rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much money to save up before leaving the West forever

Hello guys,

So i decided i don't want to live anymore in West-Europe, i'm fed up with the life here. So i have the following question to guys who has driven similar paths: How much money you need to save up to leave West -Europe forever to go Latin American or Asia?

I will add some more information , so you guys know more about the situation.

1: When in worst case, if would ran out of money, I could come back home and live with other family members back in West-Europe

2: I'm aiming to go to Latin America ( Mexico, Colombia,..) or Asia ( Thailand, Phillippines, going back to china)

3: I would like a job in logistics or sales in latin America or Asia (being an expat) or a location independent job ( so i can travel)

4: I would like to earn at least 1.800 € net in my new job

5: Bare in mind that i'm in my middle 20's and don't have that much work experience ( 1 year in sales and logistics)

I was thinking at the moment to save up 15. 000 € before i'm leaving West-Europe forever. Would that be enough or too less?

Thanks a lot guys for your input.

Quote: (07-02-2017 04:20 PM)SpursFan741 Wrote:  

Hello guys,

So i decided i don't want to live anymore in West-Europe, i'm fed up with the life here. So i have the following question to guys who has driven similar paths: How much money you need to save up to leave West -Europe forever to go Latin American or Asia?

I will add some more information , so you guys know more about the situation.

1: When in worst case, if would ran out of money, I could come back home and live with other family members back in West-Europe

2: I'm aiming to go to Latin America ( Mexico, Colombia,..) or Asia ( Thailand, Phillippines, going back to china)

3: I would like a job in logistics or sales in latin America or Asia (being an expat) or a location independent job ( so i can travel)

4: I would like to earn at least 1.800 € net in my new job

5: Bare in mind that i'm in my middle 20's and don't have that much work experience ( 1 year in sales and logistics)

I was thinking at the moment to save up 15. 000 € before i'm leaving West-Europe forever. Would that be enough or too less?

Thanks a lot guys for your input.

You won't get paid anywhere near 1800€ anywhere in LATAM or Asia, much less with 1 year experience. After 7+ years experience....maybe.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Could find a place teaching English is how most guys start. There are a lot of location independent threads as well as teaching English abroad threads on here. I am working towards the same goal trying to get to Asia by the end of the year.

My goal isn't to save a certain amount of money before I move abroad, but rather, to have a certain level of surplus passive income. This would be what's left over after food, housing, entertainment, student loans, visa payments, etc. has been paid. I'd like to move abroad, not have to work, and be able to come back in a few years or whenever I want with a fat stack in the bank. I'd probably work anyways, if remote work was available or if I create an online business, but I want to be able to not have to work.

I'm shooting for running between a 2k or 3k surplus while abroad, without having to work, within 23 months. That's what I'm working towards.

Just thought I'd show things from a different angle. So, instead of "How much should I have saved?" My question is, "How much of a passive income surplus do I want to be running every month while I'm abroad?"

I'm not comfortable with a balance sheet that zeroes out or goes in the red at the end of every month, I've got to be running a surplus after all expenses are taken care of.

If you're cool with having to work, then teaching English seems to work pretty well. Depending on the country I live in, I'd consider doing that, if only to dive deeper into the country's culture.

Make sure to stash money away European Money. You'll be making worthless money when you live in a foreign place when you re-convert into Euros.

The first thing you need to do is decide between seeking a regular job somewhere in the world or going the location independent/self-employed route.

To succeed at either will require your full-time attention.

I won't bother to offer advice until you've narrowed your choices down to one income option.

Recommended location, preparations and pre-departure savings will depend heavily on your chosen income source.

I'm the King of Beijing!

edit

15,000 euros in savings? Don't pull the plug yet. Way too little. It's not even 8 months worth of living expenses assuming you keep your expenses at 1,800 euros a month. You'll run out of money before you know it.

Before giving out suggested savings targets, I will say you should focus on income targets. Start now.

You could either apply for teaching jobs or start your own business that can be run remotely.

Once you have decided on what you're going to do and how you're going to make money, I will say you need at least 24-36 months of savings.

Yes. 24 to 36 months. Minimum.

I know this sounds extreme, but there are extra costs with expatriation, travel, visa runs, resettlement, and more importantly -- the unexpected. You will be prepared for what life throws at you in a foreign country, while buying you precious time to turn a net positive cash flow from your business or job abroad.

It took me two years to turn a positive cash flow from my business. If I had less than 24 months in living expenses, I would have had to pull up the stakes and go back home.

I don't generally speak in absolutes, but you absolutely need at least 2-3 years of living expenses in your target country/region -- unless you already are earning passive income, in which case you don't need to worry about stacking your savings account as much.

You need time to find a job that is paying that much with your experience. Not many places in Asia will pay you that kind of salary with that little experience, and those that do will require connections and effort to find, increasing the amount of cash you need to leave America. I'd say get 6 months expenses in wherever you're going + get the job lined up beforehand, or get 1 year + if not beforehand. You might even have to learn another language.

Location independent income of course makes this a whole lot easier, but harder to get going.

In your shoes I would try to find a job with a multinational company in your home country where you can position yourself to be sent abroad eventually (possibly China). And then go from there.

1 year and be prepared to hustle. Hard.

You should get some 200.000 EUR.

Then you can invest it into various things. Hell - you can even buy 4 rental apartments in an EE tourist city and rent it out via AirBnB. There are companies which do that for you. That way you may make 40.000$ / year and can live off that easily most countries in the world.

Quote: (07-03-2017 11:41 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Then you can invest it into various things. Hell - you can even buy 4 rental apartments in an EE tourist city and rent it out via AirBnB. There are companies which do that for you. That way you may make 40.000$ / year and can live off that easily most countries in the world.

Does that only work if you're an EU citizen?

Thanks for the answer guys , really appreciated.

Teaching english was on my mind as well but due to the fact that i'm not a native English speaker, things are harder and i don't have any teaching experience neither a degree in it. Maybe as a kindergarden teacher it should be possible

I decided to save about 24K € before moving abroad forever and to get job in advance before i move, so i won't run out of money.

@Cleanstate I agree life is expensive and abroad , the costs can raise up quickly, thats why i raised my amount that i want to save up.

So now the question: A location independent job or a job in Asia or latin -America.

Location independent: I was keeping an eye on some location independent jobs some american companies posted ( mainly as customer representative or telephone sales). It seems decent paid.
Other possibilities are: starting a blog, being a broker ( learn it) . But these 2 last possibilities will take some time off course to earn something from it

Location dependent: A job in sales , logistics ( material controller , supply and chain,..) or in teaching will be the possibilities. I will avoid anyway the more "expensive" countries in latin america and asia to apply for a job ( Japan for example).

Cities specific that i have in my mind now to go apply for jobs: Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Bangkok, Jakarta.

Quote: (07-03-2017 12:48 PM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

Quote: (07-03-2017 11:41 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Does that only work if you're an EU citizen?

It helps a lot. Otherwise you have to create company and then buy it that way. Some countries have different regulations concerning that, so it is restrictive of sorts. Aside from the EU law there is the local laws which are more important in that regard. There are countries which make it quite difficult for non-EU individuals (also foreign-owned companies) to do that thing.

Here's another avenue to consider:

build up a strong foreign language skill in a country you want to move in, and get a job with a multi-national company that has offices there. The latter can pay the bills while you do the former if you are disciplined and invest your resources in it.

Quote: (07-03-2017 04:17 AM)This Is Trouble Wrote:  

1 year and be prepared to hustle. Hard.

You're a machine.

The volume of your work output is incredible.

Oh man, fuck it & slip on a latex and dive in, swish! Over analyzing is the biggest determent to success. Many of a great travel writers in the Manosphere have failed miserably before striking gold and finding their way. IMO You are making excuses not to go instead of manning up and embarking on the adventure of a lifetime.

It depends on where you want to live.
I remember one guy saying he doesnt want to learn Chinese culture because all he sees is people fighting on streets, taking shit on streets, beating his wife and all other bad things you dont want to deal with because he lives in poor areas. If you want to live in an area where people dress clean and act with manner like european standards, im sure it wont be cheap or can be more expensive.

Quote: (07-03-2017 08:55 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

It depends on where you want to live.
I remember one guy saying he doesnt want to learn Chinese culture because all he sees is people fighting on streets, taking shit on streets, beating his wife and all other bad things you dont want to deal with because he lives in poor areas. If you want to live in an area where people dress clean and act with manner like european standards, im sure it wont be cheap or can be more expensive.

This is bad advice. Excluding Hong Kong, there's not a single part of China where you won't routinely witness low-class behavior. I've lived in some of the most sought after zipcodes in the country and nothing changed about the behavior of the people around me, rich or poor.

"Learn Chinese culture" doesn't mean anything. How do you "learn a culture?"

Assuming that is intended to mean "live according to Chinese cultural norms," we've had that discussion already and it's safe to say that Chinese cultural norms include behaviours that most people from a first world nation would find revolting and morally offensive.

The cultural norm in East-Asian nations is that people in positions of power rule over those in weaker positions and the people in weaker positions are expected to suck it up and let their bosses, political leaders, law enforcement and anyone else in position of superior power squeeze as much benefit out of them as possible while giving as little back as possible.

When a foreigner lives and works in the country and objects to being mistreated and lied to by an employer who refuses to honour their employment contract, they are accused of "not knowing Chinese culture," which simply translates to "I'm better than you and therefore you have no rights. Suck it up and work harder to make me rich."

And in case you were wondering, the perception in the China is that any and every foreigner deserves to be at the bottom of the pecking order. If they do gain a position of power (as many with certain skills to assets do), the presumption is that they only gained it due to an unfair advantage associated with historic crimes committed by their nation of birth and their skin colour.

There's an unspoken belief that only China should only benefit the Chinese and that any foreigner who comes to China to work should be grateful to simply break even financially. After all, the Chinese believe themselves to be a genetically superior people with 5000 years of history, which means that on an fair playing field, the Chinese would quickly dominate the world due to their superior intelligence, cultural insight and historical status.

These views are held primarily by Chinese who have never or only briefly seen the outside world. Those who have spent extensive time abroad before returning to their country of origin are usually very annoyed and unimpressed by the behavior they see from their fellow countrymen in China.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Suits, your status is obvious here. Here being, online amongst seekers of information. Cheers to that, I guess. You are repping China, come on dog, that ain't shit in this thread about Expating. From what I gather, you have secured an int. IT gig and claim to be an Int. Playboy based on your technical skills.... Really, I have a few years in University and know exactly the kind of pussy, geeks study that shit. Bravoooo. Come down here to the belly and talk that high and mighty garbage! Mexico July, 2017. You can stay at my condo por gratis.

OP save enough that gets you there and a your return trip. Everything else is on you [Image: wink.gif]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5XtvhR4oUY

It is possible but the idea of going to a poor country to get a job generally isn't a good idea. A big part of what is great about living in those countries is being comparatively rich compared to the masses and it's not a coincidence or mistake that most people in those countries would probably go to great lengths to be able to live in the country you're coming from. It is possible to find jobs with Western wages but why would they hire you with one year experience when they can hire a local with 10 years experience and pay them 30% of the wage? That's the bad news.

Even if you're not a native speaker, teaching English is still probably possible in a less strict place.

The good news is that if you can work out an online hustle or something similar where you can even earn minimum wage in say the UK or USA, you're already earning the wage of a doctor or lawyer and comparatively rich in the Philippines or Thailand. So the barrier to entry is not that high for working online compared to if you had to survive and thrive in Western Europe.

My advice is to try and sell something online then when you just think you need more time to dedicate to it to make it a success and have a bit of savings, pull the plug.

I moved abroad to SE Asia with around 7000 euros savings and a plan to work online and everything worked out great but I did get down to less than 1000 a couple of months in. Luckily though I'd already started making better money and was just waiting on the payments.

Quote: (07-07-2017 11:18 PM)c_glider Wrote:  

Suits, your status is obvious here. Here being, online amongst seekers of information. Cheers to that, I guess.

Thanks.
I've been called the songbird of my generation.

You are repping China, come on dog, that ain't shit in this thread about Expating.

No worries, man. Happy to help share helpful information.

From what I gather, you have secured an int. IT gig and claim to be an Int. Playboy based on your technical skills....

Totally incorrect.

Really, I have a few years in University and know exactly the kind of pussy, geeks study that shit. Bravoooo. Come down here to the belly and talk that high and mighty garbage!

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I agree with the other posters here, it is less important how much you saved up. It is more important what your passive income is.

If you live from your savings, you will run out of money sooner or later.

It takes time to launch a successful business and you probably won't make much in the first year or two. At the time the business is starting to kick-off, you have already ran out of money.

Why don't you take action for getting started on some passive income now?

Mannbibel - Meistgelesener Artikel: Dominiere deine Freundin im Bett
Die Rückkehr der Männlichkeit - a german blog written by Ray