rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

London

London

I moved to London 9 months ago and haven't cracked it yet. On average, the women are not attractive. That said, in a city this big there are obviously a lot of hot women. Problem is I cannot seem to find them in the bars here. Anybody have any insights?? Thanks in advance.

London

Any hot women in England would be immigrants. The native women of the UK are NOT attractive, and they often have bad teeth. I hate saying that because I'm a big fan of England and consider them like our brothers on the world stage, but their women I am not crazy about. Love the accents though, that's a saving grace. That accent might make an average British girl look cute to me.

London

25 Percent of British Women Don't Brush Teeth on a Daily Basis

Quote:Quote:

One in four British women admits to not looking after her teeth, including brushing and flossing, on a daily basis, according to a new survey released today.

The survey asked women how important a good smile was; nearly two thirds (65%) of the women surveyed believe that a good smile results in a more confident individual, followed by 18% who said that someone with a good smile would be more likely to be successful in regards to romance and attracting a partner.

London

Quote: (08-25-2008 02:16 PM)nwo4life Wrote:  

I moved to London 9 months ago and haven't cracked it yet. On average, the women are not attractive. That said, in a city this big there are obviously a lot of hot women. Problem is I cannot seem to find them in the bars here. Anybody have any insights?? Thanks in advance.

I lived in the UK for about 4 years when I was in the military, and most of the hot ones aren't easy to find. The nice looking ones I remember were from small towns like Newbury, Thatcham or Welford. Some decent sized towns like Swindon and Reading might be worth a trip, but I recommend you take a day trip to Oxford or Cambridge and try a few of the pubs there, it might be a better target area for you.

When I lived in the UK, I only had 2 girlfriends, one was in the military stationed in the same spot, and the other was a French Au Pair. If Oxford and Cambridge is a bust, try hopping the channel on a ferry and visit the towns near Calais.

London

I've never been but I'm told the London bar and club scene is very fickle and to find the hottest girls you have to go to the hottest clubs, makes sense I guess.

I had a click around a few promoter sites and these look pretty good:
Chinawhite
Funky Buddha
Studio Valbone
Carbon
Pangaea
Maya
Aura

Only drama is getting in. A few of the sites I looked at seemed to be able to get you on the guest list, seems odd but if it works.

'I blew most of my money on fast cars, booze and women. The rest I squandered' - George Best

London

For London, I think your best bet is to go for the girls who are tourists or visiting for short stays. London is PACKED with them at any time of the year. Lots of Canadians, Americans, Australian girls either staying there on working visas for a few months or passing through on their way to Europe. In addition there are hordes of young european girls in town to learn English. Go for the tourist spots. The pubs, bars and clubs around Leicester Square, Covent Garden and Piccadilly are packed with them. Other areas are Knightsbridge and Kings Road. In addition, check out the pubs in areas where there are a lot of hostels or budget accomodation for students and travellers - Earls Court, Baker Street, Bayswater.

If you want to hook up with British girls, you should catch them on vacation when they are their sluttiest and drunkest. Take a trip down to places like Crete or Ayya Nappa, Ibiza, Benidorm etc.. It is cheap and you can see the British at their worst.

London

Quote: (08-26-2008 09:04 PM)basil Wrote:  

I've never been but I'm told the London bar and club scene is very fickle and to find the hottest girls you have to go to the hottest clubs, makes sense I guess.

Chinawhite
Funky Buddha
Studio Valbone
Carbon
Pangaea
Maya
Aura

Only drama is getting in. A few of the sites I looked at seemed to be able to get you on the guest list, seems odd but if it works.

Thanks man. I managed to pull a hungarian chick out of 24 when I first got here...but you are right it is an absolute bitch trying to get into the 'cool' clubs. Once you're in drinks are $20 each...unfortunately that's where the hottest girls are. I'd rather hump my fist than kiss bouncer ass to get into a club though.

London

Quote: (08-26-2008 10:39 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

For London, I think your best bet is to go for the girls who are tourists or visiting for short stays. London is PACKED with them at any time of the year. Lots of Canadians, Americans, Australian girls either staying there on working visas for a few months or passing through on their way to Europe. In addition there are hordes of young european girls in town to learn English. Go for the tourist spots. The pubs, bars and clubs around Leicester Square, Covent Garden and Piccadilly are packed with them. Other areas are Knightsbridge and Kings Road. In addition, check out the pubs in areas where there are a lot of hostels or budget accomodation for students and travellers - Earls Court, Baker Street, Bayswater.

If you want to hook up with British girls, you should catch them on vacation when they are their sluttiest and drunkest. Take a trip down to places like Crete or Ayya Nappa, Ibiza, Benidorm etc.. It is cheap and you can see the British at their worst.

I've seen drunk British chicks and have no interest. Think I will take your advice and check out some pubs in Bayswater where I live. A corner pub is the last place I'd expect to find hot women, but nothing to lose.

London

Quote: (08-27-2008 06:05 PM)nwo4life Wrote:  

Quote: (08-26-2008 09:04 PM)basil Wrote:  

Chinawhite
Funky Buddha
Studio Valbone
Carbon
Pangaea
Maya
Aura

Thanks man. I managed to pull a hungarian chick out of 24 when I first got here...but you are right it is an absolute bitch trying to get into the 'cool' clubs. Once you're in drinks are $20 each...unfortunately that's where the hottest girls are. I'd rather hump my fist than kiss bouncer ass to get into a club though.

No drama, glad to be of service a few thousand kilometers away. I have an old friend who used to be a big promoter in London so he knew the scene pretty well, even if the top clubs have all changed.

Yeah bouncers are a necessary evil. It does pay to be nice though. When a girl sees you jump the que you get massive social proof, plus a couple of minutes of kissing bouncer ass often saves twenty minutes of waiting in line each time.

'I blew most of my money on fast cars, booze and women. The rest I squandered' - George Best

London

Quote: (08-27-2008 06:08 PM)nwo4life Wrote:  

I've seen drunk British chicks and have no interest. Think I will take your advice and check out some pubs in Bayswater where I live. A corner pub is the last place I'd expect to find hot women, but nothing to lose.

Yep, you are under estimating the pubs. Most people start off at the pub and then move to other venues. If you can catch them early and then head with them to the clubs, that is optimum.

There is a pub opposite the Queensway tube station that always seems to be packed with tourists. Also, dont forget the pubs around Leicester Square and Covent Garden. There is one right in Covent Garden, it is called Punch and Judy I think. Another popular tourist/student hang out. Also, there are a couple American international universities in London where American under grads go for a semester abroad. American girls in London. Pretty much up for anything. Check out the pubs near these universities. There is one off Hight Street Ken.

Report back and tell us how it goes. Would be interested to see if things have changed.

London

I've lived in London for two years now and I completely agree with the poster that said English girls are unattractive. Every time I start hitting on a girl that's attractive, I find out she's from somewhere else. Fortunately, London is full of girls from other places.

I've had my best luck with day game - pick and choose the girls you want during the day rather than settling for the loud, ugly English girls that seem to dominate the pubs and clubs at night.

London

Try brick lane

lots of latinas and chicks from the med go there

London

Your problem is you're looking for them at the bars. I've discovered that most of the real desirable girls in my town, don't go out to bars too often and if they do they are out to hang out with friends, not meet dudes. I'll see more cute girls in an afternoon in town than I will all weekend at the bars. I have heard London is an awesome city though, my cousin lived there 4 years. Doesn't seem like my kind of place though. I'm about to move from where I am and a big part of it has to do with there not being many girls out here.

London

Quote: (08-25-2008 02:50 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Any hot women in England would be immigrants. The native women of the UK are NOT attractive, and they often have bad teeth. I hate saying that because I'm a big fan of England and consider them like our brothers on the world stage, but their women I am not crazy about. Love the accents though, that's a saving grace. That accent might make an average British girl look cute to me.

I HATE the English accent. I like Aussie, South African, New Zealand, even the Irish isn't bad. But I HATE the English accent.

London

Quote: (07-15-2010 01:09 AM)Brandon E Wrote:  

I HATE the English accent. I like Aussie, South African, New Zealand, even the Irish isn't bad. But I HATE the English accent.

no such thing

a cockney accent sounds nothing like a scouse accent which sounds nothing like a newcastle accent which sounds nothing like a home counties accent etc

London

Quote: (08-25-2008 02:50 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Amen....I visited London once and hated it...just stay inside heathrow...that's probably the best it will ever get....

London

There are some (not many) hot women in London, and they're basically all immigrants from Eastern Europe. London's scene is very much like Los Angeles in that it's all about who you know, and what places you can get into. To even have a shot, you gotta get hooked up with some promoters at some nice clubs and then it becomes fairly easy.

But yeah... I lived in London for a month and couldn't wait to get out.

London

Quote: (07-15-2010 01:39 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Quote: (07-15-2010 01:09 AM)Brandon E Wrote:  

no such thing

a cockney accent sounds nothing like a scouse accent which sounds nothing like a newcastle accent which sounds nothing like a home counties accent etc

That would be the same as saying there is no American accent, as some people in New York speak different from people in the South. Or a Brazilian dialect of Portuguese since people in Sao Paulo speak different than people from Rio. There are probably tons of places you can make this comparison with.

London

It's true London is more about being part of a scene/inner circle. But there are so many ways in, unlike LA. Then you will meet plenty of hot women all of the time. If I was a tourist in London I wouldn't know where to start. But if anyones interested ...Old street, shoreditch is the place to start, with lots of new dives/clubs emerging all the way the Kingsland Road. Tons of hotties from all over the globe especially Scandinavians. I have lived in a few countries and travelled the globe but I always have to come back to London. Best parties, best fashion, best art, best music... it's an amazing City that never fails to inspire me.
And theres nothing wrong with the Queens English!

London

They do have great DJ's there, I'll give you that. As for the rest... err..... haha...

If anyone plans on going there, PM me and I can give you some names of big promoters on Facebook. Just friend them and you'll start getting blasts for their guestlists at some hot places.

London

I am toying with the idea of spending a few days, maybe a week in London on my way to Asia (Thailand) in September. Reading this thread has been very interesting. From reading this thread, I got the impression that most would agree that London is a so so place. Anyone local can confirm/deny this with recommendations? I'd also like to get the run down of things to do (touristy stuff) in London if one has a week to play with. Also, I'd like to get some tips from locals/those familiar with London as to what part of town is good to stay in and parts of town to hang out. Also, I'd like to ideal catch a couple of good football matches (mainly Arsenal and even Chelsea would be ok). So London pros, I'm anxiously awaiting your feedback/tips on your city. And if anyone's there around the 3rd week of September, let's go for a drink or even for a football match together.

Cheers.

London

its funny, i spent about 3 days in London a couple years ago while traveling through Europe and my recollection of the females there was that on whole they were very average but I think i saw more just straight knockout 10's then anywhere else...are there a lot of models per capita there?

London

Unless you know the right people its hard to know if you will get anything out of London, apart from the usual tourist attractions. I have met people who have lived here for years who just have know idea how to get the most out of this city. If your young and alternative and like hanging out with other fashionistas theres a couple of clubs up the Kingsland road (E8) which are very in right now. ANything in Old street but they are a bit more townie... not my cup of tea. If your in your 30's and tire of that shit then your pretty stuffed. Its all about house parties, pubs which you will only know about if you live here.
Brain... you are very right. On the whole there are not so many hot women. But this is London baby and models from all over the world live and work here. I see 10's all the time... however unlike other countries they know they are 10s and probably wont give the time of day. THe fact of the matter is there are so many social circles with so many people its easy to become very overwhelmed.. or underwhelmed with London... and possible quite jaded. Its got to be one of the hardest cities to crack which also makes it so addictive.

When a man is tired of London he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
Samuel Johnson

London

London has so much to offer...have lived here a long time,but am not in any real social circle with a golden ticket into the bacchanalian palace!My friends are all over the world now with a few still here.
I've done the bar /nightclub scene/pubs to death in my 20's...now just like a cosy little pub with good ale down the back streets,where I'm quaranteed a seat ..anyone out there want to join the Old Fxxxxxs Club [Image: smile.gif]....the real scandal is how many historic pubs are closing down,the culture is changing,and not for the better!One of my favourites got bought to turn into a house for some Russian /Oligarch gangster and his whore most likely.This pub is in the Mayfair district and is over 300 years old,(just think of the stories connected to one tavern in that time),and the council went against their own conservation policy to allow the change....lowlife spineless cunts!!You used to be able to navigate your way round town just by the names of the pubs! Ok I'll stop about that...sorry!
Now... Socially/dating wise...well like anywhere it's connected with your work ,university,family ,scene you're into,etc ,etc....but of course with so many folks coming and going as long as you're not a complete wallflower there are plenty of possibilities to meet people.Short time here...bars/clubs etc....but if you're here for any length of time and you've no connections,friends here I suggest staying at a hostel first...there'll be a few people to meet and go out with,starting out just like you...then after a job.... joining a class at one of the many night classes or sports clubs and go from there....because ,Yes it can be difficult to meet people in the the middle of the rushing and the pushing and the shoving.I live here and I've felt that plenty of times as opposed to somewhere like Miami Beach where I was staying in a hostel for months and had a whole load of people I knew within a couple of weeks just from going to the local bars and playing pool...more of a small town vibe combined with the sex appeal of a flash city with a beach..I did enjoy it there back in 2001...alas I ran out of money and returned to rainy /grey London in January..bad timing!! Also I recommend coming during the SUMMER,great city to walk,great parks/squares all over with opportunities to "bump" into people and the tourists wandering around..... On the other hand winter here is grey and rainy which can be quite depressing, no matter how sunny your outlook on life!!

Vacancier..if I'm around and free be happy to meet up....can't quarantee any action [Image: smile.gif] but plenty to see on the tourist trail!

London

Hey all,

I am moving to London in January next year after getting a transfer from work. Will probably be there for a year or longer if I like it.

Anyone got any recommendations on where I should live?
I have heard Fulham is nice although full of aussies and New Zealanders (I'm aussie so don't really wanna just hang around with other aussies), Clapham has also been recommended and I like the sound of Shoreditch because it is edgy with cool nightlife and I could walk to work (office is in London Bridge).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers