rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The wolf of Wall street

The wolf of Wall street

Just watched this interview with Jordan Belfourt.
He's the subject of a film now by Martin Scorcese.
Not sure if he;s turned into a self-help guy now...but he's got some funny stories and some interesting tips on getting ahead !

He talks like an uzi fires....

The wolf of Wall street

Quote: (09-03-2011 12:29 PM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

Not sure if he;s turned into a self-help guy now...but he's got some funny stories and some interesting tips on getting ahead !

Yeah, he's not exactly the most charismatic person to interview. Has a bit of that obvious, "I'm embellishing nearly everything I say because I'm a Wall-Street New Yorker douchebag with an over sized ego to compensate for my small penis."

I bet 2/3 things that come out of his mouth are distorted/flat out untrue. He just seems like the type.

No offense to the poster. Maybe the guy says something worthwhile, I only watched 60 seconds and was annoyed.
[/align]

The wolf of Wall street

He's books are actually pretty funny..but yeah,it's obvious he is making some of it up or exaggerating.the ammount of drugs he claimed to consume each day just does'nt add up.and if it was true then he would of been too out of it to remember a thing anyways.

The wolf of Wall street

Quote: (09-06-2011 10:07 PM)Magnum Wrote:  

He's books are actually pretty funny..but yeah,it's obvious he is making some of it up or exaggerating.the ammount of drugs he claimed to consume each day just does'nt add up.and if it was true then he would of been too out of it to remember a thing anyways.

Just a smart, energetic psychopath who found a more efficient way to use his sales ability to get more with less blowback.

Sold tons of penny stocks to retired people who got fucked so he could sink a yacht. Yeah, we all have a lot to learn from him.

Notice how the interviewer is never allowed to speak unless he interrupts the guy like five times.

He just spouts some standard self-help stuff with messianic conviction.

The wolf of Wall street

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...osses.html

"I need a miracle': Desperate last Facebook message of banker accused of £1.3bn fraud
Privately educated Kweku Adoboli was a 'work-hard play-hard' trader
Entertained a string of attractive women at his luxury flat in East London
Neighbours complain over Ghanaian trader's frantic party lifestyle
Shares in Swiss bank UBS slump 10% following the scandal
Adoboli's boss 'quits' as questions surface over his supervision of staff"

"A few weeks ago Adoboli lent Mr Pitt a copy of The Wolf Of Wall Street, by Jordan Belfort. It tells the story of a young trader who makes piles of money … loses it … and ends up on the wrong side of the law."

Oh Dear....wonder if the book had any influence on his trading strategy [Image: smile.gif]

The wolf of Wall street

Has anyone ever bother to ask why a man who makes million a week hires hookers?

The wolf of Wall street

Quote: (09-20-2011 04:00 PM)The Lesser Evil Wrote:  

I think it is the same reason why a man does who makes 2 million a week.

The wolf of Wall street

lol

The wolf of Wall street

Well if you figure he's making a million a week then his time is probably far too valuable to be wasting it wining, dining, and listening to/dealing with a bunch of golddiggers.

The wolf of Wall street

If you're a guy making as much money as these guys hookers are really the only way to go.He was married to a model so i'm sure he wanted to try to keep any extra punani on the down low... also,If you're banging some random chick and she finds out you're married and loaded you are leaving yourself open to a shakedown by the goldigging bitch.

The wolf of Wall street

Quote:Quote:

You're just a customer
What should he do? What's your problem with hookers?

Hiring Hookers= Trick

The wolf of Wall street

Well...

The wolf of Wall street

A hooker comes with a relatively strong contractual promise (albeit an implied one) to not get pregnant, scream rape or play gold digger.

Not particularly fun from an ego standpoint, but if you enjoy sex only for the sake of sex and not for the ego boost of conquest or for the benefits of companionship, hookers are the rational choice for a man who could literally pay a platoon of hookers to just stand around his house all day doing nothing.

The wolf of Wall street

This was awesome !! Don't try to set individual goals, work on completing a vision.

The wolf of Wall street

Read both of his books. I recommend you do the same. Awesome shit.

Breeze