rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Current Diet

My Current Diet

Here is my current diet for you guys to look at, critique criticize, etc...

Currently at 6'2", 257, between 13 and 15 percent bodyfat.

Breakfast

Multivitamins
8 fish oil caps
6 eggs
16 ounces chocolate milk
1 banana

2nd meal
2 scoops whey
8 ounces milk
4 ounces coconut milk
2 tbsp almond butter

Lunch
10 Oz grilled chicken
1 cup brown rice
Mixed veggies
16 Oz milk

3rd meal
Same as 2nd

Dinner
Typically 8-10 Oz of chicken, fish or steak
200 calories of a grain or carb source with a relatively low glycemic index.
Greens such as spinach or kale

Before bed
8 oz milk
1 scoop egg white protein
1tbsp peanut butter

I drink around 3/4 to half a gallon a day of water with some ACV mixed in as I feel this helps digest the food a little better.

My Current Diet

Nice. Take a dexascan to test your true body fat. Fasting glucose and lipids too for a more complete picture. If you are 13-15% bf at that weight then you are already in very good shape.

Do you tolerate milk pretty well? It's got alot of carbs and you are drinking alot of it. If you wanted to cut down you could drop some of the milk from your diet. Also why not spread the fish oil tablets throughout the day, if possible?

Do you carb cycle? Is this diet the same everyday regardless of whether you trained or not?

- Clint Barton

My Current Diet

I tolerate milk very well I was raised it from a young age so I guess thats why.

This is a slow bulk diet, weight rising 3-4 ounces a week on average. When I notice myself getting a little pudgy I cut for a few weeks then back on it.

My Current Diet

How's the quality of the food? Organic vegetables? Grass fed beef? Wild fish?

- Clint Barton

My Current Diet

It's all mostly home cooked but to be honest I don't really care if it's organic or grass fed.

I'm putting enough extra hormones into my body already that the trace amount of dietary intake doesn't seem too significant.

Not to say it's a bad idea, but we all have a budget.

My Current Diet

I sub milk out and add kefir, but im lactose intolerant. Looks like a solid diet, steelex.

What can i sub out almond butter for? olive oil? Almond butter is hard to get where I am.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

My Current Diet

I think your diet is good. Last thing I would ask is if you are avoiding vegetable oils like canola, grapeseed, etc.

- Clint Barton

My Current Diet

Almond butter sub for peanut butter.

I only cook with olive oil.

That would be a lot of kefir.

My Current Diet

This looks pretty much like a typical person's diet with a couple protein shakes to boost protein and calories. Simple is best I guess.

- What is the rough caloric and protein count here?

- Do you feel hungry when following this diet, or are you forcing yourself to finish?

- Do you get bored/ tired of this diet?

- How long have you been following this diet?

My Current Diet

8 fish oil caps? Are those 1,000mg caps? If so, is there a real benefit to taking 8g of fish oil a day as apposed to just 1g or 2g (especially on days where you eat fish for dinner)?

Seems like a solid diet, though. I love milk too and it's awesome for gaining and maintaining. I also love chocolate milk [Image: wink.gif]

My Current Diet

I'm not a doctor but here goes...

Fish oil does a damn good job of countering some of the issues you get from taking bodybuilding "supplements". It thins the blood, helps with cholesterol, helps with inflammation, joint pain, ect.

Body weight is also a factor in dosage.

The fact is, eating hella food and taking super supps is bad for you, so you have to mitigate it with certain things. If I had more money I would be on like 70 other different supplements but I feel like you can get the lions share of preventative benefits from greens, acv, veggies, a good multi, and water.

I may add milk thistle and some r-ala in the future but good quality is expensive.

My Current Diet

Quote: (07-27-2017 06:41 AM)Steelex Wrote:  

Almond butter sub for peanut butter.

I only cook with olive oil.

That would be a lot of kefir.

Kefir's cheap, thankfully. I make my own daily. I make about 4 cups worth a day, so I have to at least drink that or I can't store it all.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

My Current Diet

i have a question. why is chocolate milk better than regular milk? and is it ok to drink chocolate milk for breakfast,lunch and dinner

My Current Diet

Chocolate milk is better than regular milk because it tastes better. The only difference between the two is that choco milk has sugar and cocoa in it. Can give you a little more of an energy boost I s'pose would be another benefit.

My Current Diet

Quote: (07-26-2017 02:22 PM)Steelex Wrote:  

When I notice myself getting a little pudgy I cut for a few weeks then back on it.

I'm currently at this point, was out of the gym for a month, ate and drank like shit, but I'm currently back to my current diet.

I feel bloated and a bit pudgy, specifically just around my stomach.

So you're doing mini cutting cycles ? If so, what are you changing in your diet ?

My Current Diet

Quote: (07-27-2017 12:00 PM)miggyme1 Wrote:  

i have a question. why is chocolate milk better than regular milk? and is it ok to drink chocolate milk for breakfast,lunch and dinner

Depends how fat you are.

My Current Diet

If money wasn't an option, what other supplements would you take?

Also, I'm 6'2" ~210 lbs. How much fish oil should I take? I take 1g a day currently.

My Current Diet

Quote: (07-27-2017 12:05 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Quote: (07-26-2017 02:22 PM)Steelex Wrote:  

When I notice myself getting a little pudgy I cut for a few weeks then back on it.

I'm currently at this point, was out of the gym for a month, ate and drank like shit, but I'm currently back to my current diet.

I feel bloated and a bit pudgy, specifically just around my stomach.

So you're doing mini cutting cycles ? If so, what are you changing in your diet ?

I might cut 500 or cut 1500 a day. If I cut 1500 a day I'm pretty much losing a pound every 2-3 days, but that's only because my start point is so high. If your pounding 4500-5000 cals a day and drop to 3000 your metabolism is already revved up to burn 5. That doesn't last forever, your body adapts pretty darn quick.

Its not like an in stone thing. I don't plan when to cut but if my size 36 pants don't fit in the waist I know it's time to torch. Im not going to the trouble of finding 38x34 Dickies carpenter pants.

My Current Diet

Quote: (07-27-2017 01:02 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

If money wasn't an option, what other supplements would you take?

Also, I'm 6'2" ~210 lbs. How much fish oil should I take? I take 1g a day currently.

I take 8 cause I feel vulnerable from all the other shit.

I may be going overboard but I do know my joints feel better at higher doses. Poliquin has gone as far as to reccomend 30-45g a day but fuck that.

1-3 should be fine. Bloodwork could indicate a further need.

My Current Diet

Surprised you're not getting called out for all the processed food (i.e whey protein, egg white protein, chocolate milk) but I think guys here tend look the other way with regard to protein supplements.

Is the chicken skinless and boneless?

If only you knew how bad things really are.

My Current Diet

Quote: (07-28-2017 06:03 AM)RexImperator Wrote:  

Surprised you're not getting called out for all the processed food (i.e whey protein, egg white protein, chocolate milk) but I think guys here tend look the other way with regard to protein supplements.

Is the chicken skinless and boneless?

If it works for him, then why would he get 'called out'? He is big and relatively lean, and processed foods are perfectly consistent with his goals.

You got called out because your goal is to not be fat, yet you are engaged in dietary practices that are more likely to contribute to fat gain. Steelex is amenable to gaining fat, you are specifically trying to lose it. You are not in the same dietary basket. Steelex is achieving his goals, and you are not - that is another very important detail that should not be overlooked.

I don't think anyone particularly minds what another man puts into his body. The point was you asked for advice, received it, and then were entirely resistant to it. That's what brought the heat.

I eat bacon for breakfast most days. I have veins on my abs. Bacon is consistent with my goals. If I start to gain fat, I remove bacon from my diet, and remove any other dietary choices I may have made that are also contributing to excessive fat gain until such time as I am at an acceptable level of leanness again. Then I reintroduce things slowly.

My Current Diet

the more important question is how does the diet make you feel?

Do you have energy throughout the day? Does it give you calories to meet your lifting/exercising goals?

How do women react to your body?

At that height/weight you are considered obese according to the BMI. But this measurement is typically inaccurate with heavy lifters.

My Current Diet

I don't feel like processed food is the devil. However it is often calorie dense and often has a high glycemic index. If your metabolism is slow then it may pose a problem.

I'm an ectomorph by nature so this diet works for me but would not work an endomorph who needs to be eating chicken, broccoli and brown rice.

My Current Diet

Quote: (07-28-2017 08:48 AM)Kissinger2014 Wrote:  

the more important question is how does the diet make you feel?

Do you have energy throughout the day? Does it give you calories to meet your lifting/exercising goals?

How do women react to your body?

At that height/weight you are considered obese according to the BMI. But this measurement is typically inaccurate with heavy lifters.

Honestly it's a grind. I'd rather eat something else but the simplicity keeps me on track. When I start giving myself options I fuck up, I'm a creature of habit.

It works out well for me in the gym, I'm still making linear progress in one way or another and my training is fairly simple.

Some chicks like it, some don't. But at this point I don't really care what they think. The biggest benefit is you just get treated better and nobody tries that AMOG shit on you.

My Current Diet

That and the increase in IOI's is crazy. Sometimes I dont even have the time to approach.

Diet looks good for an ecto. On a cut you should definitly drop the milk, rice, and penut butter. Replace rice with some type of green. I.e. salad. Agian, only on a cut. The pudginess you feel from time to time are yhe carbs getting stored as fat according to your diet. Especially the milk. However, the milk really helps adding calories. Thats why I recommend only during a cut.

I don't agree with the back and forth (cutting when you feel fat). A good bulk you are going to gain some fat. If your bulking than bulk for at least 12 weeks. If your cutting than cut. Other than that keep up the good work!

Please don't like my posts or rep me. I do not wish to be judged by how many rep points and/or likes I have.