rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ripping subtitles for language learning

Tools

Anki
subs2srs

Overview:

Anki - is a flashcard based program that holds audio/video data. This program is also on the Iphone and can be synced to an online database so you never lose you progress.

Subs2srs - will rip the image file, and covert the dialogue into flash cards, which you then import into Anki for reviewing.

These programs can be used for studying foreign films/dramas/comedy's that have subtitles. Can even be used for foreign versions of American comedies and films provided someone has them subbed. I would recommend these programs only if your around the intermediate level of your target language because it can be a bit overwhelming if your starting out as a beginner with hardly any vocabulary. Also provides a more interesting way to learn as opposed to other methods.

D-Addicts Large selection of Japanese Subtitles
Japanese guide

tvsubtitles.net will save you a lot of time.

Cool! Thanks for the shortcut, oldnemesis.

I've used that site before. Sometimes i'll extract all the vocab from subs2srs and make them into flashcards, review it/cram it. Then it makes picking up what they say a little easier since i've studied just the words used in that film.