpha, it's about dropping or modifying behaviors that are unfavorable when it comes to communicating with and seducing women and knowing that you are dominant and in control. That is what confidence is.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Variations of Alpha

Alpha is status. Chicks are universally attracted to high-status men, but the definition of what that means changes depending on the context.

Alpha behavior is mannerisms that confirm to her that you are a high-status man.

Variations of Alpha

Look good, feel good.

Everybody knows working out helps relieve stress and is generally good for you. If you are working out regularly, you will gain more confidence as opposed to being completely out of shape. Confidence is the building block. How you use it is up to you.

"You only live once, and the way I live, once is enough."

Variations of Alpha

Gmac,

So, would you say that we all have the potential to be Alpha, or to be able to be perceived that way?

What are some of the behaviors and traits?

Variations of Alpha

Quote: (09-08-2011 01:39 PM)soup Wrote:  

Gmac,

So, would you say that we all have the potential to be Alpha, or to be able to be perceived that way?

What are some of the behaviors and traits?

Everyone has the potential to be alpha.
Not everyone has the discipline, dedication, devotion, and desire to actually see it through and make it happen.

People's brains are also wired differently. Some have to work harder than others to achieve something. "Becoming" alpha is just like mastering any other complicated personal change in your life. If you were a really shy, introverted, socially awkward kid growing up and now you're much more sociable, you've already taken a big step in the right direction.

There was a post on here a few months ago that described it perfectly. Once you've mastered the alpha mentality you won't really realize it. Things will come naturally, which is why a lot of these guys will tell you to just "be yourself." You can't do that when you're making all kinds of beta mistakes and making all the wrong moves. That's the whole point behind the saying "fake it till you make it."

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Variations of Alpha

Quote: (09-06-2011 04:21 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (09-06-2011 04:06 PM)soup Wrote:  

You dig?

The word 'big' is relative. If a chick grows up surrounded by NFL hulksters, then she may yawn at a pair of Brad Pitt (fight club) biceps.

Now if your chick grows up around Peewee Herman nerdsters, then she may get wow'ed by the same Brad Pitt biceps and actually get grossed out.

But the point is, a strong body conveys power and security and that is what triggers most lizards.

It's a bit like saying 'what about guys who get 'grossed out' by big tits (let's go with C cups) and shapely buns?

Yes those guys exist but I assure you they are a minority.

When most girls say they're "grossed out by big muscles", they're usually picturing bodybuilder-types. Ottermode nearly always receives favorable responses, no matter what they may say.